Seaworlds New 2006 Attraction

mattcrombie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure thats where it will be going, as I think where your talking about is where Thrillseeker was, and where this Giveaway booth is. I believe it is opposite the area where all the shops are, and chairs and tables. For the positioning of the ride, I believe that one side will look towards Bermuda Triangle's Loading Dock, and the Splashdown for Vikings Revenge, and the other side looks in the direction of Southport, and Polar Bear Shores.

Got some interesting news people The new Seaworld Attraction is the Ferris wheel aka 'Seaworld Eye' as we all know. Here is some info about it. Its Coming from Birmingham England and will be arriving on Australia shores anytime next week. It was know as the Birmingham Eye and has been running for 3 years there. Its Owned by the World Tourist Attractions Ltd. These are the gondolas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/danieldainty/128812947/ It will be 3 x's the size of the corkscrew in height, 60m It will arrive in 100 shipping containers It will take 1 week to Build and set up It will offer a 15-minute ride - in 42 six-seater gondolas Its already painted a white and blue to fit in with Seaworld Opening date is roughly on the 3rd of December. Here are some interesting links. Check them out. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...nds/5317602.stm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_wheel Cheers.

It's a Ronald Bussink designed ride, and they generally outsource manufacturing. I had originally heard Chance-Morgan was the manufacturer of Sea World's wheel - they are the company behind the identical R60 Giant Wheel that is found at Niagara Falls, but sounds like a second hand installation is the go. It's actually only two years old - the temporary model from Paris operated in Birmingham for three months, but it wasn't until October 2004 (this day two years ago actually) that this model was installed. The company responsible for the design and construction of the individual gondolas is CWA Constructions, who you might remember recently designed the Scenic Skyway and Flyway cabins at Scenic World. They're also responsible for the monorail trains at Sea World. The gondolas are fully airconditioned so it'll be a very comfortable ride.

This will be a FANTASTIC addition to the park and the perfect park to place it in. I can't wait to go on another Aussie first when I go to QLD in March next year. It will certainly keep up with the family market which they seem to be targeting at Sea World.

Great choice Seaworld!!! :D Even though it's 2 years old, it still looks really new and the gondala's look really comfortable. I really can't complain about this addition, Sea World really needed a ride like this. And even though it's not a thrill ride or coaster, Its Australia's biggest and newest ferris wheel (until 2008 when the Melbourne's answer to the London Eye is built). Anyway, If it's an Australian record then I'm there, and I can't wait for Tsunami next year (another Australian First) :D . CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

Play a game of "wait and see' with regards to how long its there for. Supposedly the decision on whether to keep it permanently hasn't been made, and it depends on the popularity of the ride. Still, if its going to succeed in any park its Seaworld, since its the only Gold Coast park with any real views to show off. Good move, its the right ride for the right park. Plus the 1000 or so people per hour capacity will be very welcome given the high number of yearly passes floating around at the moment.

Now that's one hell of a Wheel!! Nice one SW!!! Hey I thought SW was restricted on how high it can build it's attractions (ppl on these boards have said countless times before) Maybe if that is true, they can only lease it for short periods at a time till they can convince the GC city council otherwise (which shouldnt be hard if it does well, i'm sure it will!!)

You know what, I've been wondering the same thing myself. The thing is I know the entire spit has a 3 story height restriction, and considering the height was alleged to have been one of the reasons the water park tower wasn't demolished a couple of years back (and that's from people who supposedly 'know') I got no idea. Maybe the Gold Coast City Council realise all of a sudden how much the parks do for the area, or because its temporary it doesn't count? I dunno, but I don't care, its too good a ride.