Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

I'm not sure if this is related to the Vekoma ride but this was on the Dreamworld Ride And Attraction Maintenance page. Tiger Island Due to maintenance earth works, Tigers will be out on the Island from 11.45am to 5pm Monday 16th October to Wednesday 18th October. Would the "Due to maintenance earth works" got to do with the Vekoma ride?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
A tilt coaster would be nice to see. Hey you know what would be good at MW or DW? A robocoaster...
What do you mean by a robocoaster? Are they those seats on the end of an industrial robot or are they that weird concept coaster on RCT3: Wild? If it's the later one, I didn't think there was such thing, but if it's the robot, yeh, might work!

I looked it up "The amazing Robocoaster, a unique ride that uses roller-coaster-style seats attached to robotic arms. It can move riders with remarkable fluidity through a series of programmable maneuvers." there's a video here, couldn't get it to work in firefox but works ok in IE and is very short (and I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post this) It looks good..doesn't Lego Land or somewhere have a few of these?

I'm really not a fan of the robocoaster concept. It just seems so uninteresting and not all that exciting. To me it looks like a more technologically advanced (and far more expensive) version of those Gyro rides you see at small carnivals or the markets, and about as exciting as one. It's an example of a concept being driven more by strong marketing from its creators than a natural quality.

Wow! I had forgotton how fun these looked! I think I remember more now about an episode that was on Beyond Tomorrow... That video was infact of the ones legoland! I'm pretty sure you get to create the ride-sequence from a series of motions which you pre-select on a touch-screen computer. It prints out a card with a number on it which you give to the operator. I recon they'd be fun, definately if it was set up in the same sort of room as SDSC with lasers etc!

It looks fun but so did LW when I first rode it and all I got was a headache lol. Oh was that Lego Land? cool that was quite easy. It's a bit like those virtual rollercoasters (use to be one at galatic circus at crown), you'd pick the track or create your own, it'll come up on your card, you put the card in the machine and than the ride op does the rest. I remember that episode of Beyond Tomorrow...it was at Lego Land.

Edited by lisalila

Its all really a preference when it comes to whether you like Woodies or Steel better. They both give completely different ride experiences. Woodies tend to give a more 'out of countrol' ride experience. Alot of us would only remeber woodies being like The Beastie and The Bush Beast from Wonderland, but these days, they can build woodie coasters just as high, fast or steep as many steel coasters. Sometimes, they are cheaper to build and they aren't anymore expensive to run (As far as I am aware. They still use the same breaking/chain lift system as many conventional Steel coasters). Maybe maintenance costs may be higher...*Shrug*. I dont know the full scope of it all. So it pretty much all comes down to a preference in ride experience.

Edited by tom

Yeah I rode one of the robocoasters last year. A new concept that has been bought out is that they now travel on a track, the track is only like 10 meters long and is like a banked curve. Apparently Vekoma is thinking about making some of their own (oh my help us!). But hey, they may look boring... but trust me there not, every ride is unique and very random, so know matter how much you study and look at the ride, no cycle is the same, leaving the riders in surprise(depending who the manufactuar is, what model it is or where it is). Its very fun!

Edited by mickey_079

...When I ride a Roller Coaster, I like to see the track ahead of me.
Well IMO suprise is one of the contributing factors to how much you enjoy a ride! If it's too predictable, it mightn't be as good as it a ride that isn't. (Of course you can argue that, but my point its that not knowing what's about to happen is one of the best things about dark-rides etc). Anyway, I guess I can't really judge it until I've ridden it! EDIT: Here's the link to the Beyond Tomorrow article. Click Here! Edited by WnW_Rocks

I see this topic is going off the subject. I will try and put it back on back on topic. As someone mentioned before, a woodie would be alright to see... but would it suit the park? I honestly don't think it would. The park seems to have a high-tech feeling to the rides, does anyone know what I mean?

Vekoma's version of the Robocoaster, Pandora's Box, is much more exciting. It's pretty much a free fall tower on a track with the added ability of being able to rotate. The themeing possibilities are endless.

Imagine that: You are looking into a gold mine and suddenly an enormous explosion blasts you on your back and with 2g up into the air - a 15 meters blast into nowhere. The thrill experience offers solutions for every target group: High thrill rides for the young and adventurous, can be varied by more moderate family rides: While viewing an aquatic scene, the passenger carriage rocks gently to and fro, as if the passengers were part of the scenery.