The Demon

mickey_079

I have heard people say that The Demon was a crap (excuse my language) ride and that they didn't enjoy it. I actually really liked this ride, but I was just wondering what you people thought of it. (you happy goliath, i edited just for u! :angry: )

Edited by mickey_079

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the Demon, too bad the park sucked when I went...my brother spent the whole time going "it was much better in 99...hanna barbera land was over there..this and that was there it use to be better". If I remember correctly it was my first steel roller coaster.

He edited it. Anyway to answer the question, IMO, Demon sucked.
Him editing his post has nothing to do with you mispelling on yours..which is what Bussy was pointing out.

lol thanks for sticking up for me guys :P Yeah it was my first steel looping coaster as well. I agree, the park wasn't that good when it lost it's contract with Hanna Barbera. But the last day it was open it really didn't suck at all and the atmosphere was great, if only they kept that up the park still may of been open to this day.

Edited by mickey_079

I loved the Demon, too bad the park sucked when I went...my brother spent the whole time going "it was much better in 99...hanna barbera land was over there..this and that was there it use to be better". If I remember correctly it was my first steel roller coaster. Him editing his post has nothing to do with you mispelling on yours..which is what Bussy was pointing out.
Oh God, the ignorance. The misspelled word would have made made sense if Mickey hadn't edited his post. Get over it.

lol, in that case i have NO idea, sorry. While we are talking about the Demon. Does anyone know of any incidents that happened on the demon? I remember that on the 2nd lift hill (the hill that you decline backwards) the carriage got stuck. Im not sure how long, I was to young to remember.

Oh God, the ignorance. The misspelled word would have made made sense if Mickey hadn't edited his post. Get over it.
Well dont know about you but I read the post after Mickey edited his post and both posts made sense however you're post saying that mickey edited his post had nothing to do with you miss spelling heard. I'd also like to point out that I, like you, am a member of this community and there for I am allowed to make a comment on a post as I see fit providing it is within the rules of postage..it is called having an opinion and is human nature so please get over yourself before you tell others to get over a topic.

lol, in that case i have NO idea, sorry. While we are talking about the Demon. Does anyone know of any incidents that happened on the demon? I remember that on the 2nd lift hill (the hill that you decline backwards) the carriage got stuck. Im not sure how long, I was to young to remember.
I am sure Bussy will be happy to tell you about some. I can recall quite vividly when the cable snapped while the train was going up the lift. (Infact I remember it happened twice) Getting stuck there (on lift 2) was fairly regular. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary at all. It got stuck once (back in about 97 or 98 my memory is getting bad) on the track between the teardrop & the boomerang. They had to get ladders to get everyone off the ride there. Bussy, I will let you take it up from here...

Thanks Wazza. As Wazza said Demon getting stuck on lift 2 or at the bottom of lift 2 was common. I remember the last cable snap on Demon very well. It was very luck that no one was hurt, including the operator. The funniest thng that happened not just on Demon but on all rides was someone spewing. It was even better on Demon because you could see exactly who was going to spew as the train pulled into the station and there was nothing you or the guest could do to stop them getting covered in it because 99% of the time they would still be locked in when it came out. "The Bus is now leaving for Hurley Heights, NSW"

Well dont know about you but I read the post after Mickey edited his post and both posts made sense however you're post saying that mickey edited his post had nothing to do with you miss spelling heard. I'd also like to point out that I, like you, am a member of this community and there for I am allowed to make a comment on a post as I see fit providing it is within the rules of postage..it is called having an opinion and is human nature so please get over yourself before you tell others to get over a topic.
Calm down lisalila, I never told you to 'get over the topic', I told you to get over the spelling mistake. Just for you, I'll make the text nice and big so you can understand the situation. The spelling mistake was done on purpose for comedic effect. It did make sense before Mickey edited his post. Now can you please drop this? No one really cares that you didn't understand my post (including me). It's very petty, and I'm sure it's getting annoying for people who are just trying to read this thread.

Yeah seriously guys c'mon, it's the past, stop focusing on the past and concentrate on the present. About the cable snapping... WHAT THE! Wouldn't the cable flick back and hit operators and riders? Like you know when an elastic band snaps and comes back and flicks you. And what caused this to snap?