Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it would work. Mega coaster trains are quite long, the volcano is fairly small and once you get the transfer table and maintanance area in there the volcano, as well as all the other stuff that goes with a coaster such as individual lines for each car would have to undergo some heavy renovations. To be honest to actually do anything I think you would be cutting open/remodeling more of the mountain then what was there and able to be used so you wouldn't really save anything.. Im guessing people are getting this idea from that Volcano coaster at one of the Paramount parks, and while this did use an existing mountain, that mountain is much larger and really only contains a slope up to vertical.

Maybe Dream World could go for an Australian First (Intamin Hyper/Mega Coaster) and a World Record (Word's longest & fastest)?
But to do that the coaster would need to be taller than Kingda Ka to get that sort of speed off gravity alone, and as for length you are looking at 2480m long to get the world record. Somehow i dont think DW has $30,000,000+ to spend :rolleyes:

I dont think it would work. Mega coaster trains are quite long, the volcano is fairly small and once you get the transfer table and maintanance area in there the volcano, as well as all the other stuff that goes with a coaster such as individual lines for each car would have to undergo some heavy renovations. To be honest to actually do anything I think you would be cutting open/remodeling more of the mountain then what was there and able to be used so you wouldn't really save anything.. Im guessing people are getting this idea from that Volcano coaster at one of the Paramount parks, and while this did use an existing mountain, that mountain is much larger and really only contains a slope up to vertical.
Maybe they could bulldoze the volcano, and then re-build it? I'd just really like to see them do another style entry like they did with Cyclone and Tower Of Terror (station inside building etc).
But to do that the coaster would need to be taller than Kingda Ka to get that sort of speed off gravity alone, and as for length you are looking at 2480m long to get the world record.
Ok, well that's out of the question. Maybe they could stick with the Australian First? Do you think they'd be able to make the coaster head down past Rocky Hollow Log Ride, then circle around the Big Brother area?
Somehow i dont think DW has $30,000,000+ to spend rolleyes.gif
More to the point, don't want to spend that much to make a brillant ride! <_<

I think they should get a vekoma lsm coaster like the xpress at walibi world :) Because Dreamworld needs, from a marketing point of view a high accellaration coaster like the SE, because the tower of terror is just too short people need something to savor, plus Australia would have another corkscrew coaster :mellow:

Edited by sonic123488

Maybe they could theme a ride around BB... Absolutely no idea how they could do it, but if anyone can be bothered doing it for me, thanks! :P Yeah, someone mentioned a pandora's box. I've got a feeling it was Adam in the topic 'Wipeout is Aging' or something like that. I'd love to see one, but what could they theme it to?

Pretty sure the Big Brother house is a bit out of the way. And whats the point? You couldn't run it when the house is filming, and theres nothing to see besides a giant shed and wire mesh fence.
The point of having the coaster go out there is.. no point. Other than having it racing through the bush and a nice long coaster. It's really what Australia needs. We need something with massive drops, amazing helix's and a nice long ride that is worth the line out. Even though TOT is an okay ride, it is not worth the 1hr + long line up.
Maybe they could theme a ride around BB... Absolutely no idea how they could do it, but if anyone can be bothered doing it for me, thanks! :P
Maybe they could theme in around one of Big Brothers tasks? That some how you've been elected into the Big Brother house. And then, he gives a group of people a task, to ride then ____ (name goes here) coaster. Just an idea? B)

The point of having the coaster go out there is.. no point. Other than having it racing through the bush and a nice long coaster. It's really what Australia needs. We need something with massive drops, amazing helix's and a nice long ride that is worth the line out. Even though TOT is an okay ride, it is not worth the 1hr + long line up. Maybe they could theme in around one of Big Brothers tasks? That some how you've been elected into the Big Brother house. And then, he gives a group of people a task, to ride then ____ (name goes here) coaster. Just an idea? B)
Big Bro and thrill rides don't go together cos' they have to come out of the house :mellow:

i'll say it again hehe, B & M custom diving machine. barely any exist. doesn't need a huge a huge footprint. first B&M in australia and first diving machine. they can hold pretty large capacities. They look very cool, they are smooth and reliable and i am sure people will want to ride it. and will come to the park to ride it. Also would be cool with a launch mechanism for extra rush

i'll say it again hehe, B & M custom diving machine. barely any exist. doesn't need a huge a huge footprint. first B&M in australia and first diving machine. they can hold pretty large capacities. They look very cool, they are smooth and reliable and i am sure people will want to ride it. and will come to the park to ride it. Also would be cool with a launch mechanism for extra rush
It's going to be a vekoma, but a B&M diving machine does sound good. But personally I like the idea of a B&M inverted. If it's vekoma, and factoring in the footprint it could very well be a Boomerang :o

