Building the ultimate Australian Park

joz

Ok guys, lets play a game, using nothing but the rides, shows and attractions in Australia, what would you include to make the ultimate Australian park? For this, lets say we include 3 flat rides, 4 coasters, 2 water rides 3 live shows, 1 theatre show 1 kids land and 2 animal exhibits and 2 restaurants. For my contribution, I'll include Scooby Doo, Lethal Weapon, Corkscrew and perhaps Tower of Terror as the Roller Coasters. As for flats, I'll take Wipeout, Pirate Ship and Tasmanian Devil. Water Rides would be Wild West Falls & Snowy River Rampage. Live shows, I'm thinking Police Academy, Quest for the Golden Seal, and the Dolphin Cove Show. Theatre show, I'm still can't decide between Pirates, Marvin and Dreamworld's Imax. Kids land would have to be Looney Tunes Village Animal Exhibits would be Tiger Island and Polar Bear Shores. Finally, I'd say Gothem City Cafe, and possibly SW's Paradise Room as the best two restaurants. So come on, what would you include in the Australian park?

Coasters: Scooby, Lethal Weapon, Beastie & Tower of Terror Flats: Pirate Ship (for the air..), Powersurge (Adventure World, Perth) & Space Probe Water Rides: Wild West Falls & Dreamworld's Flume (my mind went blank, so I can't remember the name) Live Shows: Spellbinding Sorcery, Police Acamedy & Dolphin Cove Theatre Show: Pirates Animal Exhibits: Polar Bear Shores Kids Land: Little Wonders Land Restaurants: Gotham City Cafe, and Nick Centrals Cafe (once again, mind went blank). That would make a decent park, ~Flea

Mine will be: Roller Coasters 1. Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster 2. Tower of Terror 3. Corkscrew 4. Lethal Weapon Flat Rides 1. Wipeout 2. Chaos 3. Space Probe Water Rides 1. Wild West Falls 2. Mammoth Falls Shows 1. Spellbinding Sorcery 2. Dolphin Cove 3. Police Academy Theatre 1. IMAX Theatre Kids Land 1. Hanna Barbera Land/LW's - (Is that allowed?) If not, Looney Tunes Village Animal Exhibitions 1. Underwater Dolphin Experience 2. Polar Bear Shores Restauraunts 1. Broadwater Café 2. Gotham City Café

Coasters: Lethal Weapon Scooby ToT Cyclone (Close between this and Corkscrew) Flats: Space Probe Wipeout Bounty's Revenge Water: Wild West Falls Poseidon's Adventure (at SW with the volcano; I think that's what it's called) Shows: Police Academy Golden Seal The now defunct Maverick show (bring it back!) Kiddie's Land: Nick Central (I like the inverted Reptar) Theatre: Pirates Animal Exhibits: Tiger Island (my absolute fav....anyone done the photos?) Polar Bear Shores Restaurants: Gotham Cafe The one that overlooks all the dolphin ponds at SW

Coasters: Poseidon's Adventure (at SW with the volcano; I think that's what it's called) The one that overlooks all the dolphin ponds at SW
The Boat Ride is Bermuda Triangle, and the bar is Dockside Tavern, lovely little pub that one. :D I think I'll change my vote of Paradise room to Dockside, its a great spot, plus the beer is (relatively) cheap. It seems as if Gothem City Cafe is in for sure though ;)

• 2 months later...

Well I'll put my vote in for TGD. I mean yeah SP has theming but these days its pretty sad and nothing more than an extension to the cue line. Even from day 1 they never really used the themed area properely and just let it fill with people cueing for the ride. It didn't take long for the TVs not to work and lights to start burning out (I CANT STAND LIGHTS NOT BEING MAINTAINED). As for the ride itself I find with SP that really by the time you really get moving the ride is over where as TGD has got that nice long fall time. Plus also these days TGD isn't a giant billboard in the sky like SP has become.

Problem for me with Space Probe, is that the themeing never went beyond the queue line. If the ride itselfy was themed then I'd agree, but with Space Probe, once you get into the station, the theming ends. I also personally prefer the views Giant Drop offers rather then the count down on Space Probe, but thats just my opinion. Agree/Disagree?

Problem for me with Space Probe, is that the themeing never went beyond the queue line.  If the ride itselfy was themed then I'd agree, but with Space Probe, once you get into the station, the theming ends.  I also personally prefer the views Giant Drop offers rather then the count down on Space Probe, but thats just my opinion.   Agree/Disagree?
That's not true. The theming is in the station, it's not just an empty box. The walls are "space like", and theres special effect lighting. Not to mention the alarms sounding and the beacons flashing when dispatched. At the top of the tower, there are tv's which count down from 5 to 0 (unfortunately they are no longer working.. they should be fixed soon though), and sometimes additional beacons would flash at the top. It is true that the theming is being slowly killed, and some day there will no longer be any theming. Wonderland's maintenance has already killed many effects, such as the opening/closing roof of the station. (creating a very dark effect in the station, in which the special effect lighting would kick in) It would open up when cars are dispatched, and close again when the car and catch car have returned to the station. Fog was also used in the station. A few years back, the ops were dressed in black SP suits with guns. You would queue in the path leading up to the tunnel, and when a voice screamed "alien attack!", 12 people would run through queue. According to Daniel, an ex-operator at Wonderland, the dressing up in black SP suits with guns is not used anymore because of staff rotating rides. You see, 3 ops were operating Space Probe the whole day, therefore allowing them the time to dress up. ~Flea

wow there's something that would be cool! If only the GD had some more, and i mena MORE theming and i reckon they would actually really rival each other! But i reckon id DW ever wanted to do anything more with the DreamWorld Tower, i say get the "station" (term used vaguely) for the top of the tower like SP, there by making a better ride for both TOT and GD.

• 4 weeks later...

A little side-tracking's okay, so long as it's interesting. There is another thread where the Giant Drop/Space Probe found themselves (here). By all means keep this discussion going for its original purposes, and I'll make sure things don't go too far from the topic at hand. I mean, the comparison of the two drop towers is quite relevant to this discussion. :)

roller coasters: Demon, tower of terror, lethal weapon and bush beast. Water rides: wild wild west and snowy river rampage. Flat rides: Giant Drop, wipe out and tumble bug. animal exhibitions: the australian wildlife park and tiger island Food outlets: the outback buffet restaurant and gothem city cafe' Shows: spellbinding sorcery, dreamworld imax and 4D save the planet. kids land: hanna babera land (little wonders land)

The Tumble Bug at Kennywood is very similar to the original Tumble Bug which was built at Sydney's Luna Park in the 1930s. It was removed many years ago. A 'new' version of this ride was installed at Luna Park for its 1995 incarnation but it was just a typical Wittingslow travelling flat ride (one that made me feel quite queasy too). The facade design (a giant psychadelic bug) was based on the original 1930s design. I'm fairly sure they are reinstating this new version of the Tumble Bug in the 2004 Luna Park. I think they are keeping the giant bug from 1995 too.