Whitewater World pricing discussion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah and something that doesn't burn your feet. The pathing is reddish colour.. Like the same thats in the claw area.
I went to Wnw a few weeks ago and wore aqua shoes. They were bloody awesome. I didn't burn my feet however the inner sole did become loose so i'll have to get the sole glued. But apart from that aqua shoes is the go. They cost me $9 from Big W @ Highpoint in Maribyrnong.

WhiteWater World Get ready for the ultimate rush at WhiteWater World opening right next door to Dreamworld this December. From family friendly attractions to the most extreme waterslides in the world, the $60 million development will boast the latest cutting edge technology and all four of the hottest waterslides on the planet. Splash and play at Wiggle Bay, get your fix of Nick at Nickelodeon's Pipeline Plunge and experience Australia's first water based rollercoaster ride. WhiteWater World mixes adrenaline pumping thrills with family fun in the ultimate Aussie beach paradise. Opens 26 December 2006. Tickets on sale 1 November 2006. Tickets Adult: $42.00 Child (4-13 years): $28.00 Source: http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Int...d+-+1+day+entry Enjoy a day at both Dreamworld and WhiteWater World. Second day entry must be used within 14 days of first entry. The 2 Day World Pass does not allow free movement between both parks from 26 December 2006 until 31 January 2007. Free movement between both parks will commence from 1 February 2007. Tickets on sale 1 November 2006. Adult: $106.00 Child (4-13 years): $70.00 Family: $317.00 Source: http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Int...+day+world+pass Single day entry is the same price as Wet'n'Wild. Very very interesting.

Edited by myk

Ok so there's THREE Australian firsts? of course the watercoaster would have had to be a kiddie ride lol. I dont see how they can just let it sit there for two and a bit months unless they do the landscaping veeeeery slow...or like with Tornado, the media day is the 26th and they'll just open early.

There is a lot of work that still has to be done aside from slides. Filling everything and stabilising the huge amounts of water will take several weeks. The shops and other facilities need to be fitted. The electricals all need to be connected. The gardens and landscaping need to be completed. The staff need to be trained on-site. This list goes on... Aside from some of the slides the site is still very much under construction and is very rough. It's going to take every bit of the next month or so to get the park ready for operations and then it's going to take a while to get everything perfect for opening. I know with all those slides there looking pretty complete it seems crazy to think it'll be another two months, but there is a lot to do yet.

There is a lot of work that still has to be done aside from slides. Filling everything and stabilising the huge amounts of water will take several weeks. The shops and other facilities need to be fitted. The electricals all need to be connected. The gardens and landscaping need to be completed. The staff need to be trained on-site. This list goes on... Aside from some of the slides the site is still very much under construction and is very rough. It's going to take every bit of the next month or so to get the park ready for operations and then it's going to take a while to get everything perfect for opening. I know with all those slides there looking pretty complete it seems crazy to think it'll be another two months, but there is a lot to do yet.
Yeah you're right, guess most of us are just anxious to ride our first rocket. Suppose it's better that they take thier time than rush it.

heaps WVTP OWNS 3 parks. Maquarie OWNS DW. 3 parks v's 1 park = More money = More guests = Less entry fee.
Well for starters, WVTP owns 3 parks, MLT owns 2 parks, so get the facts straight for starters. In a competitive market you cant just price based around your size, without thinking about what people will pay. Think about it this way, In my town there are 2 McDonalds (same owner for both) and one Hungry Jacks. Similarly there are two Safeways, but only one Coles. Does this mean that Coles and Hungry Jacks can charge more for equivalent products just because they dont have the same market penetration and have not spent the extra money on opening stores? Of course not, they are basically neck. I think its odd that you seem to think that because a park is smaller it has a right to charge more because it wouldnt get the same numbers of visitors. Why should a park who has spent less on new rides and efforts to get more customers be "rewarded" by simply charging more. If you are not spending enough on capital then you cannot expect the same profits as someone who has. Going by your logic i could buy one of those little clam shaped pools and a slide from a toy store, paint a sign and call it "Gavs Splash Land", but i can charge $2000 admission because im not going to get the same visitors and I dont have the same number of rides as other waterparks. Edited by Gazza

I think one thing to remember is that the quality of WhiteWater World far exceeds Wet 'n' Wild in many respects. As they say, they really do have the latest cutting edge attractions all with lots of theming and landscaping. I'd personally happily pay more to visit WWW which as far as I'm concerned is already the better park. The prices certainly don't worry me I just hope they don't get too many people off side who don't see it as good value

I agree with you GoGoBoy, the price dosen't really worry me. It's the reputation for this cutting-edge, million dollar waterpark that's worring me! Anyway, I'm sure heaps of people will still give WWW a visit. And the map and videos look promosing!! So WWW should do well. Only time will tell, I guess. CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on value. At this stage I wouldn't want to predict which park of the two is better value for what you pay. Until WhiteWater World proves it can provide a genuine full day's entertainment then really the attractions it has in relation to Wet'n'Wild are pretty irrelevant. One thing I am a bit worried about at this stage is this precedent that a park can charge the same and deliver only a fraction of the results. Again, until I've been to the park and spent a day there it's impossible to know, but I'd hate to walk out the gate at 2pm because I ran out of things to do, and know that they're charging the same as a park like Wet'n'Wild, where I know that my money will result in a reasonably full day. The annual pass situation seems just plain bizarre. I'd completely understand if they offered a more expensive option that has no blackout dates, but to have a single option that seemingly restricts the holder from much of the summer period seems pretty unusual. It's obviously in relation to the park's small capacity but there are better ways of doing things. It seems like it'd be a bit more responsible if maybe they had a condition that an annual pass holder can't enter the park until say midday during holidays and only if the park isn't near capacity. They could even wow us with an automated passholder hotline and webpage so that a passholder can know before they turn up. For the record, $125 is great value (perhaps even undervalued - there's a reason that WnW's annual pass is dollar-for-dollar the most expensive annual pass on the Gold Coast), and it's interesting that they've actually undercut Wet'n'Wild after every other price at DW/WWW being higher than down the road. I just wouldn't mind seeing a $150 (or thereabouts) pass that means the holder can visit whenever they wish. Blatantly putting "12 Months of Fun" on the pass logo seems a bit much too considering that there will most likely be three or more of those months where the holder can't visit. I'd also love to see a $200 or so combined pass. If they're not going to try and beat WVTP's splendid annual pass deals, then why not give an option WVTP will never be able to match, the ability to easily hop parks on a single annual pass.

