US Trip

ShaneAU

Hi everyone Haven't posted for a while and will be going to the US in about 6 weeks and just wanted to get your opinion on which Disney park to attend. We will be staying at Anaheim accross the road from Disneyland and was wonder which park is better to go to. Original or California Adventure. Due to time contraints we will only have one day there. We are also doing SFMM and Knotts as well as Universal IOA in Orlando and maybe Universal in LA but not sure about that yet. Any suggestions appreciated. Shane

Shane, Both parks are great. Disneyland however is small & you may find that you could hit both parks since they're in such close proximity if you pick the right day. I was able to do that February last year. Of course that was in a colder period of the year but if you restricted yourself to the absolute classics - Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railway, Space Mountain etc then you would have enough time. Mind you, Disneyland is the Walt-designed park and since you're not doing Disneyworld, perhaps you should just limit yourself to hitting California Adventure for the Twillight Zone Tower of Terror/Paradise Pier/Soaring attractions. Take it from me, if you can, do Universal Orlando instead as the theming is much better & so if you don't care about the backlot tour, you're better off.

It really depends what you're into Shane. If you really like coasters, probably hit DCA; California Screamin' is tremendous. However, I think you'd have a much better overall experience at Disneyland. Theres just much more to do. Also consider a Park Hopper pass. The parks are surprisingly small, and if you get there early, it shouldnt be to hard to have a good look around both of them in a day. If you're going to do that, make sure you use FastPasses!

I managed to get my hands on a 1 day hopper pass in 2003 (quite a feet, they weren't sold till late 2004) and I spent from 8 in the morning till midnight at the parks and missed a bunch of stuff. But it was one heck of a day out, I'd say go both, and stick to the 'e-tickets'. Definatly do both in the same day though, afterall if you go to just DL you'll be thinking about ToT all day, and if you go to DCA you'll be thinking "coulda gone to DL" all day. Out of the two, I spent more time (about 3/4s of the time) at DL, but I'm glad I was able to head across to check out DCA, Cali Screamin' and Grizzly River are worth the extra price themselves.