Wonderland News (Beach Construction!)

Flea

The other day i asked a ride operator when they were going to add a new ride at wonderland. She said that managment had been promising a new ride for years. She also mentioned that they were planning the new attraction to be....wait for it. AQUA GOLF! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: This did not help the bad mood i was already in becuase wonderland had closed the demon AND the bushbeast. I couldnt hide the discust on my face and she knew exactly how i felt, smiling and saying " pretting boring i know....but they were also looking at a few other things" I put on the nicest voice i could and said "oh really, and would that involve any new rollercoasters by any chance" she gave me a shifty reply like she was trying to hide something " well i dont know...maybe" Im hoping that they really are looking into a rollercoaster...or ill be MAD !:twisted:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride operators and other operational staff are usually the last to find out. So, if Wonderland was planning a new attraction we'd probably all find out the same time they do. And on this point let me just mention that from what I've heard from Wonderlands staff - they are all just as desperate for a new attraction/s as the rest of us. If Wonderland wants to continue to promote itself as a world class theme park it truly is time. By the way... what on earth is Aqua Golf?

for all those who dont know what Aqua Golf is, this is from an Aqua-Golf site: Aqua-Golf® is a fun way to learn the game of golf, practice, or just spend time around the pool. It's great for parties, pool side gatherings, or by yourself :? . You don't have to get in the water to enjoy Aqua-Golf®, and it is attractive even when not in use. Aqua-Golf® uses a 3 x 5 ft. floating laminate of artificial turf and foam that is contoured to have the look and feel of a golf course green. The colorful 4 x 5 in. nylon is attached to the green with Velcro®, which makes changing pin locations easy. Twelve (12) floating Wiffle® practice balls come in 4 different colors for easy player identification. Each ball has Velcro® strips bonded to it to allow the ball to stay on the green. The balls are chipped from an 18 x 24 in. artificial grass mat that can be placed on the pool side deck. • Chip Velcro®-covered Wiffle® balls to a Floating island green. Use your own club (Golf club not included.) • Play closest-to-the-pin with family and friends. Fun for golfers of all skill levels. • A great game for parties, pool side gatherings or by yourself. • You don't have to get in the water to enjoy Aqua-Golf®. Use your skim net to retrieve floating balls. • Made in the U.S.A., UV protected and chemically friendly. Made to last for many seasons. hmmm.... sounds like about as much fun as a poke in the eye with a stick

Don't think of it as Aqua Golf, think of it as 'An exciting golf-ball acceleration experience for the whole family' (thats what they'll probably call it anyway. I wonder if Aqua Golf would actually attract anyone into the park? I can imagine the conversation now: "Mummy, I don't want to go to Luna Park, I wanna go play Aqua Golf!" :D

You guys cannot be serious!! How could anyone believe such a ridiculous rumor. One of the reasons that the putt-putt course was removed was because staff were being assulted with the clubs so i cant see them re-introducing another golf game where the clubs will be used as weapons. If they did get it, it would be at the lake next to the Beach. ~Former