Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that same thinking I could disagree with a park getting a large B&M looper because Thunderbolt was a bad ride.
I agree with you on this Richard. I'm not making any comments on the Woodie topic because the only woodie coaster I've ridden was at LPM but I would imagine that in this day and age; with all this fabulous technology they could make a woodie that exceeds anything in the world..it's just a matter of which ever park (DW or MW) putting the money in there. I think if it was done right they could have a great woodie to go into Gold Rush Country...maybe where the skylink use to be. I wouldn't mind going on a woodie but I just dont see either park getting one any time soon.

Thinking about it, a woody would be a pretty good addition. With the woodies with loops, are the cariages different? (man that makes me feel so dumb!) I dont honestly dont mind what type of ride it is, well, a flat ride I dont want, and placing it in ocean parade i would not like, if its a coaster any type will do me, I love lots of inversions. Where would the ride go? I think this may have been mentioned before. Would there be enough room in the gold rush area?

Aesthetically, I think wooden roller coasters are the ugliest thing out. If they're going to add one, it'd have to be well hidden with trees. I'd much prefer a high-tech ride though (indoors, well-themed). There's a reason why Disney would never get a wooden roller coaster.

Yeah I suppose I haven't been on any new generation Woodies. Collosus wasn't that bad. Is California Screamin' a looping woody? Or is that different because it's launched? I loved that coaster. I say get rid of that stupid paddle wheeler and chuck it down there, repave that whole area behind Wiggles World, Link up the TOT better and get some new restaurants themed around that area and link up with the Wildlife adventure thingy.

Aesthetically, I think wooden roller coasters are the ugliest thing out. If they're going to add one, it'd have to be well hidden with trees.
I agree. I'm not saying woodies are bad, but as Adam said they are not very aesthetic. I don't think a woodie would fit in at MW especially if there wouldn't be trees to cover the support structure, as Mw should live aup to their reputation of excellent theming, and a woodie would be a nightmare to theme well.

I continue to think where have the good 'ole coasters gone these days, We're all into this going upside down craze! If Dreamworld does add a new coaster, I'd like to be a woodie (of course) and just nice and simple. Like sure, I love going upside down. But I feel parks need a rollercoaster that doesn't go upside down. And if it was a woodie, I'd love it too be very long.

I continue to think where have the good 'ole coasters gone these days, We're all into this going upside down craze! If Dreamworld does add a new coaster, I'd like to be a woodie (of course) and just nice and simple. Like sure, I love going upside down. But I feel parks need a rollercoaster that doesn't go upside down. And if it was a woodie, I'd love it too be very long.
MW has the Road Runner Coaster. DW has the runaway Reptar Coaster. They are both Coasters and both don't go upside down.

MW has the Road Runner Coaster. DW has the runaway Reptar Coaster. They are both Coasters and both don't go upside down.
If your pointing out that most rides without inversions are kiddie rides, damn your wrong! :P But, you're probably not, or maybe you were pointing out that they're both not woodies... Anyway, hyper coasters are some of the best out there, yet as far as I know they have no loops! I'll leave you to decided, and if I'm wrongly criticising you, I'm sorry.

Aesthetically, I think wooden roller coasters are the ugliest thing out. If they're going to add one, it'd have to be well hidden with trees. I'd much prefer a high-tech ride though (indoors, well-themed). There's a reason why Disney would never get a wooden roller coaster.
Just a question to that one Adam, but you talk in bad terms of woodies "aesthetically", and then go on to say theres a reason why Disney would never get a woodie. I am presuming since they are said almost in the same breath that you are speaking of the aesthetics as being the reason why disney would not get one? In that case, how do you explain the theming to Cal Screamin? Yes its steel, but its MADE TO LOOK like a woodie....?

Thanks for the question AlexB. The first and second paragraphs are conveying completely separate ideas (hence why they are both separate paragraphs). In the second paragraph I'm referring to the "high-tech" nature of such an attraction. Disney has themed the ride to look like an amusement style ride to fit in with Paradise Pier's themeing (which might I add is super) yet they have adopted a high-tech ride system in true Disney style. Let's not forget that Disney pioneered the steel coaster. If wood wasn't good enough for them back then, it certainly won't be good enough for them now. ;)

Edited by Adam

I'm not talking about a launch coaster. I'm talking about the good 'ole coasters that consit of chainlifts, massive drops, heart stopping corners/banks & mind blowing-ly long!! It wouldn't have to be a wooden coaster, even though I majorly want it to be one. It could just be a coaster like California Screamin' in Disney, USA. One that it themed to LOOK like a woodie. I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but most (basically all) of Australia's coaster are NOT worth the wait [apart SE]. I think DW should show WVTP what a coaster is. Not ALL coasters consit of inversions/loops/launch's etc.

Hmmm, Yeh to think about it.. Your right. However, It'd have to be something amazing 'cause I'm not a fan of Flying Coasters. I heard something a little while ago from Australian Amusement Fanatics, that DW have a plan to add a coaster around Tiger Island. It's ment to sweap in and out of Tiger Island. Not sure if this is true, But it's what I heard. IF, a big if this is true.. I think a flying coaster would REALLY suit this. It'd seem as if your flying with the tigers. :)