Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

Richard

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im new here and wanted to add a few thoughts: they should leave superman area unthemed. it looks fine as it is cos it feels like its an extension to the studios just behind it. but maybe they could pretty it up so that it feels like you're actually walking around the studios. why don't they share the batride queues. they never seem to use up the entire queue area. half could go to batride and half for batwing. it could get a big confusing though (maybe having two separate entrances with signs could help though)

Welcome to R-C Good idea about using the existing railings for both rides, but as you said some good signage could eliminate any confusion. Its a nice spot to queue too with all the trees. But, i still do think SE should be themed more on the outside, its sort of conflicting to have the inside of the ride themed and convincing, but the outside just some white sheds, especially since the rest of the park is so niceley done.

^Yeah! I remember that park in America that was building that new coaster, but when they found out some coaster nerds were saying they didn't like the colours, they decided to take it down. Let's make sure that doesn't happen guys! Movie World, the colours are fine. Continue with construction please. /sarcasm

Edited by goliath

^Yeah! I remember that park in America that was building that new coaster, but when they found out some coaster nerds were saying they didn't like the colours, they decided to take it down. Let's make sure that doesn't happen guys! Movie World, the colours are fine. Continue with construction please.
:D That's hysterical I love it. It would certainly make us whingers on here grateful for what we've got. I'm sure Movie World know in their hearts though that we really do appreciate their efforts. But what is a theme park discussion site without discussion?

Does anyone know where people will queue for BW?
I remeber seeing a press release about the queue set up, but i think i deleted it. One thing im definitley glad of is the fact MW themes their rides without outside input, gah, imagine if some of the ideas some coaster nerds put out there actually got used....i mean, name one ugly MW ride, a bit hard eh. Edited by Gazza

WHAT?! Are you serious? 1. The general public would be pretty angry at those people! 2. Wouldn't that cost the park alot of money?? But as Gogoboy said, whats a coaster discussion site without a discussion? :P
I think perhaps you missed the most vital part of that post....To help you, I put it in bold, italicised it and underlined it...
^Yeah! I remember that park in America that was building that new coaster, but when they found out some coaster nerds were saying they didn't like the colours, they decided to take it down. Let's make sure that doesn't happen guys! Movie World, the colours are fine. Continue with construction please. /sarcasm
Edited by Drewboy

^Yeah! I remember that park in America that was building that new coaster, but when they found out some coaster nerds were saying they didn't like the colours, they decided to take it down.
Hahaha. Totally agree goliath. What a shamble that turned into. Gazza, while it would've been nice if Movie World had extensively themed the Superman Escape exterior I really don't think it's necessary. I think they've done a wonderful job with that area of the park. It's clean, open, and very well presented. It also gives the riders a bit of a surprise when they board the attraction and find themselves several feet underground in an elaborately themed (for Australian standards) subway with some very cool effects. I believe the position of the entrance and the related themeing are enough to successfully fool guests into believing they have queued up for the wrong ride and are indeed boarding a train. With all the white buildings in that small area it does make the park once again feel like a working production studio. The black painted explosion coming out of the building is enough in my books. I think it's better than Lethal Weapon's themeing (obviously it doesn't beat Scooby-Doo though). Edited by Adam

maybe they could put some big movie posters around the white sheds so it blends with the other real stages in the background? they sorta do that at universal wit shrek. it feels like a real production area u r walking in. i think they should put a food shop over in the superman area. it'll give the ppl who aren't riding something else to do.

think they should put a food shop over in the superman area. it'll give the ppl who aren't riding something else to do.
Agreed, i was thinking they should move that little green stand alone shop that is on main street (i think it has ol fashioned coke signs on it, cant really remember though) Anyway, they should put that somewhere in the superman area, while at the same time adding new york style park benches and bins to sort of give it a feel that you are somewhere in central metropolis, so to one side you have a subway entrance, to the other that green newspaper stand and all around realistic street furniture.

• 2 weeks later...

You can see here http://www.lifthill.net/search.php that the first secion is in place. Nothing happened since. Well, a few palm trees, the control unit shed and two lights are in place - but no decoration yet. Today new containers arrived. The pieces on the parking lot are tower pieces 3,4 and 5. Piece no 2 accidently went - thats the rumor - to Mexico instead of Australia. That's obviously not WBMW's fault. :huh: But the ride should be definitively ready for the main season in Dec.

Today new containers arrived. The pieces on the parking lot are tower pieces 3,4 and 5. Piece no 2 accidently went - thats the rumor - to Mexico instead of Australia. That's obviously not WBMW's fault. :huh: But the ride should be definitively ready for the main season in Dec.
Well... Ummmm... I wonder how many job's were lost over that little one? lol :rolleyes:

The shipping company would not know weather the part they were shipping was for a space shot, a new tower going up in New York or going to be part of the new assembily line in the Lego factory that is in Mexico. All they know is they have a big metal thing on their truck/ship/plane and it needs to get from A to B. The shipping company has obvioulsly just got the location wrong. It happens all the time. At work we quite often have parts going to a store down the street or over to Perth. They all eventually get to where they need to be.