I still don´t get why everybody here is all over B&M!? There isn't one in Australia, so I guess mabye the half of the people here haven't rode one... :blink: Ok, one thing they do very well: inverteds! But the rest?! Sit down... Mwoa, Dragon Khan sucks and hurts! Kumba isn't any special... Only the Hulk is good! Floorless: Superman (Madrid) is good, Kraken is ok, but not very special. The whole floorless idea is only good for the first row... The biggest disapointment for me ever was Sheikra!! Silverstar was ok, but could be better! The real good coasters are all build by Vekoma or Intamin! Stuntfall (DeJa Vu) is fast, smooth, scary and gives you a great feeling! What do you want more!? Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Exp. Everst, Space Mountain (Europe) all Vekoma! Kingda Kapot (like we call it in holland... Kapot is Dutch for broken), Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Goliath, Exp. GeForce all Intamin! Then the ideas... B&M didn't invent anything by thereself! First coaster they made was a stand-up. They were build by Togo before. Then sit-down, well, nothing special... Inverted, Vekoma was way before them working on this project! Only B&M was the first who opend one. Hyper, nope... Morgan was first. Floorless idea is bought from Giovanola and the flying concept from Vekoma. Then there is only the Diving Machine left... The vertical drop coaster. Well, Oblivion isn't even 90 degrees. Only Sheikra is and Griffon will be. At least Vekoma had the balls to go 90 degrees straigt down with their GIBs. Even as Intamin with their Twisted Impuls Coasters B&M doesn't dare anything... Don't design new ideas or build anything challeging. One launch coaster, were even the launch wasn't build by them. Lay-outs that looks all the same (Loop, diveloop, zero-G, cobra roll, mid brake, interlook corc) but the parks pay the 'costum' price! At least Vekoma gives a discount when you buy a standard coaster like and SLC or Boomerang! No, just give me nice Vekoma. Homemade by theirself and invented on there own! Of course they got some exceptions, but they have at least the balls to try something new time to time... So, be glad it's going to be a Vekoma! :lol: *Dutch proud! :P *

I agree with most of your points there. The main reason I think Australia needs a B&M is simply the capacity! 4 seats across! Who needs two trains when you've got the same amount of seats in one. :P (Okay, so there's other reasons why 2 trains are better but still). To me, Vekoma have always come up with the new and interesting concepts. Tilt Coaster, Thrill Lift, GIB & the Roller Soaker. Sure, most of their older models are rough, but I don't see that as a real problem. (Well maybe if my ears are bleeding after only one ride). Don't get me wrong, Intamin have some great ones too. I'd love to see either of them get put it. But as far as I'm really concerned, as long as we get a custom coaster and not just a clone, I'll be happy. :)

Edited by WnW_Rocks

The main reason I think Australia needs a B&M is simply the capacity! 4 seats across! Who needs two trains when you've got the same amount of seats in one.
All 4 across seating does is makes the train shorter. Corkscrew at SW for example has 4 passengers per car, while a B&M has 4 passengers per car. Whats the difference? Its the number of cars in each train that matter, B&M generally has 8 so thats 32 people. An example of a ride that doesnt use 4 across is Colossus at Thorpe Park. 7 cars of 4 people makes 28 people per train. 2 trains = 56 people in total. How is 32 seats in one train the same amount as 56 in two :blink:
Maybe a B&M Floorless Giant Boomerang biggrin.gif
Like I have said before, we wont see one because B&M dont make one. And peter.. I guess people like B&M because they have consistent quality and just plain good rides. Im surprised about you being dissapointed in many of B&Ms major rides though, and I think the reason for this is because B&Ms are common in the US and those who have ridden them have probably ridden others too, so they have sort of become sick of them. You say that Kumba is nothing special, but if a ride like that, with enormous loops and 7 inversions were to open here would the general public see it as "nothing special" too? I doubt it. To be honest I think all of their rides are impressive even if others have grown tired of them. It seems you have been a bit selective though, you are comparing these supposedly "bad" B&Ms with Vekomas designed by Disney and Intamins that were record holders. I can see what you are saying about B&M being conservative, but i think that comes back to their aim of building reliable rides. On the other hand one of Intamins selling points is building rides that push the boundaries, and Vekoma pushes its lower cost and experience over the many installations they have done. Theres nothing wrong with setting yourself apart IMO.

