Whitewater World pricing discussion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dreamworld_rulz, I believe Gazza was pointing out the mistake you made in saying that MLT only owns one park (there's no need for you to reply and acknowledge this :)). GoGoBoy is spot on. I also think they have deliberately set the prices high because they are capped in terms of how many tickets they can sell. They don't want all of Wet 'n' Wild's customers turning up, they simply couldn't handle it. I can't see any reason why people with a hopper pass couldn't leave the parks and then return later. I doubt there will be a direct park-to-park passageway.
adam, dreamworld will have a direct path into www via a entry point around cyclone/flowrider.

As a once every couple of years traveller, I have to say what I am dissapointed in is they don't have a 14 day pass like WVTP. It's good to go out in the morning sight seeing etc and if you have a couple of hours spare in the afternoon to duck into a park for some fun and not be restricted to a whole day. When I took my kids a couple of years ago it was great to be able to stop off at WNW for a few hours in the afternoon for a swim or some rides at MW but you are definitely alot more limited in what you can do with the ticketing system for DW compared to WVTP.

I think Dream had the problem that Gazza said WVTP only has 3 parks, even though Dreamworld_rulz already said that..
I dont know why DW rulz had a problem with that. I was just saying the information in context. In his earlier comment he said
3 parks v's 1 park
I was merley juxtaposing the actual numbers together to prove that it wasnt such an unfair match up (2 against 3). Still, i think its funny how you forgot about an entire theme park, and then went off when I pointed it out in a way i felt expressed my self in the clearest manner. (Or should i say "most clearest") Anyway, enough with the arguing... There is no doubt WWW is a great park and $42 isnt too bad, its just the annual pass situation is silly. But Adam makes a good point, if the prices are too low then demand will be too high and they will have persistent "sell outs", if they put the put the price up a bit at least demand will be regulated a bit. Edited by Gazza

My understanding from a business point of view is that while getting large numbers (in this case visitors) is a positive thing, it quickly becomes a major negative for the company if the numbers are too large to handle. This won't be such an issue for the park once it starts to expand, hopefully over the next couple of years. I think it's also really important to point out that price wars are NOT good for the theme park industry which means it's not good for any of you theme park fans either. While you may see short term benefits in getting a cheap ticket or pass, the park is going to suffer in the longer term ultimately leading to less new attractions etc. If WhiteWater World and Dreamworld had joined in with Wet 'n' Wild's (& Village parks in general) recent desperate and quite pathetic price slashing, we may begin to see some serious financial hurt at all of the parks. Thankfully they haven't. So overall I think the pricing is fair. They just need to look at tweaking some of their options such as the no visiting in the peak season for pass holders. They will hopefully also look at providing a bit more flexibility in the near future

It's standard practice for major destination parks in America to have a cheap pass with blackout dates at peak periods. There are two distinctions however between that and what WhiteWater World are offering:

1. They offer more expensive passes that give you less blackout dates or none depending on how much you're willing to spend.
  2. The best time to visit a water park is during the summer. This would also be the most likely time anyone would buy an annual pass. At a theme park like Disneyland it really doesn't make a difference when you visit because it's not less appealing in winter.
If I were a local resident, I'd only ever buy an annual pass to visit in the summer. You've really only got from about mid-October to March to make full use of it and through December to February is when you're going to most want to use it. Half of the main window of opportunity is gone with blackout dates. I know I'd be thinking twice about getting one.

Does anyone know why they have no school/pub hols rule? Personally the holiday thing won't effect me but why are they advertising it as a "12 month pass" if it's not? can't they get in trouble for mis-advertising or whatever?
Lisa WWW is small park that's why they are capping it. I can fully understand the blackout dates. You only have to visit the other parks (during peak season) to see how awful it is. Even though SW, DW, MW & WnW are bigger. I also found this on the ticketek web site. Pre Purchase your Whitewater World Tickets

Well it seems like it's going to be the 26th of December. My bet is off. I don't think there is any financial loss from selling annual passes at a discounted price. The real value with passholders is in-park spending and the referrals they bring into the park. Most local residents are only going to visit a park like Movie World once a year anyway (when paying full admission). One day only

• $62 on admission
  • $15 on food purchases
Total: $75 Cheap annual pass deal
  • $79 on annual pass
  • $60 on food over 4 visits

Total: $139 The evidence is clear.

dreamworld: I know why it's capped; that's not what I asked ;) My friend visits MW alot and she lives in brisbane and has a unit on the coast. I think you'll find that residents visit the parks more than once a year. I'm getting a www pass..12 months or not I don't like wnw much and it's quite cheap for the www pass. Overall value shall be seen when it opens but I know I'll save more money on food/merch with the www pass since I dont have a wnw pass.

