Future Dreamworld thrill ride

Richard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would a coaster scare the Tigers if it went around TI and not in TI? I dont think Dream would install a Boomerang (that's what your pic is of, right?) I liked the one at WL but I just don't think DW would install one..I think they would go for something like an Aussie first to kind of take the challenge to MW.

Edited by lisalila

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I firmly believe it is well and truly time for Dreamworld to add another signature attraction. Remember how huge it was when Dreamworld added Tower of Terror? This really helped put the park on the map and people from all over the world were talking about it. It's not good enough for them to keep relying on this same attraction over 10 years later. I think the next attraction should definitely be of this standard again, dominating the skyline and bringing Dreamworld's reputation back to where it was heading

What do Vekoma even sell these days? Invertigo - Vekoma haven't built one for a few years but from memory they tend to work pretty well and are pretty popular.
Don't forget that an Invertigo is very expencive!
GIB - You'd think that one unlikely since they've been so much trouble for the few parks that did buy them
Great coaster! It's sad for Vekoma that SixFlags pushed them so much to deliver the GIBs in so short time. Than you can expect problems! And there a problems. Unfortunaly Vekoma is the one with the bad reputation. Stuntfall at Parque Warner Madrid is working much better then his American brothers, so it seems they have solved a lot of the problems!
Flying Dutchman - Again, haven't been sold for a long time, and only ever sold 3. Don't think they they'd be able to offload one on DW that easy Launch Coaster - I don't think DW is stupid enough to get one, aside of course from the aforementioned Booster Bike, which already have 3 installations.
First of all: What is so stupid about a Vekoma Launch coaster? The Rock'n'Roller Coasters in the Disney parks are Vekoma launch coasters. They are great! Xpress at Walibi World is a Vekoma launch coaster and it's a powerfull launch! Thereby (I don't know how bad Superman Escape is, but I guess you guys can tell me!) the Intamin launch coaster seems to have some kind of curse as we call it in Europe. Every Intamin launch coaster seems to suffer from huge breakdown trouble, from Rita till Kanonen, from Stealth to Speedmonster. Don't have to mention the American coasters, do I? :P Vekoma launch coasters are much reliabler. Speeking of launch coasters: Vekoma has presented some new types. Like you mentioned, the motorbike coaster is one of them. But Vekoma has presented some new ones: Launched Flying Coaster Vekoma%20FlyLC.GIFLaunched SLC Vekoma%20LSLC.GIFLaunched Family Coaster Vekoma%20FLC.GIFZAP Coaster Vekoma%20ZAP.GIF Planty to choose from!
Tilt Coaster - Nice gimmick, can't see it happening though Wooden Coaster - Haven't made one since 2001 and only made 3, but wouldn't surprise me to see one of these grace DW Boomerang - Don't laugh - you won't be when DW builds one.
Well at last... I don't see a woodie coming. Vekoma only sells woodencoaster trains at this moment. They would build a woody again if a park really wants it but they don't prefer that... Edited by Peter

First of all: What is so stupid about a Vekoma Launch coaster? The Rock'n'Roller Coasters in the Disney parks are Vekoma launch coasters. They are great! Xpress at Walibi World is a Vekoma launch coaster and it's a powerfull launch! Thereby (I don't know how bad Superman Escape is, but I guess you guys can tell me!) the Intamin launch coaster seems to have some kind of curse as we call it in Europe. Every Intamin launch coaster seems to suffer from huge breakdown trouble, from Rita till Kanonen, from Stealth to Speedmonster. Don't have to mention the American coasters, do I? tongue.gif Vekoma launch coasters are much reliabler.
Ill second that, I quite like the look of the tangle of tracks Vekoma launch coasters have, and as has been said the Disney ones are awesome. Why do they get such a bad rap? But Superman here in Australia is quite reliable from what I can gather. I rode it only a couple of weeks after opening and I didn't experience a delay from breakdowns. From what i have heard the main problem they had was getting the train to stop in the right spot at the start of the launch, but as I have said breakdowns are rarely a complaint, and I think that is because MW has a good maintenance department. And Chaos_Maniac and everyone else, look we wont ever see a coaster close to Tiger Island as it would be cruel to subject the animals to that sort of noise. There are plenty of other spots (such as blue lagoon) where a coaster could go.
Have you guys ever thought about a Pandora's Box?
Yeah, but for MW and not DW as DW dont really do themed attractions.

