Halloween at Warner Bros. Movie World

Adam

As a 1st for Gold Coast theme parks, Warner Bros. Movie World will host a fantastic night-time event to celebrate Halloween! On Tuesday 31st October, from 5.45pm to 9.00pm, join Scooby and the Mystery Inc gang for a night of ghoulish fun and scary antics with your favourite characters and some spooky special guests including Beetlejuice. There’ll be loads of entertainment and a great atmosphere down Main St with thrills and chills on the Big Screen, lots of ghostly games to play and prizes for the best fancy dress! All this, plus the fun of Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, Shrek 4-D Adventure, Looney Tunes Village, Batman Adventure – The Ride 2, Superman Escape and more! Plus free Trick or Treat for the kids presented by Cadbury. So, stay tuned for more information on how to get into some Spooky Fun at Warner Bros. Movie World on Tuesday 31st October from 5.45pm – 9.00pm!
Sound's interesting. I wonder if they'll decorate the park much.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember this will be a one day thing so dont except anything on a American or Europe park scale seeing there events go for most of October. It will be Family based focusing more on kids but the rides will be open. Im sure they will still do a good job as movieworld always do. I will be in Orlando and Knotts experiencing the real scary Halloween experience and hope in the future Movieworld take this route or Dreamworld change Screamworld to October with scary themes. If it works in Europe and the UK im sure the Aussie market will get behind it, Just look at Rock My World last friday there was around 2000 there and they were all locals aged around 16 to 45 and thats proof locals are always up for something different.

Sounds Good, I thought they should have done something like that before. It wont be anything like the american ones though. Knotts do an Awesome job. There are all Mazes with some scary Sh*t in them and People walking around scarying you with effects of Smoke, loud music and not to mention all the rides open and so much fun. I was there this time last year. Also Tokyo Disneyland is great at Halloween, you walk up to a Staff member with a Pumkin bucket and say trick a treat and u get candy.... I wanna go back now...lol

Edited by mattcrombie

I think Movie world is the only aussie park doing a halloween thing this year. Hopefully Dreamworld will do a halloween theme next year because they are really good at making those walk through mazes really freaky.

Edited by aidan

• 3 weeks later...
They sold 7000 tickets. That is massive. Good luck getting on any rides.
They'll need more than good luck. When my sisters & i went to the 1st screamworld they only sold 2,000 tickets but DW was packed as. The only ride we got on was the claw. They then sold 1,000 for the 3rd one which i went to and it was awesome. Got on all of the rides. But 7,000 tickets is way too excessive. They'll be heaps of people complaining about the queue lines.

Sounds great. Even 6,000 people is a bit much for Movie World. Halloween events overseas are traditionally pretty packed, but without the mazes and other attractions they have, Movie World's certainly going to pretty packed out. What'll really make the difference is whether they got families or teenagers. It's quite possible that even with 6,000 people Superman Escape and possibly even Lethal Weapon won't have queues that are too long, hoping that they're both running two trains. I wouldn't dare go near Scooby-Doo all night. Without a doubt it'll have the biggest queues given its family-friendly nature and Halloween-esque theming. No losses here of course because it's exactly the same ride at any time of the day. Same goes with Batman - save it for a day visit. This certainly sets a precedent for a bigger and better event next year. I'd like to see them maybe raise the price to around $30 and extend the event to be a week long and go all-out with several big mazes and temporary night-only Halloween attractions.

Well, last summer I went to the park on a couple of days, and for each day I was told the attendance was around 7000 (probably higher because of the way the ticketing was working last summer), and the only line in the park longer then 15-20min was 1 hour each for Scooby and Wild West. Having said that, I think 6000 might prove to be a bit oversold, particularly if Wild West doesn't open. Still the crowd of 6000 is easily enough to justify a second train on Superman, Road Runner and Lethal (3500 is the number the park normally goes by), so as long as the trains aren't sitting out the back in pieces then those rides should be operating well. Plus the scare zone in China Town should take a chunk of the crowds out the rest of the park (though surprised Blazin' Saddles isn't being used, that area seems prime for a scare zone to me, for crowd distribution as much as anything else. That whole area just seems wasted) IMHO). Hopefully though the guests will love it and the 6000 plus another possible 6000 will be enough to bring back the event bigger and better next year. The mind boggles with ways an entertainment savvy park like Movieworld could do Halloween. How about some scary shows in the Maverick building or Police Academy stadium? How about making Wild West Falls into a scare zone in itself. Or how about closing Matrix, turning it into a haunted maze, and never opening Matrix again?

Well, last summer I went to the park on a couple of days, and for each day I was told the attendance was around 7000 (probably higher because of the way the ticketing was working last summer), and the only line in the park longer then 15-20min was 1 hour each for Scooby and Wild West. Having said that, I think 6000 might prove to be a bit oversold, particularly if Wild West doesn't open. Still the crowd of 6000 is easily enough to justify a second train on Superman, Road Runner and Lethal (3500 is the number the park normally goes by), so as long as the trains aren't sitting out the back in pieces then those rides should be operating well. Plus the scare zone in China Town should take a chunk of the crowds out the rest of the park (though surprised Blazin' Saddles isn't being used, that area seems prime for a scare zone to me, for crowd distribution as much as anything else. That whole area just seems wasted) IMHO). Hopefully though the guests will love it and the 6000 plus another possible 6000 will be enough to bring back the event bigger and better next year. The mind boggles with ways an entertainment savvy park like Movieworld could do Halloween. How about some scary shows in the Maverick building or Police Academy stadium? How about making Wild West Falls into a scare zone in itself. Or how about closing Matrix, turning it into a haunted maze, and never opening Matrix again?
Yep agree. If think the Matrix exhibit sucks.

perhaps they will reconsider opening Wild West now that so many tickets are sold? On any normal operating day, MW can EASILY swallow up a crowd of 6k (it's hit more than twice that figure over Summer periods before) however over an operating evening with fewer hours and fewer attractions on board, lets just hope they have all trains operating on the coasters and all Motion bases going in the Batride