Seaworlds New 2006 Attraction

mattcrombie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Interesting! Not much of a view out at MW though. Even so, it's a great family friendly attraction for any Park - even at WetnWild. If they did put it at MW, they would perhap have to seriously consider it's placement by the back of house areas - it's not a good look seeing cast members in costumes smoking or furries with their heads off!

• 2 months later...

PREMIER Peter Beattie has told opponents of the proposed super yacht marina at The Spit on the Gold Coast that the project will go ahead. ``Thinking people will support this ... it's a done deal,'' he said. ``We want The Spit to be world class and it will be. This will be a successful, balanced development and we'll get a lot of (private) interest. ``We set the rules and the rules are the ones I have spelled out.'' The proposal is for more than 10ha of prime Crown land at The Spit south of Seaworld to be offered to private developers. The land will be used for the construction of super yacht facilities, marinas, berths for the fishing fleet, shops, restaurants, hotels and units. I was just thinking when this development goes ahead what will be the height limit on the new restaurants, hotels and units. Since it looks like the state government is overriding the local government on want can be built on the spit it might work to Seaworlds favour in the future.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't this redevelopment of the old trawler docks south of Seaworld? I assumed it was relating primarily to that area in response to the issues raised with the trawlers selling their 'catch' on the old docks; and these actions having serious health and safety issues for general customers. Besides, I don't wanna sound like a broken record, but if they are talking about north of Seaworld than I don't mind either... might get rid of seringes and garbage littered around the northern tip.