And Chaos_Maniac and everyone else, look we wont ever see a coaster close to Tiger Island as it would be cruel to subject the animals to that sort of noise. There are plenty of other spots (such as blue lagoon) where a coaster could go.
Do you think we'd ever seem them open up the island that the 'Captain Sturt Paddle Wheeler' travels around for rides/attractions? :unsure:
Ill second that, I quite like the look of the tangle of tracks Vekoma launch coasters have, and as has been said the Disney ones are awesome. Why do they get such a bad rap?
I'll agree there. I love the look of the tangle tracks, it gives the 'out of control' sense to the ride. I also love those last minute s-bends etc. :)

But Superman here in Australia is quite reliable from what I can gather. I rode it only a couple of weeks after opening and I didn't experience a delay from breakdowns. From what i have heard the main problem they had was getting the train to stop in the right spot at the start of the launch, but as I have said breakdowns are rarely a complaint, and I think that is because MW has a good maintenance department.
I experienced a problem with SE when I went in April this year. It didn't launch the whole way over the hill. But they fixed that up fast. Superman fast. :D

Dreamworld could buy up land behind them past the bush, well on the giant drop, the side where you don't see the big brother house (which I have been subjected to 4 times and I have never seen the other side :( ) anyway you can see like a horse racing oval or something and a few random things which dreamworld should buy off, there isn't actually that much bush in that direction?

I was looking over the Walibi World website (which is a park one of our newest members, Peter, currently works at). To me it is the sort of park (attraction line-up wise) that I was always hoping Dreamworld would become, if only DW wasn't so slow with adding their new rides. I think DW's theming/presentation may be slightly better though. Walibi World has this brilliant coaster called Goliath which has got one of those mammoth lift hills and a really nice layout. It is also built partially over a lake for added effect. This is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking would be perfect for DW. It could be built with half of the coaster on land where the antique cars are with the back half of it built over the lake and extending onto the first part of the island. This way it wouldn't intrude on the animals but would still open the park up more where it needs it and utilise this wasted space. For pics of Goliath have a look here http://www.themeparkreview.com/europe2005/...alibiworld1.htm And for the park map which shows just how pathetic DW's 'coaster' line-up is compared to other parks look here http://www.walibiworld.nl/walibiworld/park...AW_parktour.pdf

I was looking over the Walibi World website (which is a park one of our newest members, Peter, currently works at). To me it is the sort of park (attraction line-up wise) that I was always hoping Dreamworld would become, if only DW wasn't so slow with adding their new rides. I think DW's theming/presentation may be slightly better though. Walibi World has this brilliant coaster called Goliath which has got one of those mammoth lift hills and a really nice layout. It is also built partially over a lake for added effect. This is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking would be perfect for DW. It could be built with half of the coaster on land where the antique cars are with the back half of it built over the lake and extending onto the first part of the island. This way it wouldn't intrude on the animals but would still open the park up more where it needs it and utilise this wasted space. For pics of Goliath have a look here http://www.themeparkreview.com/europe2005/...alibiworld1.htm And for the park map which shows just how pathetic DW's 'coaster' line-up is compared to other parks look here http://www.walibiworld.nl/walibiworld/park...AW_parktour.pdf
Goliath is indeed a great coaster (look at ava :P ) but that's an Intamin. I think actually that Intamin doesn't build those kind of hypers anymore. The whole idea of a hypercoaster is speed. When do you feel the most speed? In an open car, like Goliath has. BUT: after the large number of accidents in the Amican and Englisch parks whit the Intamin lapbar they started to use the over-the-shoulder-bar, like Superman Escape have. I read once in an interview that Intamin will only use the ots-bar for high speed coasters (like Goliath, Superman's ect. ), so that was the experience of the speed... At least, that's what I think what happent, after all, it looks very accidental that they haven't build a single megacoaster since 2003 and that B&M since then 3...

You know what they need, an intamin mega coaster :) But of course thats the goliath at walibi world :P
No offence. But your posts are really pointless! <_< On the otherhand, I do agree they need a Intamin Hyper/Mega coaster! I wouldn't mind seeing them keeping the fake volcano in the Blue Lagoon area. And having the station inside the volcano. Then, you come straight out and up the cable car lift hill. If it's possible, I'd even love to see the ride go up the side through the bushes of Rocky Hollow Log Ride and circle around the Big Brother house. Maybe Dream World could go for an Australian First (Intamin Hyper/Mega Coaster) and a World Record (Word's longest & fastest)? :) I never went to the Blue Lagoon area. But maybe they could try to make/theme it to a 'Pacific Island' area. And in the middle, is the massive volcano? But to do this, They'd need to create a river around the area, Which sadly would cost a lot. :( (Plus it's called Dream World, We can all dream on.. right? :P) Anyways. That'd my 2 cents worth. What you guys think? I'll try to create my idea on RCT2 and take some screen shots for you guys.