question about demolotion timeline

deano

hi all, As I have a 3000 word essay due tomorrow I was engaging in some time honoured procrastination on the Wonderland closure photography website, and whilst reading the demolition timeline noticed something a little odd which I though one of the more knowledgeable types around here may be able to assist with. Why is it that the Wonderland gates shut forever on Anzac day and yet the rides still ran and were repaired after closure (see cut and pasted information below). What possible reason could there be for FIXING the snowy river rampage or running space probe? Were these staff or private functions? Seems odd, as I would have though closure equals no more rides and definitely no more upkeep. I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, but it is late, I'm tired and I'm still staring down another 800 words so please, satisfy my curiosity. cheers, Dean Anzac Day - April 25, 2004 The gates shut for the last time. Wonderland is now Closed forever! June 16 2004 The yellow Bush Beast train was sitting at the top of the lift hill. Dragons Flight, Merry-Go-Round and Baby Bumpers were put in shipping containers and sent to 'Sunway Lagoon' Malaysia July 3 2004 The Demon was completing several cycles. Snowy river rampage has been fixed. Bountys Revenge got a new motor. Aug 7 2004 The space probe and the demon were operating and the guysers on the snowy river rampage where going off.

Edited by deano

hi all, As I have a 3000 word essay due tomorrow I was engaging in some time honoured procrastination on the Wonderland closure photography website, and whilst reading the demolition timeline noticed something a little odd which I though one of the more knowledgeable types around here may be able to assist with. Why is it that the Wonderland gates shut forever on Anzac day and yet the rides still ran and were repaired after closure (see cut and pasted information below). What possible reason could there be for FIXING the snowy river rampage or running space probe? Were these staff or private functions? Seems odd, as I would have though closure equals no more rides and definitely no more upkeep. I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, but it is late, I'm tired and I'm still staring down another 800 words so please, satisfy my curiosity. cheers, Dean Anzac Day - April 25, 2004 The gates shut for the last time. Wonderland is now Closed forever! June 16 2004 The yellow Bush Beast train was sitting at the top of the lift hill. Dragons Flight, Merry-Go-Round and Baby Bumpers were put in shipping containers and sent to 'Sunway Lagoon' Malaysia July 3 2004 The Demon was completing several cycles. Snowy river rampage has been fixed. Bountys Revenge got a new motor. Aug 7 2004 The space probe and the demon were operating and the guysers on the snowy river rampage where going off.
Yes we did run the rides sometimes on a weekly basis and other times just for something to do as we were all there having bbq breakfast and lunch every day and between bbqs it got boring so we used to do some silly things like ride the rides and videotape ourselves on them and just float around doing the odd job like pulling down things that had been sold etc etc. Snowy never was fixed after closure and Bounty's did not have a motor repaced after closure.

About Bounty's motor, the motor in it was NEVER and i repeat NEVER replaced since opening, the spare motor was still there with the original serial code on it. There was never a problem with the motor so there would be no reason to change it. And DJ, how do we know that you worked there? I'm not saying you don't, I just think it would of been cool to work there.

How do we know? For one thing I remember him from the maintenance department. I also worked there. I know there are several people here who can attest to that. "The Bus is now leaving for Workman Well, Western Australia"
If you have been reading out at www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----.com or surfing the wonderland boards for much time at all, you will know that DJ has a plethora of information concerning WLS that could only have been gleaned from working there. Besides relocating the demon, and being one of the people who contributed so much information to www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----.com himself, I think its safe to say he worked there long enough. Besides of which, I also worked there - there are many former wls employees on these boards...

• 2 weeks later...

The rides were for sale, or were going to another park somewhere so had to be maintained. Rides have to run, just like cars, to keep them going. If not things tend to seize up and you can get a lot of problems when trying to start them back up again. "The Bus is now leaving for Seisia, Queensland"