Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that some people think Dreamworld closed Eureka to 'make way for something bigger'. I mean based on Dreamworld's moves over the last few years, is there really any sign at all that Dreamworld is going to actually add something 'big'? It seems to me like they are doing their best to avoid any capital expenditure of this nature. They are milking the 10 year old (or even older now?) Tower of Terror for all it's worth. Besides, DW said on their website that Eureka was closed for 'maintenance and safety reasons'. Do you really think they'd make up a lie like that and advertise it to the gerneral public if it wasn't true? If they really were closing it to make room for something else they'd say "this ride closed to make way for an exciting new attraction"

Its a bit out of their price range. Air at AT cost just under $30mil AUD, Tatsu at SFMM cost $26.4mil AUD, i think the Superman flyers would have been cheaper but still quite expensive. DW has an allocated $6mil of capital expenditure so if they were to go out an do this you could kiss any other new ride goodbye for another 4-5 years. I can imagine a Zamperla Volare being cheap enough for them though :P

Personally, I have ridden Goliath at SFMM and it was amazing. But, I don't see it fitting in Dreamworld. It's more of an addition rather than something new, if you know what I mean. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a coaster like Goliath isn't exactly what Dreamworld should be looking for. We can't expect that from an Australian park. Dreamworld haven't established themselves to take this sort of ride on board. I think the best coaster for Dreamworld would be a standup or lay-down coaster. Many Australians would not expect this sort of coaster from a park. They need to go with something outrageous and something that will shock the general public who haven't heard of "a rollercoaster like that before".

Its a bit out of their price range. Air at AT cost just under $30mil AUD, Tatsu at SFMM cost $26.4mil AUD, i think the Superman flyers would have been cheaper but still quite expensive. DW has an allocated $6mil of capital expenditure so if they were to go out an do this you could kiss any other new ride goodbye for another 4-5 years. I can imagine a Zamperla Volare being cheap enough for them though :P
I think if they went with a ride like that, people would be happy to wait 4-5 years for the next addition somehow. B)

i wouldn't be surprised if when they do a new major attraction that they will spenda lot of money, because they have quite alot of captial more than they did 2 years ago the reassesment of the value of the park was mammoth so they have more equity to work with. Also I'd say that the investment on WWW was independant of DW as it in itself is really a seperate adventure and a deliberate effort to cut into villiage roadshow themeparks. I am all for it as well! i love dreamworld. Still reckon best and most crowd pullable would be dive machine certainly an australian first and barely any of them around the world for that matter. Boomarang looks boring in my view, shuttles or impulse or anything like that i think isn't worth it. a complete track rollercoaster is much better

i wouldn't be surprised if when they do a new major attraction that they will spenda lot of money, because they have quite alot of captial more than they did 2 years ago the reassesment of the value of the park was mammoth so they have more equity to work with. Also I'd say that the investment on WWW was independant of DW as it in itself is really a seperate adventure and a deliberate effort to cut into villiage roadshow themeparks. I am all for it as well! i love dreamworld. Still reckon best and most crowd pullable would be dive machine certainly an australian first and barely any of them around the world for that matter. Boomarang looks boring in my view, shuttles or impulse or anything like that i think isn't worth it. a complete track rollercoaster is much better
I'm going to stick with a B&M flying coaster, cos' like a diving coaster it would still be an Australian first. And a diving coaster is nothing speacial when you think about it, it's a sit down coaster, track's below you. With a flying coaster though you open up a whole new category of coasters for Australia!

roadrallypinballxw3.gif How about this ride... looks insane. Just imagine it. Well, we know Dreamworld are into providing 'experiences' these days... so why not an experience that is also a ride and blatantly fun.
It's more than a game. It's more than a ride. It's more than an interactive adventure. And it's more than an entertaining show. It's all of the above. Are you ready for the world's coolest and most play-packed attraction? It's the Human Pinball Water Ride. Entire families gather in the giant tubes and begin their journey down the sloped surface. Their friends are at the ready on nearby bridges, platforms and walkways, pressing buttons and turning levers to control the flipper paddles and spray features. But there's one more object to the game... the participants are trying to make their way into the bonus play chute where they catch a quick flume ride and pop out on a conveyor that takes them back to the top for a free ride. Now that's state-of-the-art!
More Information: http://www.wizardworks.biz/new_page_1.htm Customised Themes: http://www.wizardworks.biz/customized_themes.htm Edited by Tony Teulan

Well, we know Dreamworld are into providing 'experiences' these days... so why not an experience that is also a ride and blatantly fun.
You are right that Dreamworld says it is trying to become an "experience park" in relation to new attractions. But I can tell you this is just a term they use to weasel out of spending the big bucks on a real ride. Both the FlowRider and Nightmares can be considered experience attractions and both of these would have been damn cheap. Let's hope DW steers away from their 'experience' buzz word this year and actually build a new ride or 2