Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

I find it funny that some people think Dreamworld closed Eureka to 'make way for something bigger'. I mean based on Dreamworld's moves over the last few years, is there really any sign at all that Dreamworld is going to actually add something 'big'? It seems to me like they are doing their best to avoid any capital expenditure of this nature. They are milking the 10 year old (or even older now?) Tower of Terror for all it's worth. Besides, DW said on their website that Eureka was closed for 'maintenance and safety reasons'. Do you really think they'd make up a lie like that and advertise it to the gerneral public if it wasn't true? If they really were closing it to make room for something else they'd say "this ride closed to make way for an exciting new attraction"
Firstly, it could become apparent that the safety issue with Eureka is too costly to warrant repair. Secondly, the announcement about the ride being closed for maintenance only came after a lot of rumours regarding the track breaking etc etc (and I'm sure a lot of emails from members of this forum to the park). Thirdly, I'd say, even if it were closed to make way for a new attraction, it'd be far too early for the park to announce that. Those are the reasons I suggested it as a possibility. Also, I think it's definately possible DW's next addition will be 'something big'. Given the increasing competition from other Gold Coast parks, management would be foolish not to invest in something that will bring the thrill-market back to the park.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Oh sure. I realise the context they use the word 'experience'. But I would love them to use the word in THIS context. This ride would be a really unique thing for the Gold Coast, Australia and even in a world sense. If it was a decision between this and a new family coaster, I'd go for this any day. That's saying a lot when you consider my love for rollercoasters.

• 1 month later...