Superman Escape Loose Items

bern1992

I may put some people off side with this but if you are a local and own a VIP or Discovery pass then you have nearly no reason to complain about a $2 hire fee for a short term locker. You are paying less than two days entry to access to 3 parks for almost 6 months. Complaining about having to spend a whole $2 for a short term hire to experience something if you are local can be done almost every weekend then you should really question having the pass to begin with if your budget really is that tight.

They'd have to network the lockers, but the PIN and colour would identify the person. Or use WnW's barcodes.

So in other words you have to implement a whole lot more complexity, employ a staff member to issue wristbands, just so people could use up remaining minutes. If you want that sort of flexibility, then you rent an all day locker. Honestly, Pin is right, when you park in many places, its in hour blocks and you pay for each block, if you don't use it and go over...too bad. When you use public transport, you might buy a 1 zone ticket and travel one stop, or you might go from one side the zone to the other...You don't get a discount in this case for only using part of your entitlement. But I agree with Joz that lockers could be free. However, my favourite way of dealing with loose items is at Alton Towers / Thorpe Park...A cloakroom. Means you can keep your phone with you in line, which I think is important from a guest service perspective. In 2005 when Superman was built nobody was using FB on their phone or playing Angry Birds :P

punishing guests who may honestly have not known better is not acceptable.

I've had to wait at the very front entrance because the gatekeeper was assisting someone with the lockers - the chain is across the walkway and you aren't allowed to enter until the gatekeeper returns. The gatekeeper then verbally asks and visually inspects the person for loose items. The argument that someone didn't know better is not acceptable after they've been past this person. I have a novel idea, that would take a little to implement, but i think it would be worth it. I've stated several times that I always get an all day locker, regardless of what i'm riding or how long i plan to be there... but my pet peeve is that i've usually got to go to the photo centre before i leave to pick up my stuff, and if i want to purchase anything, i need to go back and run the main street gauntlet to get my wallet. I don't agree with allowing those people who use a 1 hour locker to 'carry over' their time elsewhere, but why not offer an 'all day - any locker' idea, whereby use of wristband or special pin code, a person pays one all-day fee, but is free to use any locker, anywhere in the park... this way, personal belongings are kept with you, stored in the locker at each ride while you ride and taken out when you move onto the next ride. In my view, this would actually make more money for the park, thereby offsetting whatever additional staffing costs would be required to issue wristbands or whatever (WnW and the MW drink carts can issue wristbands, so what the big deal is there i don't know), because if you aren't occupying one locker all day - but in fact utilising various lockers around the parks for minimal periods and then vacating them when you move on, means there are more lockers available for use at any one time, but you still have the guest's money for an all-day hire?!?! thoughts?

That's a pretty good idea. IMO it should be more expensive than a regular all day locker (maybe $5). I wouldn't think for an IT person that system would be that hard. Many places are using a phone number as a unique identifier now and that plus a pin would mean you wouldn't need wristbands or anything.

Just thinking about this, wristbands would be a fantastic idea for Movieworld. If I'm in the park on my own for the day, I grab an all day locker. I then have to return to the locker any time I want to buy something. If the Splash Cash system from Wet 'n' Wild could be implemented at Movieworld, that would save me a huge amount of time!

To be honest I reckon it's a false economy to use an all day locker. Even at $2 a pop, that's still 5 hours of queuing and riding you'd need to do on the one attraction to break even with an all day locker. No other rides require lockers, so an all day one seems over the top, unless you carry a lot. And even then, what's worse/ expends more time an energy? Carrying a backpack all day, or having to walk the length of the park and go back to the locker every time you want to buy something.

Edited by Gazza

It would be better if they had the all day lockers somewhere in the rollercoaster area. It is very annoying having to always have to go back and forward between the rollercoasters and middle of the park. So much time wasting.... I like the idea of all day lockers to use any locker park wide. It would also be more convenient if you were able to put notes in the machine insted of many coins...

• 2 weeks later...

why not offer an 'all day - any locker' idea, whereby use of wristband or special pin code, a person pays one all-day fee, but is free to use any locker, anywhere in the park...

SFMM just got new lockers that are networked, so you can take your stuff between rides

BASTARDS! Stole my idea!!!

• 1 month later...