I still don´t get why everybody here is all over B&M!? There isn't one in Australia, so I guess mabye the half of the people here haven't rode one... :blink: Ok, one thing they do very well: inverteds! But the rest?! Sit down... Mwoa, Dragon Khan sucks and hurts! Kumba isn't any special... Only the Hulk is good! Floorless: Superman (Madrid) is good, Kraken is ok, but not very special. The whole floorless idea is only good for the first row... The biggest disapointment for me ever was Sheikra!! Silverstar was ok, but could be better!
I actually thought Sheikra was a great coaster. Possibly a bit of a one-trick pony, but the first drop was worth the wait. The main reason I believe a B&M would be perfect for Dreamworld would be because they have great capacity, are a hell of a lot more reliable than some other coaster companies, and age well. Given Dreamworld's history of coasters, I think most will agree that they are the things that this park should be focussing on when selecting a new coaster. What's more, while B&M aren't all that willing to embrace a lot of new technologies (ie: launched coasters etc), I'd say that it just proves that they make the highest qualit coasters on the market when they can avoid those features and still be ranked amongst the best by enthusiasts.

I actually thought Sheikra was a great coaster. Possibly a bit of a one-trick pony, but the first drop was worth the wait. The main reason I believe a B&M would be perfect for Dreamworld would be because they have great capacity, are a hell of a lot more reliable than some other coaster companies, and age well. Given Dreamworld's history of coasters, I think most will agree that they are the things that this park should be focussing on when selecting a new coaster. What's more, while B&M aren't all that willing to embrace a lot of new technologies (ie: launched coasters etc), I'd say that it just proves that they make the highest qualit coasters on the market when they can avoid those features and still be ranked amongst the best by enthusiasts.
Now I'm not saying B&M make bad coasters but it's going to be a vekoma. If it was a B&M I think that dreamworld should get a B&M inverted. But since it's going to be a vekoma I think it should be a giant inverted boomerang.

Now I'm not saying B&M make bad coasters but it's going to be a vekoma. If it was a B&M I think that dreamworld should get a B&M inverted. But since it's going to be a vekoma I think it should be a giant inverted boomerang.
Well actually, over at ozcoaster it's now being said that Dreamworld has decided not to choose Vekoma afterall (they were apparently planning on a runaway mine train) because it would not be good competition. They'd be foolish not to open something more thrill-based considering Movieworld's recent additions. So Vekoma is out (thank goodness)...And with Eureka closing down, could the park be clearing space for something bigger?

Well actually, over at ozcoaster it's now being said that Dreamworld has decided not to choose Vekoma afterall (they were apparently planning on a runaway mine train) because it would not be good competition. They'd be foolish not to open something more thrill-based considering Movieworld's recent additions. So Vekoma is out (thank goodness)...And with Eureka closing down, could the park be clearing space for something bigger?
in that case... C'mon B&M inverted or :D .......Go B&M mega coaster :D Edited by sonic123488

And peter.. I guess people like B&M because they have consistent quality and just plain good rides. Im surprised about you being dissapointed in many of B&Ms major rides though, and I think the reason for this is because B&Ms are common in the US and those who have ridden them have probably ridden others too, so they have sort of become sick of them. You say that Kumba is nothing special, but if a ride like that, with enormous loops and 7 inversions were to open here would the general public see it as "nothing special" too? I doubt it. To be honest I think all of their rides are impressive even if others have grown tired of them. It seems you have been a bit selective though, you are comparing these supposedly "bad" B&Ms with Vekomas designed by Disney and Intamins that were record holders. I can see what you are saying about B&M being conservative, but i think that comes back to their aim of building reliable rides. On the other hand one of Intamins selling points is building rides that push the boundaries, and Vekoma pushes its lower cost and experience over the many installations they have done. Theres nothing wrong with setting yourself apart IMO.
Well I´m not saying that B&M can't make good coasters... My top ten looks like this: 1. Dueling Dragons: Fire Dragon - Universal Islands of Adventure. 2. Stuntfall - Parque Warner Madrid. 3. Montu - Busch Gardens Africa. 4. The Incredible Hulk Coaster - Universal Islands of Adventure. 5. Rock'n'Roller Coaster - Walt Disney Studios (Parijs dus.. ) 6. Silver Star - Europa Park 7. Black Mamba - Phantasialand 8. Goliath - Walibi World 9. Expedition Everest - Walt Disney World: Animal Kingdom 10.Stampida - Universal Port Aventura So you don't hear me complaining about that... What my point was, a B&M isn't a garentee of good coaster. They made coaster to that suck today, but they made some of the best as well... Just like Vekoma and Intamin. The point I really don't like about B&M is that don't come up with something new. They don't try anything special... That's my point. Vekoma, Morgan, Intamin and all those others made this whole coaster industry and B&M just make it better... And that's their thing, and that's ok... Because of that we got Dueling Dragons etc... So they aren't as bad as I maybe said... But I really appriciate Vekoma and Intamin for their ideas and inventions!