Article: Sydney Wildlife World Opens

Jamberoo Fan

Sydney Wildlife World Opening  

6 members have voted

1. 1. With the opening of Sydney Wildlife World how could this change the popularity of Taronga Zoo?

• More Popular
    • Less Popular
    • The Same
    • Can't Decide

This place is mainly for international tourists to see local wildlife only & to make lots of money doing so. Where as Taronga is a non-profit business operating at constant near losses. Defintely i could'nt agree more, SWW has been built to cash in on international tourists, which will prove successful. Although Taronga is the premier zoo probaly one of the best in Australia she will be dealt a enormous blow. You could spend the whole day there and not see everything, but SWW you would only have to spend half a day at the max to see everything. Which the international tourists will probaly want to do spend halve a day instead of a whole day.

It's been about 12 years since I was at Taronga, but my feeling is that it is more geared towards locals and a generally domestic audience, with a focus on animals of the world rather than native creatures. My thinking is it'll definitely feel the pressure of another CBD-accessible wildlife park, but I believe it's such an Australian instutition that there will always be a way for it to survive. An interesting on article on the matter can be seen here: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/is-tar...7827160838.html

• 1 year later...