Construction underway on Movie World's newest ride

Richard

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guessing that the top of it, will be something similar to these towers. Well, not similar as in exactly the same design, but something topping off the tower like shown here:

DSC01122.jpg

This is Dr Doom Fearfall at IOA, not sure if it is the same height as what Batwing is going to be, but I went on it, and its an awesome ride!

Was at Movieworld today. The top is in. Looks awesome. The batwing logo on all 4 sides around the top. Theres a giant spotlight on the roof of the control building (assumption) that is aimed at the top of the tower. The air tubes are in. The gondola is in, seats and restraints are in. Work was continuing around the base of the ride, and as we left the park there was also work happening at the very top of the tower. A new arch was being installed. It fits with the Gotham City theming. Colours appear to be Black Tower, with Grey/Dark Grey Pneumatics. A Darker Grey Gondola, with Black seats and Yellow restraints. Open by December 06 is looking good to me.

Yeah sorry I didn't post the pic in the right thread. At the moment the batman ride is closed while they build batwing and I asked one of the staff if they were going to change any of the ride (adventure ride) and he said no because the batwing is going to be themed around the "new" batman movie so there's no need to change the adventure ride. I said they should because it's old and boring and he just laughed.

Drove past last night and looks great at night. The top part is all lite up and is a major eye opener from the highway, so anyone coming from North or South will be able to see the skyline from a great distance. Movieworld is starting to look like a awesome American themepark Coasters, Space Shot....what else....

I dont want any of our parks to be like the American ones because theres soo many of them; just want an Aussie park to look and feel like an Aussie park. The good thing with our parks is there really isn't anything that we can compare them too except each other where as in the states there's so many parks people always say "park a should get the rollercoaster park b got but only make it bigger, faster and have more inversions" where as here we're all like "dreamworld needs a new coaster" "movieworld needs more thrill rides" and so forth...we're not saying that they need rides like the opposite park.

Yes I agree that the skyline for Movie World really is starting to look special. How can you say you don't want our parks to look like American parks? American parks are some of the best in the world without a doubt!! I'd love our parks to look like US parks (minus a couple of the dodgy ones) and thankfully SOME of them are slowly heading in that direction

I dont mean in terms of rides, I mean I just want them to have the Aussie feel. Australia is already too Americanised imo and MW has that American feeling..I'm just the type of person who is proud to be Australian and wants every aspect of Australia to be and look Australian; theme parks included.

I want our Parks to become bigger and better, and with American Themeparks being my fav parks ever, I want the parks on the Gold Coast to follow, Which is what they are doing. Go to Gold Rush country in Dreamworld for a "Aussie feeling".

Edited by mattcrombie

Dreamworld and WWW are the closest to Aussie parks your going to get, Dreamworld is really Australian with their Australian animal experience and gold rush section like mattcrombie said. WWW is based on Australian beach culture and WVTP just opened the Australian outback spectaular so I think they are covered with the aussie parks at the moment.

Edited by aidan

Dreamworld and WWW are the closest to Aussie parks your going to get, Dreamworld is really Australian with their Australian animal experience and gold rush section like mattcrombie said. WWW is based on Australian beach culture and WVTP just opened the Australian outback spectaular so I think they are covered with the aussie parks at the moment.
Actually, your wrong there. You forgot AussieWorld. I've never been there, But from what I've heard.. It's pretty "Aussie" for you. :lol:
3 years? Why so long? You live in NSW it's not going to cost that much to visit the GC for a few days.
We recently went to Queensland the week after Indy (we forgot about Indy). So, we're going to wait 3 years til, hopefully the parks have a few more rides. :) Also, in 3 years time I would have finished Yr 12, So I'll proabley end up going up for schoolies.

Actually, your wrong there. You forgot AussieWorld. I've never been there, But from what I've heard.. It's pretty "Aussie" for you. laugh.gif
If by Aussie you mean crap, you're going to the right place. Aussie World should be called "dump world". But Batwing should completely change the front area of mainstreet, I believe just as much as SE did! Should be awesome. I'm hoping to get out there sometime these holidays.

I want our Parks to become bigger and better, and with American Themeparks being my fav parks ever, I want the parks on the Gold Coast to follow, Which is what they are doing. Go to Gold Rush country in Dreamworld for a "Aussie feeling".
Right and I never once said that I didn't want them to be like the US parks in terms of rides, did I? no I said that I just want them to have the Aussie feeling. I dont want mw or dw to end up like Six Flags or even like Cedar Point..rollercoasters are good and all but a variety is a good thing. Gold Rush Country doesn't feel very Australian and I walked through it like 8 times today. It was rather bland looking with only the Rapids working and a huge ugly mesh going around the mine ride. As much as I love dw I think mw are going to over take them in not only ride value but also ride presentation/themeing. TOT themeing needs to be fixed SO bad and the cyclone themeing is just so bland..they couldve done alot more. They need to chage that stupid video they play in the tot. Oh and as for the Batwing changing the Main St look it DOES, was standing outside the WB store today and I noticed the gondalas on (they weren't on wednesday), it just looks good especially when you first walk in or when superman goes over the tophat. When we were driving from dw today you can see the tower for miles..long before Superman even comes into view.

Actually, your wrong there. You forgot AussieWorld. I've never been there, But from what I've heard.. It's pretty "Aussie" for you. :lol: We recently went to Queensland the week after Indy (we forgot about Indy). So, we're going to wait 3 years til, hopefully the parks have a few more rides. :) Also, in 3 years time I would have finished Yr 12, So I'll proabley end up going up for schoolies.
Oh ok. I didn't realize that you were still @ school.