Wazza1

Some Stuff

4 posts in this topic

interesting to note - in number 3, that the whole time, every paragraph of the article is plugging and plugging the safety message... just how safe the coasters will be and what measures they are taking to ensure this. they talk of the "pioneering new FIN BRAKING SYSTEM" and so on.... hammering home how safe the coasters will be - "safer than billiards or badminton"... must have been a bit of scare out there during the initial promo time...

"safer than billiards or badminton"...
I've found billiards to be painfull sometimes, especially when a ball comes off the table and lands on you toe or you forget you've got your thumb resting near one of the pockets and someone hits it hard!

interesting to note - in number 3, that the whole time, every paragraph of the article is plugging and plugging the safety message... just how safe the coasters will be and what measures they are taking to ensure this. they talk of the "pioneering new FIN BRAKING SYSTEM" and so on.... hammering home how safe the coasters will be - "safer than billiards or badminton"... must have been a bit of scare out there during the initial promo time...
I think you will find that Australian's on the whole had not had much experience with wooden coasters up untill that point, and as a result the operators of Wonderland felt there might be some trepidation from the public. So I guess it was all about reassurance for people, because lets face it, you see a wooden coaster and you see it shake and sway and a lay person will look at that and think that its not safe. Whereas us experts (yes all of us here) know that the coaster is actully designed to do that.