The Wii

Gazza

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer, I've heard many people say that Super Mario Galaxy is a really good game. Ohh, before I go on I got a Wii for Christmas around 2 weeks ago. I LOVE IT!!! When it first came out I thought it was just another gimmick, but I started to see what it really could achieve. No money wasted, I can assure you! The first games I have got are WiiPlay, WiiSports and Metroid Prime Hunters 3: Corruption! (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMEND). Anyway, I think I'll be hooking it up to the internet very soon, but with a wired connection, I still have to buy the adapter for it, but I will get it. In the mean time, I'm getting my Wii chipped. I know, I know, people say that it's not good for the console, and it will slowly damage it over time. I think it's a load of BS!!! So by Saturday I should be getting Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario Galaxy and Mario Charged Strikers. They should be good, they all include original characters from Nintendo and Sega! :D Has anybody got these games?? Another thing that I'm curious about, is when this topic was started people were swapping some time of number code that people called ID's or something along those lines. Sorry, but if somebody could help me out with this one, it would be greatly appreciated!! Oh, and is there a way I can add people to my Wii console, so that when I go online I can play games against them, e.g. MArio Charged Strikers Football?? Games that I'm looking forward to playing on the Wii, would by Ghost Squad GHOST SQUAD and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I think everybody knows what Super Smash Bros is!!). If you don't know Ghost Squad is an arcade Light gun game (very simular to Time Crisis) where you are moved around by the computer and all you do is shoot the baddies! I love these games, and the best thing is that I don't have to buy a seperate gun attachment to play it. The bad thing about that is the only "gun attachment" for the Wii remote in Australia is the Zapper. I don't like the look, if it's for gun games then shouldn't it look like a gun/pistol?? :huh: . I asked a worker at EBgames if any other third party company is going to bring out a gun attachment, and he said no!!! <_< . He said that because PAL is trying to make the Wii look like a very family oriented console and not showing bad examples for younger children!! WTF??? What about game like Resident Evil:4 and Umbrella Chronicles!!??? NOT HAPPY!! This is what I was hoping to be brought to Australian shores Nyko Perfect Shot. Really does this look that bad to you?? It's not like it has army colours all over it and it makes loud noises. LOL, you can buy worse looking guns at your local $2 shop!! If anybody can sheed some light on my post, especially the questions, that would be greatly appreciated!! :P CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

Friend codes are what you are on about. If you want to play with specific people you both have to have each others friend codes in your address books. I have since forgotten how all the friend code stuff is done and dont have the time to be firing up the Wii at this second to check, but you need to have the Wii online to do this sort of stuff, it should all be in the Manual anyway so check that and you should be right.

I don't like the look, if it's for gun games then shouldn't it look like a gun/pistol??
I looks like a Uzi or something, I'm no gun expert, but that is a type of gun. Its pretty inevitable a gun attachment will come out, the EB guy wouldn't necessarily be that in the know (and his reasoning, as you said is a bit weird) he could simply have not known about thay Nyko thing. In any case, its just a visual thing, it wont effect the functionality of the controller. Edited by Gazza

