Article: Jamberoo unveils $20 million investment plan

Richard

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As Jamberoo's Website is still taking shape these features have just appeared on the website (Some are old) - Day Planner - Online Tickets - Videos (including ride-on) of these rides - Alpine Chairlift - Billabong Beach children's water play area - Rapid River lazy river - Bobsled toboggan - Outback Bay wave pool - Surf Hill eight lane racer - The Rock 5m & 3m high jumping platform, tunnel slide, 8m long speed slide with 2m high "waterfall like drop" at end) - Park Brochure - New Food Outlets & Shelters webpage - Accomdation details (for full Jamberoo experience go for Belmore All-suite cause it is owned by them) - interactive & PDF park map - How to get there interactive driving directions page. - FAQ's - Colouring In Game - Jigsaw Puzzle Game - Ringtones of - Surf Hill - Billabong Beach - Outback Bay - Wallpapers - Contact us webpage - Customer Feedback webpage On the pack brochure look at the aerial view, the queue lines at the entrance and the traffic jam on the road (top) is very long. So you better get there before a lot of visitors come cause of the expansions. The cause of this is low capacity car park and small queue areas at rides and entrance.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Just wondering if any one knew, but Wet 'n' Wild and Jamberoo were swapping ideas between 2001 and 2006. Wet 'n' Wild told them the idea of building Surf Hill, Rapid River, Outback Bay & Mammoth River (even if it's not Australian Waterslides & Lesiures type) Jamberoo told Wet 'n' Wild the idea of Buccaneer Bay: Surrender To The Fun. This was read in a newspaper article.

Hey guys, i just asked Jamberoo about some questions. 1. Will the "The Rock" pool be heated. My Note - The Rock is 2 jumping platforms with 2 slides. It is the only non-heated ride in the park. So it must be terrifing to jump into freezing water! Jamberoo's Note - Give it time. Heating costs around $350,000 and will be implemented either through this season (September 2006 to April 2007) or before next season (September 2007 to April 2008). 2.Is the new mag-lev water rollercoaster really mag-lev or LIM? My Note - As Whitewater World is just about to reveal one of two LIM water rolercoasters in the world we believe that Jamberoo's is also LIM? Jamberoo's Note - Yes, the technology is mag-lev and when the mag-lev technology has been field tested we will invest in the ride. My Note - So i'm thinking that Proslide is still design the ride and when they test the ride and gives a thumbs up, Jamberoo will invest in it. 3. Is "Tornado Alley" the name of an area of the park or the ride made by Proslide. Jamberoo's note - At this stage we are discussing "The Taipan" (a dark mammoth ride) with Proslide, the future developments (Tornado Alley) will be depending on how we found Proslide’s quality of workmanship. The tornado Alley is a row of activities linked together, we may not end up doing this however we will certainly be putting in the Tornado as a development. My Note - What do they mean by "Activites"?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mag-Lev, or magnetic levitation is a friction free method of moving an object. Trains in Japan utilise Mag-Lev for cross city transportation, and this is a very slow method of transport. it moves very slowly, because: a) the trains do not need to move fast, they are intended to bypass gridlocked city streets, and even at their snails pace, the "green light" highway that they have in the sky is still faster than crossing the city by car. B) mag-lev doesn't really have adjustable speed. they can go really slow, which is cost efficient, and safe, not to mention easier on the electricity. High Speed mag-lev is really only efficient for high speed over short distances. for transportation like a train, the high speeds would draw a lot of power, and the mechanisms would heat up quite fast, and require incredible cooling. I have personally spoken to management at the park, and they confirm the terminology of Magnetic Levitation is correct for describing the pro slide technology. Since this is not a rollercoaster, pro-slide may refer to their use of LIM technology as Magnetic Levitation, since the technologies are so very similar. I believe the development of LIM and LSM was based from the idea of Magnetic Levitation. I will speculate either way. yes, WWW use LIM technology, but this doesnt mean that pro slide have not got a mag lev style technology up their sleeve which will be installed in to Jamberoo. we will have to wait until it is installed before we know for sure now.... won't we.... on the subject of tornado alley, it will be a short series of them bundled closely together, offering similar but different experiences.

post-152-1167126102_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that Alex! i have been waiting for some plans. So it looks like the park is getting -2- tornado attractions! And the lineup looks like its going to rival WWW, there is a massive tornado that puts the current one to shame, -3- bowl slides (finally the body side version) and all this on top of their currently respectable line up. Cant see the rocket slide though. Good luck to em i say, didn't someone mention that they might fast track everything if it does well?

