Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

This story comes from our friends at ozcoaster.net - credit goes to them for the scoop. Dreamworld's already looking to the future for their next major thrill ride, and the name Vekoma has been thrown around, with the park already reportedly signing a contract with the Dutch company. Remember that between ozcoaster.net and Roller-Coaster.com.au, a major story hasn't gone by in recent years where we haven't broken the news to the world. Our readers are always rewarded with the latest factual news. Back to the important matters. It looks like we've got the who now, what about the all-important what and where? Our Profile for the coaster Vekoma's Website

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nyahhhhhhh, Vekoma ROTFL 11111111!!!!!!!!!! Ok, but on a serious note im trying to think what this could be. I cant imagine it being a standard SLC of course, and their custom ones are flat out bad value. An invertigo would not stand up well against LW, though a Giant invertigo could be a possibility. I also doubt it will be a Big Air since it would be very similar to the Halfpipe going in at SW. A thrill lift or a tilt coaster could be a one trick pony to bring in people though. But...I think a likley prospect is a launched ride, Vekoma too now use a Hydraulic launch, and they have things such as the ten loop coaster (yet to sell one though) That could be a good response to SE. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out, and while Vekoma have done new trains its hard to shake that feeling that surrounds vekomas.

Going by their website I don't like the look of any of their coasters. They all look so dated and most of them are models we've seen over and over again. It's a shame they didn't decide to go with a company that could have created a truly impressive and unique coaster. We certainly don't need another Lethal Weapon or (god forbid) another Cyclone

What do Vekoma even sell these days? In-vertigo - Vekoma haven't built one for a few years but from memory they tend to work pretty well and are pretty popular. SiB - You'd think that one unlikely since they've been so much trouble for the few parks that did buy them Flying Dutchman - Again, haven't been sold for a long time, and only ever sold 3. Don't think they they'd be able to offload one on DW that easy Launch Coaster - I don't think DW is stupid enough to get one, aside of course from the aforementioned Booster Bike, which already have 3 installations. Tilt Coaster - Nice gimmick, can't see it happening though Wooden Coaster - Haven't made one since 2001 and only made 3, but wouldn't surprise me to see one of these grace DW Boomerang - Don't laugh - you won't be when DW builds one.

Edited by joz

ive said for a ong time the ten looper would be great. it has a launch, and like they say it has pretty much every element. Plus there launches can be powerd up to 150kph. however, it says there compact but when u click on the pick it seems to have a good spread, were would DW fit something like that. DW would have to be stupid if they put in a boomerang joz-std one anyhow...if they were going to do that the woulda just bought the demon for pennies:). anyhow is this coaster going were bluelagon is.

When is one of our parks going to be the first to commit to a B&M?
It would be nice, but I can't see it happening any time too soon. I'd say DW will be the first because they have the most land but maybe MW. WNW is out of the picture and SW doesn't have too much spare space either. I'm not terribly fussed about an Inverted but a Floorless or Flyer would be the best!

Oh bloody hell. Vekoma? They cannot be serious! And personally, I would rathar see DW get a few more thrill flat rides in than another coaster as there's only The Claw, Vortex, Giant Drop and Wipeout. I would like to see something placed where the old Chairlift station is in Gold Rush Country. The northern part of the park apart from the AWE has suffered a bit of neglect over the years. Lets see something new on the opposite side of the park for a change.

Thanks for the news. Exciting that it's a new thrill ride, little disappointed it's a Vekoma. I'm really hoping it's not going to be a poorly designed (rough) passenger transport system like many of their previous coasters. Surely Dreamworld has enough money for a B&M roller-coaster? Or even just an average coaster?

Well personally I've never had a problem with Vekoma apart from LW but surely it was smooth when it opened. B&M would be nice but like I said before, I doubt it will happen. Vekoma have suposedly realised how rough their coasters are and have tried to do something about it, hence Kumali at Flamingoland.

Vekoma have suposedly realised how rough their coasters are and have tried to do something about it, hence Kumali at Flamingoland.
Just ask Clint (Djrappa) about that he went on Kumali on the TPR UK tour and said the ride wasnt that smooth. SLC just seem rough I think alot of it has to do with the track to wheel design, as well as those hard rubber OTSR that bang the ears the need to make them softer like B&M.

The thing that concerns me the most is Vekoma's tendancy towards off-the-shelf models. It would be good for a change to see Dreamworld go creative with the ride itself, instead of always trying to "Dreamworldise" homogenous attractions. This is certainly an area where Movie World has nearly always managed to impress with originality.

It would be nice, but I can't see it happening any time too soon. I'd say DW will be the first because they have the most land but maybe MW. WNW is out of the picture and SW doesn't have too much spare space either. I'm not terribly fussed about an Inverted but a Floorless or Flyer would be the best!
i was sure that wet and wild would get one <_<:D DO vekoma still make woodys? If so, then a woody at the back of the park seems pretty logical.

Oh no - a Boomerang. Didn't think of this option but it could still REALLY be an option. I do not believe they would put in another launch coaster as Tower of Terror does deliver this experience already. As it seems as if Dreamworld always looks for new things I first thought about a flying coaster (would kick ass Superman a bit) or is this completely over the top for this park? :blink: