Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

Richard

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say confirmed, becase it wouldn't be the first time a ride's name has changed at Movie World between construction and opening. "Scooby-Doo Spooky Castle" comes to mind. Though I would be confident that it'll be Batwing, whether they keep the Space Shot would be the only question. The park doesn't really build rides any faster than any other park out there. You mightn't have heard of Superman Escape until September, but work was underway many months before then. It's really just been a case of Movie World wanting to build two thrill rides in two years. To be very general about it, you're looking at around 3-5 months construction for most coasters, when you factor in all the groundwork etc. that has to go in before vertical construction can begin. A thrill ride like a Space Shot could be up and running within a few months of work first beginning. Of course, planning is done many months in advance of construction beginning.

Im hoping they do as i think having the word "spaceshot" on the end kind of makes it sound crap. While we can immediatley see the connection, i think it would sort of sound silly to the public as 'space' is not something you associate with batman, and 'shot' makes it sound like a weapon of some sort and well, it sounds plain weird to have a model name in with the ride. I thought the initial whisperings of "Batwing: The Flight" sounded much better.

Batwing-Spaceshot .....Just doesn't really flow-I hope they change it to something lik : The Batwing or something...so what is it just like a freefall drop? :unsure:

While we can immediatley see the connection, i think it would sort of sound silly to the public as 'space' is not something you associate with batman, and 'shot' makes it sound like a weapon of some sort
I very much agree

^ What's it like?? Think of it as a "reverse bungee" - you start in your carriage on the Ground positioned facing outward from one of 4 sides of the Tower with feet dangling etc... You are suddenly fired vertically up, 200 feet in the air and pulling 4g's at the initial launch.. As you reach the top, your carriage runs out of momentum as you start to fall back in the downward direction. The carriage kind of bounces up and down the tower as you make your way back to earth..

I'm from Germany and only for 4 months here in Australia. It was a big surprise to me to see a Spaceshot coming new nowadays as in Europe they are almost everywhere and do not raise attention anymore. S&S has a combo tower doing both ride sequences of Space Shot and Turbo Drop in one ride cycle which is FABOLOUS and in my opinion belongs to the best tower experiences out there at the moment. Or the funny Double Shots. A WBMW official exlpained the ride sequence of Batwing with you being shot up and falling down and then it does it all over again. MAYBE its a grown-up Double Shot tower ride? I'm hoping it. AND what do you guys say about the location of the tower? I'm afraid it crashes the great optics of Superman upon entering the park. However when you come down the Mainstreet towards the parks's Entrance its right in the centre of your view. THATs really nice. I somehow would have loved to see the tower in the Matrix Exhibit area or maybe at the end of the side-street to Batman the Ride. Its because those Towers do draw the crowds easily into corners of the park which are not too popular yet. Now all the star attractions are sort of in one place. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at the pics from ozcoaster it definielty says BATWING - spaceshot. Would Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 close during the construction because of the destruction of the archway to the ride?
The Batride is still open whilst the ride is being constructed. Here are three pictures of construction boarders to show you the name of the ride. Enjoy. post-1145-1158838100_thumb.jpg Here is a picture showing a sign saying that the Batride is still open. post-1145-1158838201_thumb.jpg A picture of the construction boarders. post-1145-1158838270_thumb.jpg A close up of the Batwing-Spaceshot logo, but it could always change.

I think it's very unlikely the logo will change between now and when the ride opens. And why would it? It's a fantastically designed Movie World logo (as always). A more important question to ask is, will the ride actually open this year? It seems as though the year is nearly, pretty much, almost, over. Today construction looked very "underconstructed". It is great to see Movie World expanding though.

i didnt say it would change, i said it COULD change, i mean well, if i didn't say that, you would always get some idiot saying "oh how do you know its the logo, it might change, they always make last minute decisions", but any one, its a forum your entitled to say nething you want :) But anyway, yeah i agree with you, it is great to see that movie world is expanding. As for the opening thing, im not to sure, because, well i dont know, um... oh yeah construction is going extremly slow lately, but you never know they could move on really quickly, it would be good if it opened some time soon. I remember someone told me when the news about the ride came out that it was supposed to open in September.

Shall I start the betting now?!?! It will be open this year - but only just. As always, expect it to open on Boxing day. Just in time to cash in on the lucrative silly season. Any earlier than that will be a suprise. The ground work part is the most time consuming. When the tower starts being assembled it will literally go up over night

I can certainly tell you that the park is hoping to have it open long before Boxing Day. BD is traditional for launching new attractions but it is hell on the operations department. Not having time to tweak how a new ride operated in regards to capacity, ops staffing, people management etc before one of your businest days of the year is a real strain on everyone. If construction timelines persist then the ride will certainly at least soft open prior to Boxing Day. Of course the thing still has to be delivered yet!

It doesnt have to be deliverd anymore.....was at MW today and saw parts of the tower sitting in the same area at the back of the carpark where superman track was. About 3 or 4 tower sections, and I am guessing another 2 or 3 to be delievered? It is currently grey in colour, but I think it will be painted a differnt colour once it is installed.

I'm surprised that people don't seem to be very excited about this. I think it will be an excellent addition to the park and a very solid attraction. If Movie World were to add in maybe two more thrill rides (although that probably won't happen for a while) after this addition then they would be easily above Dreamworld in thrills as well as everything else. Certainly looking forward to december.

Its not very exciting that it has arrived. It will be when its actually became vertical and Painted (i hope). And more exciting when it opens. It looks weird like, i didnt picture it to look like that.. Lets hope those Fcuked up Idiots out there dont go tagging it with there spray paint.

The last thing we need in Australia is another theme park using unnecessarily bright and unnatural colours. We have to remember that Movie World prides itself in the excellent level of themeing and detail they put into all of their rides. It would be a huge disappointment for them to simply paint the structure bright orange and pink just so it stands out. The ride is called Batwing and will be located in the Batman area of the park so we can only assume that the ride will take on some sort of Batman-related themeing. When was the last time you saw a Gotham City building that wasn't grey? Am I the only person here who is pleased that Movie World is continuing to theme their rides?

I never said I wanted it gross colours. I think it would be great if it was painted a dark batman colour. I think that would be more of a batman theme, yeh that is so extreme. I just think if it was left grey they would be slacking off, and you say movie world would be theming it good if they left it grey is a stupid thing too say. Aswell am I the only one who doesnt want it bland grey? If it was themed to a grey building that would be bad.

Edited by aidan