Whitewater World pricing discussion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd imagine it'll be a fraction cheaper than Wet'n'Wild initially to make it a bit more appealing, because they lack the brand awareness that will give WnW the edge until Whitewater World has established itself as a valid alternative. I'd certainly question the strategy they're taking if they choose to equal Wet'n'Wild's ticket price.

• 1 month later...

Tickets will be around the $32 mark. This is $8 cheaper than Wet'n'Wild, which obviously reflects an acknowledgement that Macquarie Leisure are aware of Wet'n'Wild's stronghold on the market, and also the fact that the park is somewhat smaller and less developed. Two park passes will be cheaper and work out to be better value than the Three Park Super Pass.

Tickets will be around the $32 mark. This is $8 cheaper than Wet'n'Wild, which obviously reflects an acknowledgement that Macquarie Leisure are aware of Wet'n'Wild's stronghold on the market, and also the fact that the park is somewhat smaller and less developed. Two park passes will be cheaper and work out to be better value than the Three Park Super Pass.
How could it be better? The 3 park pass gives you 3 parks plus a bonus park. It also gives you unlimited access for 14 days. I can't see how it could be better.

With this development, I wonder how far of WVTP are from launching their "fun pass" / custom passes. I think its fairly critical that they make one avaliable fairly soon, as there will be many choosing between a world pass and forking out for a 3 park super pass, and based on price lots will go for the world pass. It would make sense therefore for WVTP to make avaliable a "pick any 2" type ticket that would be able to compete directly. Still $32 aint bad for what is there. I can see it being appealing to younger families, as they are paying less for better attractions suited to them (the huge nick play structure and wiggles pool)

$32 is so cheap. Luna Park in Sydney is more expensive than that! Whitewater World is offering state of the art attractions in a themed environment while Luna Park offers a small selection of ex-carnival rides from the 1970's and 80's with no theming and pretty average presentation. If that ticket price is right I'd say Whitewater World is excellent value

I should just add that this price information is pretty sketchy. The stuff about value is correct (the two park passes will be better value etc.) but I'm certainly not 100% on the ticket price. This may actually be the average ticket price or something different. It comes from a reliable source from outside of the company and not in the theme park industry so I'm not convinced it's up to date or totally accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

I called dreamworld yesterday, as i was going to renew my DW pass for my birthday yesterday. I enquired if they were going to have a dual annual pass, but guest services on the phone told me that they were not aware or had be told of that option. I called basically cause i will get both of them, but if they wre going to do a dual, i would of waited.. or it would be good to know if u can upgrade to one (if there is going to be one) at a nominated price for the ppl that already have DW ones.

I called dreamworld yesterday, as i was going to renew my DW pass for my birthday yesterday. I enquired if they were going to have a dual annual pass, but guest services on the phone told me that they were not aware or had be told of that option. I called basically cause i will get both of them, but if they wre going to do a dual, i would of waited.. or it would be good to know if u can upgrade to one (if there is going to be one) at a nominated price for the ppl that already have DW ones.
I think Richard said that DW and WWW will have a combined pass. Not sure how much though.

• 2 weeks later...

HERE ARE THE DREAMWORLD 2 DAY WORLD PASS PRICES!!!! I was looking through my RAA (Automobile Association) magazine a minute ago and came along an article on the prices of the "Dreamworld World 2 Day Pass" 1 Adult Retail $106.00 Discount $95.50 1 Child Retail $70.00 Discount $63.00 1 Concession Retail $70.00 Discount $63.00 Family 2 Adults & 2 Children Retail $317.00 Discount $285.00 See attached scanned article below.

post-311-1161413868_thumb.jpg

Edited by cheesy

so getting a two day pass your not saving anythinag at all anyhow, it makes it $62 for DW still and$44 for www.
It actually works out to $4 more for a ticket to WWW than WNW. (if you work it out to be one day at Dreamworld and then the other at WWW) Seems a bit odd to me, and not very competitive. :unsure: Edited by cheesy

Interesting find. Usually these double day tickets sell for a little less than the price of two single-day tickets into each respective park. This could mean that the regular price of a Dreamworld ticket will increase or normal WhiteWater World admission costs more than $44 (an already ridiculous price). Unlikely. Walt Disney World's Magic Your Way tickets cost extra if you want the added option of being able to "hop" between parks. Maybe Dreamworld are also charging more for this luxury (i.e. the discount is off-set by the hopping cost so the price appears the same). I assume the reason for the WDW Resort charging more is to fund the transportation between the parks but this wouldn't be necessary for Dreamworld as the two parks are adjacent. Ridiculous price.

I think WWW should have lower prices than 44 dollars. I mean come on. You have the choice of going to 1 of 2 parks, both ranging from about the same quality. If WWW has lower prices, it means that you may aswell go there because you are getting the same quality day for a lower price. Say 10 people go to WWW at a price of 35 dollars = 350 But only 7 people go to WNW because they are more expensive at 40 = 280 dollars. So overall the park would make more money by having lower prices.. If you can make sense of that.

But don't forget guys www have slides that have never been here so the majority of people who will visit wnw might choose www just to ride these Australian/World firsts. I know if it opens while I am up there in 6 weeks I'll def choose www over wnw even though wnw would be cheaper. Would rather pay an extra $10 or whatever and go on slides I haven't been on before than save $10 and go to a park that I've been to heaps of times. If it's not open than the only reason why I'll be going to wnw is to ride the tornado..considering www have one of those as well it wouldn't be a hard choice to make. I do think they would have to advertise that they have all these cool australian first slides to make it known to people that simply don't know.

Edited by lisalila

Thanks, seems like a logical thought though. You would think though that they would want to compete with the Summer Pass from wvtp which is $99 and gives you access to two parks (which would be the same as dw/www) over 3 days. But maybe they might come out with some more passes if it's successful in the first month or two? (or even not so successful as that would probably make better sense) but for the average person it's just a matter of value; on one hand you've got a well known, well established water park for $40 or a brand new, unknown waterpark which has 2 Australian firsts and even a world first for $4 more. (providing the prices are correct and everything). I hope it does open early, though. Oh, does anyone know what they plan to do for the pathing? I hope they put something softer than what wnw have.

Edited by lisalila