WLS...Best? Fairest?.. Who remembers these Moments Awards?

mnemo

Oh and lets add a couple of memories for good measure... * There was a charlie at Dodgems because the guest had somehow entangled himself in the seatbelt, hence the ride was stuck with a person still on it. *A girl on speed slide who insisted she rode with her lycra top on, only to become stuck after the first dip. Using initiative, she then stood up only to slip, and again and again. *The Powerpuff girl that misjudged her step and fell of the stage. Note: Buttercup doesnt fly in real life *When Norman the ram was free of his leash in the Outback Woolshed and was about to 'play a game' with one of the sheep, live on stage (lets just say it wasnt in the programme!) *The largish woman who jumped on the jumbo bean filled sheep display in the Outback Woolshed and burst it... sending thousands of little beans all over the shop. *The complaint that Wonderland supported "witchery and satanism" because of the spells used in the Jungle Jive holiday kiddies show *The Scandalus star that approached an operator and demanded VIP treatment... only to be inflamed by comments and abuse by other riders that 'she cant sing for %#&$' *A certain supervisor being stuck on the skyrider taking a shortcut, only to be radioed by the ops manager who asked for their location *Finding unexpected guests in the bushes after the Utopia rave, and the hoons who tried to break into the Outback Restaurant to steal alcohol *The Super Hero Headquarters... a shop!?! Oh, and the amazing street parade... on those quads. *Wonderland's last attraction - the Tiger Cubs. *The oooh's and ahhh's during windy days at Bush Beast... will the train get over the curve? *The old westfield car park greeter that became the Wonderland Express which conviniently shut down when driven in excess of 5 km/h *The staff Xmas party where a employee sang the song "Take This Job and Shove It' in front of management. Encore!! Great memories!!!

* There was a charlie at Dodgems because the guest had somehow entangled himself in the seatbelt, hence the ride was stuck with a person still on it.
You forgot to mention that the guy was at least 120kg's and only just managed to fit into the car.
*A girl on speed slide who insisted she rode with her lycra top on, only to become stuck after the first dip. Using initiative, she then stood up only to slip, and again and again.
I had a girl who freaked out on the Speed Slide, she was only about 2 meters from the gate when she stopped and wouldn't go forward or back. I was called to help, I ended up having for 'walk' on the slippery metal grate between the sldes to talk her all the way down.
*The Scandalus star that approached an operator and demanded VIP treatment... only to be inflamed by comments and abuse by other riders that 'she cant sing for %#&$'
Not to mention Nicki Webster.
*A certain supervisor being stuck on the skyrider taking a shortcut, only to be radioed by the ops manager who asked for their location
One Sunday, there was only me and one other supervisor on for the whole park. It had been a pretty quiet day with very few radio calls. We thought it would be a good idea to go and have a ride on the helicopter. Anyway the other supervisor went up first and almost as the chopper lifted off he got a radio call from the manager. So I answered for him saying that he was busy. Anyway 5 minutes or so later when he came back I got on the next flight, the exact same thing happened, the manager called me so the other supervisor had to answer for me and pretend he was me.
*Wonderland's last attraction - the Tiger Cubs.
Like John Cleese, don't mention the lion cubs.
*The old westfield car park greeter that became the Wonderland Express which conviniently shut down when driven in excess of 5 km/h
Ahh, the Wonderland Express, what a piece of ****. We did a function one night at the Beach, again it was me and the same supervisor as the helicopter incident. We were using the train to run people down the the back of the Beach as it was pissing down. At one point I managed to drop the key somewhere between the security post and the Beach. After about 30 minutes of searching in the pouring rain, while it was dark, with a torch that didn't work to well I found the keys in a puddle. To top that off when the function finished we loaded everyone up on the train, it was more than full, and would the train move, no. I had the wheels spinning I was giving it that much. Anyway after about 10 minutes of that we decided that half of the people would have to walk up to security in the pouring rain as the train wasn't going to go anywhere with all those people on it. I then got back into the drivers seat and realised that I hadn't released the air brakes and that's why it wasn't going anywhere. "The Bus is now leaving for Expressman Downs, Queensland"

