Wet'n'Wild Water World will be officially opening Tornado.

dreamworld_rulz

WEATHER WARNING- A TORNADO WILL SOON BE HITTING WET'N'WILD! Wet'n'Wild Water World will be OFFICIALLY OPENING the awesome and impressive TORNADO- the first of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere on Saturday 16 September! This giant slide will complete the awesome new Extreme H20 Zone - an enormous new thrill slide area that is sure to get pulses racing, featuring gigantic, king-sized slides offering adrenaline addicts the ultimate extreme aquatic experience. Get yourself down to Wet'n'Wild on Saturday 16 September for the official opening of Tornado and the launch of the Dive'n'Movie season. All the rides will be open and there will be fantastic entertainment from DJ's like the Stafford Brothers and Vandalism featuring Andy Van, Kam Denny & Cassie, plus there will be giveaways all through the day... And then at sunset, the screen goes down in the Wave Pool for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest- Wet'n'Wild's premiere Dive in Movie! Wet'n'Wild Water World- Home of the Biggest, Fastest, Longest Waterslides in Australia!

So are you working as one of the life guards or what? If not, where? Will you be there on the 18th? If so, might see you there. ;)
I'm an attendant but will be doing lifeguard training and transferring to that position when the next opportunity presents itself. The recent intake brought a heap of attendants in but not lifeguards so there will definitely be call for them. I should be there on the 18th. 17th I have off but they seem to like employing me for both days of a weekend and about 3/5 weekdays & I'm on this coming Monday so maybe they'll repeat the pattern, at least for a few weeks. I'll let you know. If I'm not working on the 18th, I could just come hit the park with you and any others from the forum that you end up meeting.

Make sure you tell us all about what the job is like Tony. I've always wondered what it would be like to work at Wet 'n' Wild. I can tell you as someone with a long background in the theme park industry (all my previous jobs were working at theme parks until now) that they would absolutely love you if you are making yourself available for weekends. One of the hardest shifts to fill is weekend work because ofcourse most young people want to be out having a good time plus weekends at theme parks are the hardest work with the thousands of families and people in attendance. Weekdays are a nice bludge in most cases (except when the school kids have their excursions). What's the difference between an attendant and a life guard?

Edited by GoGoBoy

Make sure you tell us all about what the job is like Tony. I've always wondered what it would be like to work at Wet 'n' Wild. I can tell you as someone with a long background in the theme park industry (all my previous jobs were working at theme parks until now) that they would absolutely love you if you are making yourself available for weekends. One of the hardest shifts to fill is weekend work because ofcourse most young people want to be out having a good time plus weekends at theme parks are the hardest work with the thousands of families and people in attendance. Weekdays are a nice bludge in most cases (except when the school kids have their excursions). What's the difference between an attendant and a life guard?
Most of the time it's like so... attendant: top of the slides/attraction; lifeguard: The bottom.

Just a question, how are the attendants at the top of mammoth able to see people standing up. It was embarrassing when i was there, it was at night and TWO rides in a row i was with groups that stood up, though luckily they didnt kick me off. It seemed odd because i thought you could only see basically the first turn from the starting tub.

hey tony, do u work at WnW? If so thats so gnarly, me so envious, me envious of ne1 who works at theme parks. my uncle use to work at wonderland until it closed down... stupid owners! im going to WnW in october for holidays. im flying up october 7, on the saturday, and when we get there we r going to wet n wild 4 the night 4 the dive in movies, i have never riding the slides there at night, should b good. i have done the screamworld thing but, it was fun.

And be sure to come say hello to me :) I'll be working 5-9 next Saturday night and, going off my current roster, during the week will probably be 9.45-5. We get rotated every 50-60 minutes, sometimes a bit less regularly so I'm sure you'll find me at some stage...
hey tony, do u work at WnW? If so thats so gnarly, me so envious, me envious of ne1 who works at theme parks. my uncle use to work at wonderland until it closed down... stupid owners! im going to WnW in october for holidays. im flying up october 7, on the saturday, and when we get there we r going to wet n wild 4 the night 4 the dive in movies, i have never riding the slides there at night, should b good. i have done the screamworld thing but, it was fun.
Are you blind or something? Tony states that he works there.

Just came back from the Gold Coast yesterday! I'll give a full and detailed trip report on the original topic later today or tomorrow. Anyway, you know how worried I was, thinking that Tornado won't be open when I was up on the GC. Well, I decided to go on the best day (weather wise) to W'n'W. This was on the Friday. This was because there was hardly any wind and it was mostly sunny (even though the temp. only reached a maximum of 21 Degrees). And to my luck TORNADO WAS RUNNING BEFORE IT'S OFFICIAL OPENING!!!!!! :o:blink::D . It was also my first time on all the H2O Zone waterslides. This new area has truthfully increased the capacity of Wet'n'Wild. The only slide in the park that had a really big queue (which took about 25 mins) was the speed coaster. The others had very reasonable lines, most of the time under 10 mins! Now onto Tornado, I was very surprised how big the funnel was when you see it from the highway. The line goes very quickly, probably because the ride is very short. And I also noticed that the only slide in H2O Zone that is not heated is Tornado :huh: . As you sit on the cloverleaf rafts you notice how comfortable and how safe you actually feal in them. The tunnel before the drop is nothing special and it’s not even dark inside it. The drop into the funnel took me by surprise and gives you heaps of speed. The rest of the ride goes really quickly, the first and second time you go up the walls of the funnel is the best and gives you the feeling you are going to fall out of the tube. After that you bash into the water, which gathers at the bottom of the funnel. Although it’s rough it gets you soaked, which is what you want from a waterslide. And the water curtain adds to the final splashdown. Overall, Tornado is a fantastic ride and I suggest everybody who has a chance to ride it to go on it. It’s a buzz. :) CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6