Tornado Opens. When To Go?

Dylaan

Well I'm trying to get to WNW for the opening of Tornado. My friend is determined not to go on a weekend and says that lines will be too long. I tried to convince him with the fact it stays open and all but he thinks because it's opening day that it will be overcrowded! Anyway, what would be the best day to go, preferably not the Monday and I haven't got much chance convincing him to go on the weekend. Thoughts?

Well I'm trying to get to WNW for the opening of Tornado. My friend is determined not to go on a weekend and says that lines will be too long. I tried to convince him with the fact it stays open and all but he thinks because it's opening day that it will be overcrowded! Anyway, what would be the best day to go, preferably not the Monday and I haven't got much chance convincing him to go on the weekend. Thoughts?
I think Saturday would be pretty fine -- the word will surely have been out that the Tornado was open early. What other days do you have to choose from? Why not Monday? Tuesday would be also be good.

A popular misconception seems to be that opening days are any busier than other days. Very few people in the scheme of things actually take note of opening dates and actually make the effort to visit on that day rather than any other. It'll be busy because it's the holidays, and Tornado will in all likelihood be the most popular attraction, but it's also a high capacity ride and there are plenty of other rides in the park that'll take a lot of the crowd and give you plenty of other things to do if the queue is too big.

We do pump people through really quickly on Tornado so you won't have to wait terribly long on any day. I think the fact there will be live music will probably bring a few extra punters but it shouldn't make a huge difference to the numbers & on the busy days this past week we didn't have problems keeping things moving. Yesterday I got to do two rotations on Tornado which is good as it's definitely my favourite ride to operate... :D

Well I'm trying to get to WNW for the opening of Tornado. My friend is determined not to go on a weekend and says that lines will be too long. I tried to convince him with the fact it stays open and all but he thinks because it's opening day that it will be overcrowded!
Just ask your mate a rhetorical question: "Listen [insert mates name here], out of you and me, who knows more about theme parks?" Just say that you know what you are talking about, and it wont be crowded. When i was there, everything basically becomes walk on when the movie starts (except for terror canyon), I lost count of the number of rides on Mammoth i did. This was pre H20 zone BTW so the lines for everything will be even more dispered. Just a question tony, does Extreme H20 stay open at night? Edited by Gazza

Just ask your mate a rhetorical question: "Listen [insert mates name here], out of you and me, who knows more about theme parks?" Just say that you know what you are talking about, and it wont be crowded. When i was there, everything basically becomes walk on when the movie starts (except for terror canyon), I lost count of the number of rides on Mammoth i did. This was pre H20 zone BTW so the lines for everything will be even more dispered. Just a question tony, does Extreme H20 stay open at night?
When we were there in February they closed H2O Zone during the movies.

Well, Wet 'n' Wild have got the best Guest Services in Australia! Within 2 minutes of sending off the e-mail I had got a reply!

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your enquiry. Yes we certainly will be operating our "Extreme H2O Zone" during our Dive"n"Movie evenings. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries. Kind Regards, Kellie Spriggs Guest Services Wet'n'Wild Water World PO Box 138 Oxenford Qld 4210 P: +61 7 5556 1610 F: +61 7 5573 3074 E: wwguestr@wvtp.com.au W: www.wetnwild.com.au Kids can visit their very own aquatic adventure playground at the all-new Buccaneer Bay at Wet'n'Wild Water World
So there we have our answer, the Extreme H20 Zone will be open at night!

Thanks, we're now going next Thursday, I can't change my friends mind and we cannot go on a weekend because his dad's working. Anyway, really looking foward to it, should be going to DW this weekend hopefully too! Yeh, when we went in January, the H20 Zone closed at dusk, but maybe they hadn't finished lighting or something. Wondering if they've fixed up the queue at the top of SideWinder. Last time I was there they just had ropes in the shape of switchbacks and the queue going up the stairs was terible. So Thursday, 21st, I should be there.

Do they heat the pools/slides up once the sun goes down? (when the have the dive in movies)
To heat that much water in the space of a few hours? Hope they have a Volcano handy... it would be impossible for them to heat the pools and slides up for night time. . . it would just take too long. We used to have a gas heated spa, and it would take a good 3 hours for the gas to heat up a single spa bath for 8 people. imagine trying to heat the wave pool without an enclosed roof??????

Actually, in summer the pools arent heated, i had checked that last year before my trip up. Apparently the sun is sufficent. You dont get cold anyway. Anyway, IMO they should be using the roof of Outback Spectacular for a solar heating system (the side not facing the freeway) As long as the pipes were buried deep between the park and the roof and well insulated it could be quite effective.