One Sunday, there was only me and one other supervisor on for the whole park. It had been a pretty quiet day with very few radio calls. We thought it would be a good idea to go and have a ride on the helicopter. Anyway the other supervisor went up first and almost as the chopper lifted off he got a radio call from the manager. So I answered for him saying that he was busy. Anyway 5 minutes or so later when he came back I got on the next flight, the exact same thing happened, the manager called me so the other supervisor had to answer for me and pretend he was me.
Funny you mention that, There was one young Security staffer who had a similar experience, he was meant to be patrolling the defunct HB area when he got the call from the helitours girl that there was a spare seat on the next flight so off he went. Only problem was it was the full Sydney Harbour tour and he was radioed by his superviser whilst he was out over Double Bay and asked his 10/20 (location) to which he tried the old "on the toilet" story. I think the sound of the chopper gave it away and needless to say he was severly reprimanded and given his final warning over it. He left not too long after that. Helitours was instructed NOT to take any Wonderland employees up whilst they were on duty. I was lucky enough to have got a freebie prior to that incident.

anyone remember the day that a certain undersized female security guard was driving the fire truck to take the billy tea staff out to the shearing shed for the mornings billy tea, when she rolled it? Joanne from HR "running" to her golden camry, and every man and his dog who had a car on the backstage side of post racing out to the carpark, while those with radios who stayed behind listening to the frantic calls going out on the air... I did a helitour once myself while working in Memories... they wanted promo shots for their brochures... and picked a day that was stormy and overcast... but since the pilot had already removed the window from the back seat, it had to be done then and there...

anyone remember the day that a certain undersized female security guard was driving the fire truck to take the billy tea staff out to the shearing shed for the mornings billy tea, when she rolled it? Joanne from HR "running" to her golden camry, and every man and his dog who had a car on the backstage side of post racing out to the carpark, while those with radios who stayed behind listening to the frantic calls going out on the air... I did a helitour once myself while working in Memories... they wanted promo shots for their brochures... and picked a day that was stormy and overcast... but since the pilot had already removed the window from the back seat, it had to be done then and there...
Yes. There was an attractions staff member in the "Striker" who was being taken out to the show, she was pretty shaken. As for Joanne it would be more like "rolling" than "running", I could never understand why she had a radio. "The Bus is now leaving for The Rolling Ground, NSW"

Joanne from HR "running" to her golden camry
This would beone of her company cars (she later had a commodore) which the on site mechanics would have nightmares about servicing, she had or has a skin condition where she would shed bucket loads of peeled skin and her cars were full of the skin all over the seat, console and floor of the cars and considering her size there was plenty to go round.

This would beone of her company cars (she later had a commodore) which the on site mechanics would have nightmares about servicing, she had or has a skin condition where she would shed bucket loads of peeled skin and her cars were full of the skin all over the seat, console and floor of the cars and considering her size there was plenty to go round.
And lots of talcum powder too!!!

I remember one day when me and my friends went, whilst waiting in the queue area my friend somehow managed to drop his hat in the ring:S Many people tried picking it up as the drove past and then one couple tried but somehow ride right over the thing... but then it wasnt there... the hat had gotten caught up in the wheels and they had to stop the ride and get the hat out... he went in with a white hat, came out with a black one... awww that was a fun day

Yes I remember that actually... Funnily enough I was supposed to go to the Out the Back show that very day the car rolled... someone was looking after me. We had many adventures with the old ambulance/fire trucks. Funnily enough thats where i learnt to drive manual!! By the way... remember the days the food & bev staff ran out of butter for the damper bread, and used the garlic butter (as used on Garlic bread) instead. Very un-australian.

• 4 months later...

i just wanted to say thanks for the storys all. im almost 31 now but class myself as one of the lucky ones who had a wonderpass from the first year til I was about 19 or 20. I then moved around nth nsw to brisbane for 10 years and now in central nsw for the past 12 months. I wanted to make it to wonderlands last day but didnt. while i never worked there reading these storys had me laughing. I found this forum via google looking for infor on a local show coming up. so far wonderland has been the only thread ive looked at. its brought back heaps of memories. the one about the girl freezing on the speed slid I could of sworn was me. I was about 10 and the slide was near the gold rush area at the time. (20 years ago) my brother had been on it several times and told me to try it. I got to the top but I just would not go down. the guy at the top tried pushing me and everything but in the end they sent the toboggin thingy down without me and i climbed the steps all the way back down again with my bro laughing at me the whole time.