4 Hours @ DW. Worth It?

Dylaan

Hey, I'm finally getting a chance to go to DW on the weekend. The only problems, Flowrider is closed for maintenence and I have to leave by 3pm. I probably won't get there 'til 10:30/11:00am. Should I bother going even though I won't get a full day there or is it better to wait until circumstances change. It takes just over an hour to drive there and I'll be coming back in the dark if I stay 'til closing time. Comments & Oppinions?

Theres nothing wrong with coming home in the dark... Unless you specifically wanted to go on flowrider you might as well go. Is there any chance of arriving earlier though, if you turn up before open you can get on all the major rides early while the park is empty. But yeah, might as well do it. Arrive at 11, leave at 5, thats a solid 6 hrs...

:rolleyes:, lets not highjack this into a flowrider debate, the fact is some people dont really care wether its at DW, WWW or on top of the Sydney opera house and just want to ride it. But to just re-iterate what i said, just leave home as early as commitments permit (in other words, if there is nothing you have to do that morning, leave at 9:00), similarly, leave as late as commitments permit (anyway, the park closes at 5:00, if it takes 10 minutes to get out and an hour to drive home your still getting home at 6:10, the days are getting longer so you wouldnt be driving for very long in the dark, if at all. The main thing you should focus on is your day out, not the minor things either side.

I'd like to stay for as long as possible but those are my time restraints. Arriving early, maybe about 10:30, I doubt 10:00 though. I could try to stretch my time to 4:00 but I can't see that happening either, 3:30 maybe. I'm not terribly worried about the FlowRider not being open, I doubt I would go on it more than once anyway. Problem is I can't go on the Saturday, and the fact that I have other commitments means I can only go when I get the chance. Anyway, I'll probably go, not confirmed but probably.

I say go for it, and stretch it as far as you can. Its the closest to experiencing DW "Pre-flowrider" as your going to get, and Flowrider has already been prophisized as the first sign of the Apocalypse, so its better to pretend its not there anyway :P (For the record I'm not a huge fan of Flowrider, but don't mind it either, just felt like stirring)

joz you're such a stirrer! By the way I love the quote in your signature. According to mattcrombie Wet 'n' Wild actually was pretty much down for maintenance last weekend with most of the major slides closed. Don't you just hate posts like this one when the person contributes nothing relevant to the topic?

I've decided not to go this weekend and wait for a while 'til everything's open. I was going to go but hopefully I can stay for longer if I go another time, oh well...
Flowrider reopens 14th, Cyclone reopens 31st though you're probably not too fussed about that one. Let me know when you want to go, it would be fun to come meet you for a day out at DW...