Well for starters, WVTP owns 3 parks, MLT owns 2 parks, so get the facts straight for starters. In a competitive market you cant just price based around your size, without thinking about what people will pay. Think about it this way, In my town there are 2 McDonalds (same owner for both) and one Hungry Jacks. Similarly there are two Safeways, but only one Coles. Does this mean that Coles and Hungry Jacks can charge more for equivalent products just because they dont have the same market penetration and have not spent the extra money on opening stores? Of course not, they are basically neck. I think its odd that you seem to think that because a park is smaller it has a right to charge more because it wouldnt get the same numbers of visitors. Why should a park who has spent less on new rides and efforts to get more customers be "rewarded" by simply charging more. If you are not spending enough on capital then you cannot expect the same profits as someone who has. Going by your logic i could buy one of those little clam shaped pools and a slide from a toy store, paint a sign and call it "Gavs Splash Land", but i can charge $2000 admission because im not going to get the same visitors and I dont have the same number of rides as other waterparks.
For Gods sake get some glasses Did you NOT read my post? I said....See below...
heaps WVTP OWNS 3 parks. Maquarie owns DW. 3 parks v's 1 park = More money = More guests = Less entry fee.
Edited by dreamworld_rulz

Does anyone know how much WNW charged when they first opened? have thier prices really changed over time?? You should remember, WWW is brand new; they are going to try and get as much money from the public as they can and personally I dont think the prices are THAT bad and if you dont like it simply dont visit www!

Hmm.. I'm a bit stuck here. Okay, the park is excellent. No doubt that it does deliver on cutting edge technology, landscaping and themeing which WnW aptly rejected in their latest expansion. The park is great, it seems like a great day out and definatelty worth a visit with the new slides that have never been seen before in Australia and that awesome wave pool. That doesn't worry me. It's the annual pass. I can now get a WnW annual pass for $99. This entitles me to 364 days unlimited entry to Wet'n'Wild AND a 10% discount on Sea World and Movie World. Or, I can get a WWW annual pass for $125 which entitles me to a bit less that 280 days unlimited entry to WhiteWater World. Which is the better deal? If you are looking for a day out, I'd say to pick WWW. It is a lot smoother and new. Things are better when they are new. There are things there that haven't been seen before. Everything is different. If you are looking to visit a park annual, Pick WnW. It IS better value. No doubt about that. The annual pass policy is a joke. There is no way I would buy one. I agree with Richard's suggestion. I attend school and I do enjoy my holidays. Even though I do get 2 weeks extra than Public schools I should still be entitled to visit WWW 12 months round as advertised.

Hmm.. I'm a bit stuck here. Okay, the park is excellent. No doubt that it does deliver on cutting edge technology, landscaping and themeing which WnW aptly rejected in their latest expansion. The park is great, it seems like a great day out and definatelty worth a visit with the new slides that have never been seen before in Australia and that awesome wave pool. That doesn't worry me. It's the annual pass. I can now get a WnW annual pass for $99. This entitles me to 364 days unlimited entry to Wet'n'Wild AND a 10% discount on Sea World and Movie World. Or, I can get a WWW annual pass for $125 which entitles me to a bit less that 280 days unlimited entry to WhiteWater World. Which is the better deal? If you are looking for a day out, I'd say to pick WWW. It is a lot smoother and new. Things are better when they are new. There are things there that haven't been seen before. Everything is different. If you are looking to visit a park annual, Pick WnW. It IS better value. No doubt about that. The annual pass policy is a joke. There is no way I would buy one. I agree with Richard's suggestion. I attend school and I do enjoy my holidays. Even though I do get 2 weeks extra than Public schools I should still be entitled to visit WWW 12 months round as advertised.
As a Victorian the annual pass would suit me coz i don't travel during the peak season. But for people who live in Brisbane/Gold Coast it proberley wouldn't be worth it. However it also depends on if you visit during the peak season. My friend who lives in Brisbane doesn't visit the parks during the peak season so it's upto the individual. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

You know I tried getting into wnw with my MW pass and they told me "you can only come in with a wnw pass" so has anyone gone to any of the other parks using that discount?? The school thing is a bloody joke but the pricing doesn't worry me because I'll just put money away each week for it and have enough in time and I know alot of people who save up for thing's like that. IT makes perfect sense.

dreamworld_rulz, I believe Gazza was pointing out the mistake you made in saying that MLT only owns one park (there's no need for you to reply and acknowledge this :)). GoGoBoy is spot on. I also think they have deliberately set the prices high because they are capped in terms of how many tickets they can sell. They don't want all of Wet 'n' Wild's customers turning up, they simply couldn't handle it. I can't see any reason why people with a hopper pass couldn't leave the parks and then return later. I doubt there will be a direct park-to-park passageway.