Rock My World With Killing Heidi

Spotty

MOVIE WORLD PRESENTS AN UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT EVENT ON FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29 "Rock My World" is an awesome night-time event at Warner Bros. Movie World with great live music, brought to you by Coca-Cola Live 06, and the Coast's fastest rides. For one night only, on Friday, September 29, you'll get the chance to party with Killing Heidi, Kate Alexa, DJ's the Stafford Brothers and Lowie's Hot 30 Countdown all live from the hottest theme park on the Gold Coast! And all adrenalin junkies who want to try something new, here's your chance to ride Lethal Weapon and Superman Escape after dark... try 0-100km/h in 2 secs flat!... in the dark! Plus there's other crazy rides to take on and Big Screen entertainment. "Rock My World", presented by Coca-Cola Live 06 will guarantee to deliver non-stop entertainment from 6.00pm - 10.00pm. No matter where you are throughout the park you'll be right in the thick of it... or... on top of it! Tickets NOW ON SALE and can only be purchased through Ticketek. Tickets are $35.00, plus fees and charges. This is a non-alcohol event for all ages. For ticket purchases and enquiries please visit www.ticketek.com.au or call Ticketek on 13 28 49
Hmmm... I think I should go to that, Just to ride Superman Escape at Night!

Saw Kate Alexa in Jan/Feb..she was a bit flat at the Brissy concert but she got tips from the backstreet boys and sounded amazing at the other three concerts..even waved and thanked my friends and I for standing up and dancing to her songs when everyone else was sitting down looking bored...very awesome girl. Would love to go to this...SE and LW at night would be very awesome.

Edited by lisalila

Saw Kate Alexa in Jan/Feb..she was a bit flat at the Brissy concert but she got tips from the backstreet boys and sounded amazing at the other three concerts..even waved and thanked my friends and I for standing up and dancing to her songs when everyone else was sitting down looking bored...very awesome girl.
Honestly, all I can say is thank God for you.

Who'da thought Killing Heidi still existed? Interesting to see this happening. I'd be interested to know whether it's something that was planned by Movie World directly or not, because it's about time they went after the Screamworld market. A bit more effort has been put into selecting artists than Dreamworld tend to do (Joel Turner anyone?), not to say that who they have chosen are anything to get even remotely excited about. At least it should go well for them, with the backing of Coca Cola. Let's hope that we see them going down this path more in the future and expanding it, because WBMW is really a park which is well suited to having all major rides operating at night.

I don't think its a MW thing, or if it is they've gone halves with the organisers, otherwise MW would be selling tickets instead of Ticketek handling the whole thing (lame). Besides that, tickets on ticketek are $40 rather then the $35 MW has on its main site, so yeah hard not to get the feeling that MW is more or less just playing host here. Still, hopefully if its a success then the people with the power will see it and try it again. A whole heap of parks put on concerts and it works for them, so why not make it work here and bring in the extra cash.

• 2 weeks later...

^ There was one in April, to celebrate the sites 2nd (I think) and the opening of Superman: Escape (a few months late :P) Where members * Matty_o_911, Richard, Joz, DjRappa, JcGoldCoast, Adam and Myself* attended. It was a truly great day out, and I hope Richard is planning another one VERY soon!