Tornado Update

mattcrombie

Today in the Gold Coast Bulletin they did a update on the new Attractions to come for the upcoming Holidays. I scanned the atricle here and have attached it. So feel free to read it. They talk about Tornado, and a concert at movieworld. Also the Dreamworld Waterpark. They also say Seaworld will have a new attraction by the end of December which is not an animal attraction, and Movieworld will have a new attraction too. We all know movieworlds is Batwing...But do you think they could be getting the Halfpipe for Seaworld already? I thought it was mid next year....oh well share your thoughts Matt ;)

Edited by mattcrombie
  • Like 1

Good find Matty. They should have it in the travel section of the Sunday Herald Sun tomorow - Fingers crossed! I really can't read the article properly because of its size and the scaned pic being small. So i can't really comment on what I think, sorry. I might be wrong, but i think some people were talking about another ride (in the original "Sea World's New Coaster" Forum Topic) other then the half pipe coaster. But they didn't say it was goin in before December. I'm going up to the GC in about two weeks with my family. I'll be able to see if any construction is going on. Ohh, just one thing. Could you scan the top part of the article, so that you can see the tornado picture on the top of the paper. CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

Good find Matty. They should have it in the travel section of the Sunday Herald Sun tomorow - Fingers crossed! I really can't read the article properly because of its size and the scaned pic being small. So i can't really comment on what I think, sorry. I might be wrong, but i think some people were talking about another ride (in the original "Sea World's New Coaster" Forum Topic) other then the half pipe coaster. But they didn't say it was goin in before December. I'm going up to the GC in about two weeks with my family. I'll be able to see if any construction is going on. Ohh, just one thing. Could you scan the top part of the article, so that you can see the tornado picture on the top of the paper. CoasterBoy6
Lets just say Seaworld's new addition is big You will know what i mean by big when the park offically announces it, ive been told to keep it to myself so sorry.

Haha, the comparison is so funny, DW was quite happy to talk about what they were planning, but WVTP gave a typical "we cant say anything yet". Classic WVTP marketing, the best way to tell the public about a new ride is not to tell them anything at all. Then they wonder why their new attractions dont draw the crowds they want. I wonder if they realize they are screwing over the two thirds or so (im assuming WVTP has similar crowd proportions to DW) of visitors who arent local and need time to actually organize a trip (Book accomidation, organize annual leave etc) to the Gold Coast by not telling them about it till the last minute? Case point: Superman, the website for the thing was not opened until just a month before opening in late november. Im sure by then people would have already made their holiday plans, or would have difficulty getting accomidation at that late stage.

Edited by Gazza

I agree! I dislike WVTP's policy about keeping so many things quiet. Sure, somethings aren't meant to be known about but come on. If we don't know about a new ride at MW, but we know they're putting one in at DW, which one do you think we will choose? It's not essential and they probably have their reasons but it would be nice to know...

Here is some clear Pics. I scanned them fully and added the top pic too. So check them out, u should be able to read them. http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9543/pictornadohn7.jpg http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9586/la...ntornadofy7.jpg Also May I add, Rabid, you say the new Attraction will be big.....Im soo keen to know what it is. I will ask my sources Sometime this week to spill the beans....I will get all the info and I will inform you all what it is when I find out.:) Till then.

Edited by mattcrombie

Firstly, I thought the 'Big Air' thing was made by Vekoma, Intamin's version being the HalfPipe. Secondly, has anyone other than me noticed that the pictures from the media centre are actually of other tornado's? (I'm pretty sure they are because they were added before the completion of Tornado) Shouldn't they use pictures of the actual ride and surroundings?

Thing is the colours of our Tornado and the mystery one in the press photos are the same, and since its always photos of the funnel rather then landscape I can't see a problem with it. They did the same thing with Superman (showing an Xcel vid) and changed it as soon as they had their own footage, same will probably happen here.

I agree! I dislike WVTP's policy about keeping so many things quiet. Sure, somethings aren't meant to be known about but come on. If we don't know about a new ride at MW, but we know they're putting one in at DW, which one do you think we will choose? It's not essential and they probably have their reasons but it would be nice to know...
Has DW official told you there getting a new coaster No I think not thats inside news. When the Claw opened DW didnt annouce it till 2 weeks before opening. Also its not the coaster when i say BIG And can everyone stop bashing the parks just be thankful there spending money on there guests. In the last few years the parks have added Superman Escape, Shrek, Extreme H20 zone, Bucaneer Bay, White Water World, Batwing Spaceshot, The new big thing at SW, Wiggles World and now a new coaster for DW. Thats alot of stuff you guys wouldnt have ridden a few years back. So stop the bashing and be thankfully you have parks in your home countries. Edited by rabid disney

Hey Tornado Has now been all complete with Landscape and seats around it. There is also a Volleyball court around it with grassy hills. Tornado has also added a Photo Machine to the ride, so you can purchuse your photo going into the funnel. There are lots of chairs and seats and Umbrellas around it for guest. Opens on the 16th. September.... :)

Matt, i'd like to know how reliable that date is for the ride opening. If it is the 16th I am so p@##$d off!! I've been watching this ride being constructed for about half a year and i won't be able to ride it! The dates i'm going up are from the 10th to the 17th of September. I'm only 13 years old (which means I don't really have the power to select dates) and my parents planed the trip the week before the Queensland school holidays so we don't have to put up with the big crowds. Stuff the crowds, I just want to ride TORNADO!!!!. Anyway, at least I'm going to Queensland - You got to look at the positive side of things i guess. ^_^ CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

Its on a Banner at the Park and Also Numerous Staff have told me. You will be here on the 16th. Just go on the opening day.
Won't there be heaps of media and hardly nobody ( in the public) will be able to ride it. Also, The lines for other rides in H2O Zone (including Tornado) will be really long. However, I have never been to a ride opening before so i don't know what to expect. CoasterBoy6

Thanks for that guys. Looks like i won't be missing out on riding Tornado! Just one small question. Do you think Sunrise will get Grant Denyer to go to WnW for the new arrival of Tornado? Sunrise did it for Superman Escape and Mach 5, surely they would think of going. Also, when do you think they will get him to go? They usually put the dates up in the latest news section on WnW's website (well, thats what they have done in previous occasions). I've been checking regualar for the past week and nothing has been mentioned. CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

• 2 weeks later...