Seaworlds New 2006 Attraction

mattcrombie

I got the low down on the new Attraction that is coming our way at Seaworld just recently. Im happy to say its definitely a eye opener and you will all be intrested. The Halfpipe has been confirmed and ordered so thats coming next year... But keep guessing for the new one this year. Thats it for now. B)

Edited by mattcrombie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tony don't worry, I'll join up on zen as soon as possible - Just give me the website! I'll post my trip reports and Tornado review up there as well. Anyway, back on topic. I'm guessing it is going to be a London EYE type Ferris wheel. Because how mattcrombie described the new addition:

I got the low down on the new Attraction that is coming our way at Seaworld just recently. Im happy to say its definitely a eye opener and you will all be intrested.
Hence the "EYE opener" coment. :huh: I completly suck at this!!!! :wacko: Coaster Boy 6

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbbled along this topic again and noticed a few of you talking about a Ferris wheel going on the site.. NICE! Does anyone know if this is going to be a Big mutha like DCA's?? That would be cool with the sliding buckets etc.. Not to mention it would look great on the Spit skyline.. Kind of like a seaside fair..

On top of the old "Thrill seeker " coaster site they are apparently putting in a Big Arse Ferris Wheel.. Don't know the details on what exactly it will look like or how big it will be. Something like DCA's SunWheel would be waaaay cool though.. Anyone know more?? Time to start spilling your gutz.. PLEEEEEEEASE!

I think it would add to the Park's image for a few good reasons 1. Provides an unbeatable view over the GC's waters and surrounds 2. Acts as a beacon and a Landmark to attract visitors 3. Provides another good solid Attraction to the Park that appeals to all ages But your right, advertising it alone on TV would be pretty lame.. maybe it could be wrapped up in a big bow with a few other draws for the season (such as a re-hashed Serpant Slayers night show on the ski lake?)

I thought the addition for new year was the new roller coaster "Tsunami"?! Anyways, If this is true that they are putting in a Ferris wheel. I would love to see one such as one found at Disney Land in California, One where the cargage's slide etc. But I also feel this would make a great addition to the parks sky line, It would also give a fanatastic view of the beaches, ocean, park, city etc.

I think it would add to the Park's image for a few good reasons 1. Provides an unbeatable view over the GC's waters and surrounds 2. Acts as a beacon and a Landmark to attract visitors 3. Provides another good solid Attraction to the Park that appeals to all ages But your right, advertising it alone on TV would be pretty lame.. maybe it could be wrapped up in a big bow with a few other draws for the season (such as a re-hashed Serpant Slayers night show on the ski lake?)
You never know Seaworld could have an add for the whole park its self and show the ferris-wheel in it and not just have a single add for it which i agree would be lame. I also think if it was big enough it would change the look of surfers like Q1 did. Edited by aidan

Yes it is a Ferris Wheel. Will be placed in the old thrillSeeker location. The Ferris Wheel is Second hand and is currently getting pulled down from its location and being shipped here. They say Christmas for opening. but I think they will struggle for a opening so soon of a large attraction. Tsunami is next year in 2007 Chaos-Maniac. I already mentioned that.

^second hand? ewww.. that seems a little dodgy to me. I mean, a big kick arse brand new ferris wheel is what 5 million bucks at the most? Especially coming from a group that almost always buys things brand new. I hope it is atleast a decent second hand and gets a bit of refreshing before installing so it doesn't look temporary. As for setting it up, I'd say that would only take a month tops

Edited by MickeyD