Thanks for that Alex! i have been waiting for some plans. So it looks like the park is getting -2- tornado attractions! And the lineup looks like its going to rival WWW, there is a massive tornado that puts the current one to shame, -3- bowl slides (finally the body side version) and all this on top of their currently respectable line up. Cant see the rocket slide though. Good luck to em i say, didn't someone mention that they might fast track everything if it does well?
I can just see WWW pass holders ditching their WWW passes for a Jamberoo one. :D

LOL. Yeah I meant it just as a figure of speech. To expand, I don't really think a ProBowl is the best idea, I've heard stories of it hurting your back and stuff. However that is not the only reason, there is newer safer technology avaliable. Some plummets would be a good idea or another dark mammoth. I just feel that Probowls arent exactly the best technology avaliable for such an upgrade. I don't go near Woolongong so I don't really care. I will never even go to Jamberoo.

Thanks for that Alex! i have been waiting for some plans. So it looks like the park is getting -2- tornado attractions! And the lineup looks like its going to rival WWW
I agree that it all sounds excellent BUT it is all just talk. Any park can say "over the next 10 years we are going to put in some amazing rides" but whether or not it actually happens is another story. The fact is in 10 years time these slides they have planned will be very out-dated. Are they still going to want to put them in when ProSlide has come out with so many better slides in the meantime? I'm sorry but I just don't trust a park which is planning what ride they'll be putting in in 2017. If they were only talking about what they have planned for the next year or 2 that would make much more sense. Here's hoping they do fast track most of these plans

I'll try and answer as many questions as I can. As far as the 10 year planning, it has been said by management that should pro-slide come out with better technology between now and when they are ready for their next attraction, then an upgrade would be considered. You need to realise here that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these slides will be tailored to fit the terrain around it. Jamberoo is built on the side of a hill, and all of the slides work their way down it, starting with dark mammoth. As far as dark mammoth goes, there WILL be a second one in the future. if you draw a line down the plans for dark mammoth (which is exactly where the raft lift will go) you will notice that the mammoth never crosses that line - this is so that another can be added to the other side of the raft lift in the future - a bit like how WnW do their mammoth tower. As far as where is the lazy river? you are looking right at it on that plan. the slides all pour into a wiggly blue line, that is a complete circle - this is your lazy river.... you can pretty much splashdown off a tornado, or a bowl, remain on your raft and float lazily around the river. Billabong Beach is not going to be a pro slide attraction (as far as i know) and as this set of plans only details the proslide 10 year plan, that would notably be left off. For those trying to get their bearings on the park, the blue circle indicating the lazy river will be in the place that the go kart track currently sits. I believe the new Billabong Beach will be inside this lazy river. Differently to the slides up on the gold coast and elsewhere, jamberoo have made some custom modifications to their slides, which will improve capacity, improve the safety, and in some cases the design of the ride. I can tell you having experienced these particular rides both with and without these modifications, that they will be well worth it, and make for a much more comfortable ride. The current plan as I know it to be is that the slides listed on the plans are slated to be installed at periods throughout the ten year period. If something better or more suited comes along that will fit into the park without the need for massive stilts and supports, then the park may elect to change as the technology changes. Jamberoo will continue to build its image as a place where "you control the action" so hands on attractions like slides and so on are a must. Obviously technology will improve over time, but they are all variations on the same thing - you either sit on a mat, a tube, or your butt, and slide down a wet fibreglass chute until you splash into the bottom. having a varied set of these makes the experience different, and to this end, certain slides that some people don't find too appealing here will be installed, because unlike those people here, the general public won't give a toss, so long as the slide gives them the right amount of adrenalin rush, and splashes them into a pool - preferably filled with water - at the end. I think I have answered everything here - so I will leave with the answer to the last question: The rocket does not appear on these plans. As you have no doubt noticed, the plans I have posted have a BIG AND BOLD "CONFIDENTIAL" stamp on them. I was the first member of the media permitted to get an up close and detailed shot of these plans. The rocket slide however is being more closely guarded. I have seen it, but as yet, copies may not be made of this slide because it will be the big one, it will be worth it, and jamberoo needs to protect their investment. As a little p.s. - please think of the special thing Jamberoo is trying to do here - a waterpark without stilts, poles or pylons. I have yet to go to a waterpark in australia that does not have stilts and pylons everywhere, not to mention that jamberoo is not, and will not be a concrete jungle like other waterparks I know. plenty of grass, plenty of space to relax in the shade and cool off, and before you leave, what other waterpark offers you the chance to blow dry before leaving, by travelling 10 metres in the air for 5 minutes, at 10km/h, followed by travelling 5 centimetres off the ground for 40 seconds at 60km/h+???

