Sign in to follow this  
Andy_q69

Australian Record Breakers

6 posts in this topic

I've been searching for record breakers and I came across some Australian coasters in the vacinity! Here they are: Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster: 1. 4th for Highest Wild Mouse (55"9') 2. 6th for fastest Wild Mouse (27.7mph) 3. 2nd for greatest drop Wild Mouse (23') 4. 1st for the longest tracked Wild Mouse! (1738'10") Tower of Terror: 1. =2nd for longest drop (328'1") 2. 3rd for highest coaster (377'4") 3. =3rd for fastest coaster (100mph) Demon: 1. =10th (with about 50 others!) for longest shuttle coaster track (875') Rugrats Runaway Reptar: 1. =7th for highest family coaster (49') (Its not listed but the twin is there) Yeah, Australia has a few unique rides! :)

Most of the coasters are rather bad :| But the darkrides and waterrides look very good. Especially Wild West Falls. And the whole ride package at Dreamworld is excellent. That's my opinion

For a while the Tower of Terror was the fastest ride in the world getting up to 106mph in testing. I think that this is the right speed, but if it is wrong it is only by 1 or 2 mph. The Thunderbolt held the record for the fastest Double Loop coaster for a while also when it opened in 1982. But I was old enough to ride it then, so that is why I proberly remember it.

You forgot the giant drop (while not actually a rollercoaster, still worth a mention) Fastest free-fall ride in the world tallest free-fall ride in the world most advanced technology with the magnet synchronisation techniques used with the tot (not a real record, but still cool) first of a kind with a 8-across gondola

WOW I'm gonna show my ignorance here but whilst I know all about how both rides work I'm totaly in the dark on this whole magnet synchronisation system you are all speaking of... Anyone care to enlighten me??

Just a quick point. During this thread, its inevitable that someone is going to mention Cyclone for being tallest in the southern hemisphere. When that person does, please resist the temptation to call it a "gravity" rollercoaster. Thanks