Yer, I've heard many people say that Super Mario Galaxy is a really good game. Ohh, before I go on I got a Wii for Christmas around 2 weeks ago. I LOVE IT!!! When it first came out I thought it was just another gimmick, but I started to see what it really could achieve. No money wasted, I can assure you! The first games I have got are WiiPlay, WiiSports and Metroid Prime Hunters 3: Corruption! (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMEND). Anyway, I think I'll be hooking it up to the internet very soon, but with a wired connection, I still have to buy the adapter for it, but I will get it. In the mean time, I'm getting my Wii chipped. I know, I know, people say that it's not good for the console, and it will slowly damage it over time. I think it's a load of BS!!! So by Saturday I should be getting Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario Galaxy and Mario Charged Strikers. They should be good, they all include original characters from Nintendo and Sega! :D Has anybody got these games?? Another thing that I'm curious about, is when this topic was started people were swapping some time of number code that people called ID's or something along those lines. Sorry, but if somebody could help me out with this one, it would be greatly appreciated!! Oh, and is there a way I can add people to my Wii console, so that when I go online I can play games against them, e.g. MArio Charged Strikers Football?? Games that I'm looking forward to playing on the Wii, would by Ghost Squad GHOST SQUAD and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I think everybody knows what Super Smash Bros is!!). If you don't know Ghost Squad is an arcade Light gun game (very simular to Time Crisis) where you are moved around by the computer and all you do is shoot the baddies! I love these games, and the best thing is that I don't have to buy a seperate gun attachment to play it. The bad thing about that is the only "gun attachment" for the Wii remote in Australia is the Zapper. I don't like the look, if it's for gun games then shouldn't it look like a gun/pistol?? :huh: . I asked a worker at EBgames if any other third party company is going to bring out a gun attachment, and he said no!!! <_< . He said that because PAL is trying to make the Wii look like a very family oriented console and not showing bad examples for younger children!! WTF??? What about game like Resident Evil:4 and Umbrella Chronicles!!??? NOT HAPPY!! This is what I was hoping to be brought to Australian shores Nyko Perfect Shot. Really does this look that bad to you?? It's not like it has army colours all over it and it makes loud noises. LOL, you can buy worse looking guns at your local $2 shop!! If anybody can sheed some light on my post, especially the questions, that would be greatly appreciated!! :P CoAsTeRbOy8
I agree about the gun attachment, if you want a gun just go to the local shop around the corner (cap gun of course) lol. I dont think you should get your wii chipped, voids the warranty and everything, its your choice to waste 400 dollars though not my fault if you do it :D. Super Smash Bros. is what I cant wait to come out, so excited, it also includes Nintendo Wi-fi for online battles. So will Mario Kart Wii.

I agree about the gun attachment, if you want a gun just go to the local shop around the corner (cap gun of course) lol. I dont think you should get your wii chipped, voids the warranty and everything, its your choice to waste 400 dollars though not my fault if you do it biggrin.gif. Super Smash Bros. is what I cant wait to come out, so excited, it also includes Nintendo Wi-fi for online battles. So will Mario Kart Wii.
Call me an idiot, but I chipped my Wii before the warranty ran out... As long as you don't do anything stupid and get a 'professional' to install it you should be right... (I should follow my own advice) Mind you, I do not condone piracy of any sort, must be for backing up your own 100% legit games! :P You can buy all sorts of accessories from this site. None of it's official mind you, it comes from Hong Kong but includes free shipping... Took about 10 days for my purchases to arrive.

Call me an idiot, but I chipped my Wii before the warranty ran out... As long as you don't do anything stupid and get a 'professional' to install it you should be right... (I should follow my own advice) Mind you, I do not condone piracy of any sort, must be for backing up your own 100% legit games! :P You can buy all sorts of accessories from this site. None of it's official mind you, it comes from Hong Kong but includes free shipping... Took about 10 days for my purchases to arrive.
Im not against the chip, but Nintendo seem to know their own console. I never like to modify products if the official company that made it dont condone it. Lol yeah right "legit" games :D jks. Cool I might purchase a few accessories :D thanks

Thanks for the help on answering those questions!! SO that is what the numbers are used for, k, well in that case where do I find my number, :huh: ??

Super Smash Bros. is what I cant wait to come out, so excited, it also includes Nintendo Wi-fi for online battles. So will Mario Kart Wii.
Mario Kart Wii, will be a blast. I still remember my little bro when he was around 6 years old, he used to tilt the controller in the direction which he was steering (mind you it did nothing cause it was a PS2 controller! lol). But know with the Wii it's actually possible to steer like that! It's just amazing how technology advances. CoAsTeRbOy8

I cant quite remember, but i think it is in your own address book in the Wii. Edit: yes it is, click on the envelope icon on the wii menu, then click the create new message icon (on the bottom, 2nd from left) then click the address book icon (wil be far right) and it shows up there. Give the manual a read, gives a good run down of other hidden talents the Wii has.