Edited by Adam

Now whos the one complaining? What they are doing with the lazy river is what i have been wanting a park here to adopt for ages: "transportainment". People here have complained about how at parks they get hot feet and have to buy aqua shoes etc, now Jamberoo is doing a relaxing and fun solution to this problem. And really, these plans were drawn up by a Manufacturer with years of experience, together with the owners of this sucessful park. Im sure they would have thought through the practical considerations in terms of tube numbers, signage etc for far longer than the five minutes it took you to find a supposed 'problem'. Im pretty much loving what Jameberoo are doing here, for those of you who find the probowl "gross" you can just ride the Beheomoth or Cannon bowls which are being built there too. Personally i like slides that are are a bit rough and throw you around, they feel so out of control so i cant wait to get on a pro bowl (though i might get to go on one sooner if i head to the US next year) And yes its great too how all the slides are going to follow the terrain, it always looks so nice when you are down at ground level weaving through trees etc, many of our smaller parks have slides like this, and even white water mountain (one of my favourite water attractions for this reason) does this. Though I was wondering this too, what is going to happen to the old kids area and lazy river? and allthough you cant say what the layout is like, where will the rocket slide be going in general?

That lazy river idea is crap. They are going to have to buy so many tubes, the river is going to have to be extremely wide and they are going to have to have good signage saying what tube is permitted on what ride.
Geez do you always have to be so negative myk? The park is expanding, can't you just be happy??? Afterall it's the new slides that count and you shouldn't complain about the small details. Hehehe... sweet revenge. Ofcourse I am only joking, unlike some roller-coaster.com.au users I can handle reading various opinions, positive or negative. This park would thrash WhiteWater World without a doubt IF it was all built tomorrow. But seeing it will take another 10 years to get all these attractions, I'm sure WWW will have grown by then. Definitely a big positive though and great to see a decent park for the people of NSW who are in desperate need of an attraction like this. I'm also a fan of the 'transportainment' (as Gazza puts it) river

I have personally spoken to management at the park, and they confirm the terminology of Magnetic Levitation is correct for describing the pro slide technology. Since this is not a rollercoaster, pro-slide may refer to their use of LIM technology as Magnetic Levitation, since the technologies are so very similar. I believe the development of LIM and LSM was based from the idea of Magnetic Levitation. I will speculate either way. yes, WWW use LIM technology, but this doesnt mean that pro slide have not got a mag lev style technology up their sleeve which will be installed in to Jamberoo. we will have to wait until it is installed before we know for sure now.... won't we....
It's very easy to get these things confused but I can say with 100% confidence that magnetic levitation simply isn't possible on a water slide. All current Maglev systems require magnets ABOVE and BELOW the primary track to keep the vehicle suspended (much like wheels above and below a roller coaster track). The water slide at Jamberoo will be powered by linear induction motors; exactly the same as WhiteWater World's version. Edited by Adam

I am just expressing an opinion here, and like I said, I won't go to Jamberoo so I don't even care. Don't have a go at me for throwing something out there. I'm not complaining, I just hope they don't get complaints when asian tourists don't understand the concept.