New ride for Wiggles World

GoGoBoy

I was reading the forums over at www.australianamusmentfanatics.com and it appears they are the first to announce a new ride at Dreamworld in September. This information now appears on the Dreamworld website under the 1st birthday celebrations for Wiggles World but I don't think any of us noticed it. The new ride will be called Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cup Ride. I think this is a very sensible addition as Wiggles World in its current state is somewhat lacking in my opinion. I think this will certainly help the area as long as it is themed and positioned well. I'm also glad to see Dreamworld occasionally remembering that it IS a theme park. Now that they're finally adding a new ride for kids lets hope they add a new ride or 2 for the big kids soon after

Edited by GoGoBoy

This is a very good move for Dreamworld. I went to Wiggles world last year and thought the area looked really bland with only one proper ride and a random pirate ship that dosen't move. But the new ride will spice up the area a little bit. That's if they place it in an appropriate area - somewhere around the left side of the Big Red Car Ride i think. One Question though, is the tea cups going to be Disneyland size :D , or something really small like the ones at Australian Zoo? :( CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

One Question though, is the tea cups going to be Disneyland size , or something really small like the ones at Australian Zoo?
I went to Australia Zoo a few years ago and I never saw any tea-cups. You'd assume they'd be decent sized knowing Dreamworld but I can only guess.

WnW Rocks, if think it is a recent addition to Australia Zoo. The first time i went there they had this little ride section. It consisted of a small tea cup ride where the ride op had to spin the tea cups himself, a jumping castle and a funny looking trampoline. Other people have gone to Australia Zoo in my family, and have said there was nothing there. (the didn't tell me when they exactly went) But, i'm guessing it was put in recently. CoasterBoy6

I can't say I fully 'get' this ride. I can't see it driving attendance at all, and there are already heaps of kids rides at DW, and I can't recall seeing a queue for any of them. The only benifit is adding something to Wiggles World which (as has been pointed out) is a bit lacking in the rides/anything to do at all department. Beyond that its pretty much a "Why bother?" sorta ride. It makes me wonder if there has been any guest feedback indicating that WW was to small.

It sounds to me like a response to comments from guests that there isn't enough to do within Wiggles World. It certainly won't be costing the park much, nor will we see any kind of significant advertising for it. It certainly won't be of the size of Disneyland's, nor will it have the interactive element (user-controlled spin of the teacups). Don't forget it's an attraction aimed at toddlers, and being built in a fairly tight area of the park (the Mad Tea Party would fill the entire area with ease).

• 2 weeks later...

Don't panic it is meant to be for little, little kids so ofcourse it's going to be small. I wouldn't expect anything else. However at least it is going to be a proper permanent ride probably with good theming and presentation. It'll be a much better effort than the sort of little kids rides you find at Luna Park which aren't even built into the concrete and have no presentation whatsoever

And let's face it, anything for Wiggles World will only flesh it out more and hopefully get some more kids there. When IS the area actually full of kids? Whenever I pass through, sure you might get a few parents lining up with their children for the Big Red Car ride or a few in the Fun Spot but I *never* see anyone on the ship, door or hanging around the central area...

Oh yeah I've heard about this. Exciting yet not so exciting. I'm just curious as to where they are going to put it. There doesn't seem to me a decent spot to put it in IMO as Wiggles World isn't that big. I am also more concerned about this new ride they're building to replace Blue Lagoon. It's a real shame that Blue Lagoon is going, it had some of the best slides, but then what's the point of having two water parks?

Oh yeah I've heard about this. Exciting yet not so exciting. I'm just curious as to where they are going to put it. There doesn't seem to me a decent spot to put it in IMO as Wiggles World isn't that big. I am also more concerned about this new ride they're building to replace Blue Lagoon. It's a real shame that Blue Lagoon is going, it had some of the best slides, but then what's the point of having two water parks?
It's right by the railing overlooking the river. Not a HUGE footprint but then it's not trying to be the Disney tea cup ride nor does it have to be. Will have some pics up in next day or two. Edited by Tony Teulan

• 4 weeks later...