Edited by Gazza

Thanks for the help on answering those questions!! SO that is what the numbers are used for, k, well in that case where do I find my number, :huh: ?? Mario Kart Wii, will be a blast. I still remember my little bro when he was around 6 years old, he used to tilt the controller in the direction which he was steering (mind you it did nothing cause it was a PS2 controller! lol). But know with the Wii it's actually possible to steer like that! It's just amazing how technology advances. CoAsTeRbOy8
OMG! my brother did that too on the Nintendo 64 and PS2 when he got really involved into the game. Your right technology advanced so much thats its possible! And we can interact with the game alot better than just pressing buttons on its own.

Does anyone know where I can get my wii chipped on the Gold Coast? I used to get my PS and Xbox tweaked at GCM at Mermaid Beach but I drove past the other day and they were gone! Any help would be much appreciated as I am keen to play my genuine, authorised, legitimately purchased 'back up' copies :P .

Does anyone know where I can get my wii chipped on the Gold Coast? I used to get my PS and Xbox tweaked at GCM at Mermaid Beach but I drove past the other day and they were gone! Any help would be much appreciated as I am keen to play my genuine, authorised, legitimately purchased 'back up' copies :P .
I urge you not to chip your wii, it is very bad for the system and voids your warranty. If anything goes wrong guess whos fault? and whos money is down the drain? Just buy the normal games for the wii second hand or from ebay if you cant afford it, putting illegal games on the system with the wii chip can stuff up your system really badly.

Sure do, I got mine done by 'Gold Coast Modchips', no idea if it's the same guy... He operates from his house somewhere up there, might be Mermaid Beach not too sure... Wait maybe it was Burleigh... *shrugs* You should be able to reach them on (07) 5572 7944 or via email at info@gcmodchips.com Personally, the guy seems a bit dodgy, but I haven't had any problems yet so I guess he does what needs doing. A great forum for anything game related is www.gbatemp.net (More so the technical side of things, although the sight mostly focuses on both commercial and homebrew programs for the Nintendo DS) Edited by WnW_Rocks

Sure do, I got mine done by 'Gold Coast Modchips', no idea if it's the same guy... He operates from his house somewhere up there, might be Mermaid Beach not too sure... Wait maybe it was Burleigh... *shrugs* You should be able to reach them on (07) 5572 7944 or via email at info@gcmodchips.com Personally, the guy seems a bit dodgy, but I haven't had any problems yet so I guess he does what needs doing. A great forum for anything game related is www.gbatemp.net (More so the technical side of things, although the sight mostly focuses on both commercial and homebrew programs for the Nintendo DS)
Thanks for the info! Its got to be the same guy if you describe him as 'dodgy'. He used to have a massive shop at Mermaid. When you walked in he always had a screwdriver in hand with console carcasses and internals strewn across the counter. He always had the cheapest games and always gave you top dollar for your trade ins, sometimes 3 or 4 times more than EB. I guess thats why he no longer has the shop lol

I wanted to get a Wii for Chrissy but my mum wouldnt let me, even though i said i would pay! :angry: But yesterday (boxing day) i finally convinced her and she let me go out and get one, (:)) but it turns out pretty much all of Australia is sold out of Wii's!!! <_<:angry: I never knew they were that popular, so i guess I'll have to wait until they come back into stock. In the mean time ill just try to not go insane while i listen to the rest of the world go on about how amazing their Wii's are :P.

Anyone want to buy my second copy? Someone gave it to me for Christmas but already had it. They've thrown the receipt out too.
That Deal is made for e-bay. Well as well as Wii sports I also got Big Brain Academy, but I havent really been playin BB, because Wii sports lasts for hours. It's like I can't get bored of it.