Article: Jamberoo unveils $20 million investment plan

Richard

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New info on Taipan - 4 4m high giant red snake heads to be put up at the entry & exits of ride tunnels - 2 3m wide tubular water slides - 2500 to 5000 people per hour - New second slide - It's equivalent to putting the park's 4 most popular rides together - Steeper acceleration lanes have been added along with a tighter radius on the turns - Conveyor to bring rafts to top - 8 shaded huts to be built for guest's comfort - Sand stone wall behind the ride to be 6m high & 80m long. On Monday i'll try to post the confirmed plan of the ride & it's logo.

• 4 weeks later...

Im not sure if anyone has herd or not...but i was watching the local news the other day and apparently a "nasty legal battle" has started between the owner of jamberoo action park and the local council. The council is claiming that Jamberoo has not stuck to the original plans passed by the local council. From what was said it seemed as though the park may have its hands full dealing with this and i'm guessing this would slow or even halt the parks future development?

Edited by Jake69

The council is claiming that Jamberoo has not stuck to the original plans passed by the local council.
Makes sense, the original plans only have one mammoth on it, however as Jamberoo Fan has posted they are doing 2 of these slides now. See for yourself on the right hand side: post-88-1184734089_thumb.jpg I fully acknowledge that AlexB took this photo.

The last discussions I had with Jamberoo Management, which was a fair while ago, the Mammoth was only pencilled. Essentially the idea is to release the original mammoth, and depending on IF it is too popular for its capacity, and IF they get approval, and IF they have the money, and IF it works, a second mammoth will be built, on the opposite side - hence the original mammoth never crosses the centre line of the raft conveyor. Its on the cards, but from what I have it is not set to go ahead as yet. Remember that these slides are all designed to conform to the land around it - so no ugly supports, they're all kept relatively close to the ground. I am unaware as yet if they have decided to go ahead with the second mammoth or not, but its a possibility. This won't affect any of the other constructions, it would seem that they are already approved and the only alteration being the second mammoth does not affect any of the other construction

Gee the watermark is fairly prominent for something usually used purely for identification purposes, but hey at least you can read it! :P I've seen the same plans Ash is talking about, it depicts two Dark Mammoths averaging about 166m in length. They both feature dual-loading although one is significantly longer than the other. From the plans, the height difference from splashdown to the top is about 17m. I would post the plans, but I'm not 100% sure on whether I'd be doing the right thing or not. Sorry guys... EDIT: Oh, and the plans are dated 22nd of November last year... The design is completely different to Alex B's too. If its perfectly fine to disclose them, let me know and I'll do my best, but I don't want to make anyone angry, that's all...

Edited by WnW_Rocks

There are two slides planed. I've seen plans for both.
Well.... if they make it out of wood, I certainly hope they plane it. I too have seen the double layout plans, theres no secret about it, all I was saying is the last time I spoke with Jamberoo it wasn't set in concrete. And the watermark on that particular image was because at the time I released it, I wasn't prepared to distribute the image freely. It gives you the ability to see whats on it without me risking unauthorised distribution.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...