Australian Record Breakers

Andy_q69

I've been searching for record breakers and I came across some Australian coasters in the vacinity! Here they are: Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster: 1. 4th for Highest Wild Mouse (55"9') 2. 6th for fastest Wild Mouse (27.7mph) 3. 2nd for greatest drop Wild Mouse (23') 4. 1st for the longest tracked Wild Mouse! (1738'10") Tower of Terror: 1. =2nd for longest drop (328'1") 2. 3rd for highest coaster (377'4") 3. =3rd for fastest coaster (100mph) Demon: 1. =10th (with about 50 others!) for longest shuttle coaster track (875') Rugrats Runaway Reptar: 1. =7th for highest family coaster (49') (Its not listed but the twin is there) Yeah, Australia has a few unique rides! :)

For a while the Tower of Terror was the fastest ride in the world getting up to 106mph in testing. I think that this is the right speed, but if it is wrong it is only by 1 or 2 mph. The Thunderbolt held the record for the fastest Double Loop coaster for a while also when it opened in 1982. But I was old enough to ride it then, so that is why I proberly remember it.

You forgot the giant drop (while not actually a rollercoaster, still worth a mention) Fastest free-fall ride in the world tallest free-fall ride in the world most advanced technology with the magnet synchronisation techniques used with the tot (not a real record, but still cool) first of a kind with a 8-across gondola