Thoses lockers in the above post look good. They also take notes and credit card so no more having to have lots of small change. It would be great if Movie World and Sea World had a system like this. MW could also add some lockers near Scooby Doo if you were able to move your items between rides as having my bag between my feet always makes it hard to get out.

Thoses lockers in the above post look good. They also take notes and credit card so no more having to have lots of small change. It would be great if Movie World and Sea World had a system like this. MW could also add some lockers near Scooby Doo if you were able to move your items between rides as having my bag between my feet always makes it hard to get out.

If they made everyone put items in lockers like at superman for Scooby Doo it would increase load time and unload time amazingly. Maybe then the ride could run 18 cars on the track instead of the 14 - 16 that they use now. However if they were to implement lockers on any other rides than superman / GL they should be linked with the VIP pass barcode (and certainly free with the VIP Gold Pass... and an optional upgrade for say $15 for the life of your pass. Scan the VIP pass, opens up the locker. For guests that don't have VIP passes / don't want to opt in... make it say $5 for a wristband like Wet n Wild that is unlimited entry for all the smaller lockers (or larger if required) But keep it limited to 1 hour (or if it's busy enable the supervisor of the ride to be able to extend the time from the control room) 5 dollars for unlimited locker hire on all the rides would be a great deal, and say with Scooby Doo... it wouldn't be as strict such as with hats, wallets etc. But bags (any bigger than say a small woman's handbag / satchel bag) should ideally go in a locker to prevent them flying out of the cars (and trust me... they do fly out more often than you would think...) That's just my opinion on the lockers at Movie World. $2 for an hour is just outrageous really... $1 was tollerable. Edited by Spotty

Another idea I have with a networked locker system is that they should onyy charge you for what you use. If you were allowerd an all day locker where you can use any locker moving your items from ride to ride you won't be using a locker all day, so if the lockers timed how long you actually used it and chage you when you end hire it would be more fair. I do hate having to pay $2 for 1 hour hire and only use 20mins, it's quite unfair that they make you pay another $2 at the end of the day when the park closes in 30mins if you want to ride again. Scaning VIP pass is a good idea.

Edited by Gary86

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't they have a system like motorcoaster where you put you bags in one side of the wall and collect them on the other. At least then I might be able to shop at the Superman Escape store! I did like to locker hire system at Wet n Wild. Movieworld and Seaworld would be much better parks if they had a similar system of scanning wristbands purchased at park retail stores at the locker station to open locker and be able to use any locker in the park - all day, so you can take your items between rides.

• 5 months later...

I know I shouldn't be bringing this topic back again....but i'm going to, because I still don't understand why they charge. Don't get me wrong, I love the external locker system. It speeds up load/unload times, improves safety dramatically and is needed due to the station design. But why do I have to pay to use that service....why not make it free like Universal does!?

Superman is currently the only ride in the park that doesn't allow loose items OR doesn't provide a loose article box for free. The locker fee makes the ride an up-charge attraction (if nobody can look after your loose articles).

Is it because the lockers produce more profit than purchases from the gift shop? That way, they don't really care that your wallet is in the locker? Is the reason to simply make money?

Is it because the lockers produce more profit than purchases from the gift shop? That way, they don't really care that your wallet is in the locker? Is the reason to simply make money?

Wouldn't they make more money if you were actually able to buy things at the gift shop? I seriously don't get the fact that you can not bring any loose items into the ride yet they still try to exit you in the shop. How are you supposed to buy things if you need to exit the store and re-enter it later. Makes it hard to get ride photos since you need to remember your number. I also don't like how slow it is to hire a locker. It would be better if you scan a wristband / VIP pass to open the locker.

Superman is currently the only ride in the park that doesn't allow loose items OR doesn't provide a loose article box for free.

I havent been to movie world for over a year now so I don't know. Does that mean that when on Green Lantern they let you put your items in the small boxes in the station. Last time I went they were only used for people with description glasses.

I know I am going to upset a lot of people here, but I think if Movieworld want to charge for lockers a Superman Escape then I have no problem with that. After all, they are in business to make money and there's obviously a demand for it because they have had these lockers for many years now. Why do people want to spend the whole day walking around with their bags etc. It's so much easier to get an all day locker and then you don't have to worry that you have left something behind on a ride or at a show. Take some cash in your pocket. No one is going to see a $20 note in your pocket as you are getting on Superman Escape. I've done that many times. I don't think this topic will ever go away.