This is just something I came across when reading the RACV booklet for attraction ticketing (The prices are very up-to-date, some only sarting from dec 1st). Anyway, the World Pass is basically the same as WVTP's Summer Pass, right?(They both include entry to two parks). In the RACV booklet it says, for a family (2 adults, 2 children), the Sunmmer Pass is $330 for entry to two Warner Village Theme Parks (has to be used in 3 days). However for a World Pass, for 2 adults & 2 children, it costs $317. This includes entry to a dry & water park plus you can use it until 14 days after going to one of the parks. So for families who are only staying for a little while or just want to do two themeparks, the World Pass is the way to go. It's cheaper, it's more flexible (from jan 1st you can go park hopping) and you can get both experiences, Waterpark and Themepark. So, in one circumstance WWW is the better option then going for WVTP(Money wise). What do you guys think about this? CoasterBoy6 (NOTE: The prices I have posted up are not the discounted ones.)

Hmm, but you would get 2 experiences if for example you used your pass at WnW and MW (wet and dry park). Also, a world pass only gives you 2 days of entry, but a Summer pass gives you three 3 (with more total park hours if you visit WnW at night). so it is worth the extra $13 (An extra $13 works out to paying only $3.25 p/p for a whole extra day) Plus i feel the Summer pass is better value because WnW is a bigger park than WWW (though WWW has the new rides) and MW is a higher quality park than DW. And as for the flexiblity aspect, you dont have to wait till Jan 1st to park hop... you can already do it with the summer pass. And of course, there is that added bit of flexiblity of going to SW as a 3rd option in your combination. Personally i think the Fun Pass is the best value of all though.

Edited by Gazza

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if I am missing something here... what on earth is the point of purchasing a World Pass priced at $106 when adult entry to DW costs $62 and adult entry to WWW costs $42? Where is the saving? Isn't the whole point of these combined passes to give you a bit of a discount as you are essentially 'bulk buying'? Infact not only do you not save money, you have to pay an extra $2 if buying the World Pass. It seems crazy to me and I don't see any reason not to just buy the individual park passes. What benefit have I overlooked?

Hey go go boy, yeah its a very small saving but its what they all do. All the tour stores in Surfers and Kiosk's do the same price, some even do Adults at $59, WOW a $1 saving. Most places you save that small $2. Which is nothing. I do see what you mean... Anyone wanting Dreamworld Cheaper Tickets go to Mc Donalds and buy a Large drink you get in for $31.00. Only for a limited time.

Hey go go boy, yeah its a very small saving but its what they all do. All the tour stores in Surfers and Kiosk's do the same price, some even do Adults at $59, WOW a $1 saving. Most places you save that small $2. Which is nothing. I do see what you mean... Anyone wanting Dreamworld Cheaper Tickets go to Mc Donalds and buy a Large drink you get in for $31.00. Only for a limited time.
That's only if you live in Brisbane. What are you suppose to do if you live else where? Yeah i know pay full price. :)

But from what I worked out you don't actually save ANYTHING. You have to pay $2 extra for the World Pass. If you did save $2 buying the World Pass at least I would be able to see some tiny benefit but you don't even get that
The price for the General admission to Dreamworld increases December 1st so the world pass will probably be a little cheaper than purchasing the 2 seperate tickets after the price rise as the General admission tickets only last until end of November, World Pass tickets and gift certificates are valid for use from 08 December 2006. Prices for Dreamworld valid until 30 November 2006. Prices for World Pass valid until 30 November 2007. Edited by cheesy