Article: Competition prepares for full gear as WhiteWater World shapes up

Richard

Article: Competition prepares for full gear as WhiteWater World shapes up SidewinderLandscape.jpg Monday 9 October 2006 Competition at the Gold Coast theme parks is firing up and the Gold Coast's newest park, Dreamworld's separate WhiteWater World water park, is only fueling the fire as it prepares to go head-to-head with Wet'n'Wild Water World (pictured). Read On...

Great. So many different passes and names. But intresting. I have noticed alot of Branding from Wet n Wild lately. Buses have been covered, Train station billboards too. Nothing From White Water World, But I can Bet you they will make this BIG and Commerically Advertise alot and Also promote everywhere.

I went to QLD in Feb 2 years ago and am going back with my family in March 2007. I loved the 14 day 3 park super pass. There's nothing like the freedom of having a spare afternoon and deciding to go to Wet'n'Wild or Movieworld and not having to pay again for going in to get your ride fix. That was the only dissapointment I found with Dreamworld is that you didn't have that freedom. I wonder if Dreamworld and WWW will come out with a 14 day Super Pass. That will definitely be enticing for more people to go to the 2 Dreamworld Parks.

Edited by cheesy

I work With Lots of Tourist Everyday and Tell them About Dreamworld Water Park and how exciting it is going to be. Its very interesting how Wet N Wild are acting to compete with White Water World. Oh well....It was bound to come... It will only get more intense with marketing and Adverts.

It shows just how lucrative the waterpark market really is with Wet 'n' Wild pulling out everything they've got to defend their market share. It is becoming very obvious that they are freaking out a bit. As has been said before, judging by their reaction now I'd say Wet 'n' Wild has had it too easy for too long and this competition is welcomed

Edited by GoGoBoy

I'd say the thing Warner Village are most worried about isn't so much the loss of guests to WhiteWater World, it'll be the loss of sales of The Theme Park Passes Formerly Known as 3 Park Super Passes (TTPPFKA3PSP for short...) to World Passes. A lot of tourists will have previously overlooked Dreamworld because they've already forked out a lot of money for their 3PSP. Now these tourists are faced with a big question - Warner Village's three parks for X amount, or Macquarie Leisure's two parks for Y amount? Invariably the people most affected by these decisions will be nearly all people who want to visit a water park. If they didn't they would most likely choose the Summer Pass and go with Movie World and Sea World. So the choice is really down to the brand new, action packed yet small WhiteWater World versus the older but larger Wet'n'Wild. WhiteWater World will most likely play up the newness and the many Australia-firsts. Wet'n'Wild are focusing on their size and their well-established image as Australia's best water park. It'll be really interesting if Macquarie Leisure add a third gate and make things equal. We'd be talking 5+ years down the track, but throw in a resort and you have Australia's only all-inclusive theme park destination.

There will be alot of people who will want to go to www to ride the Australian Firsts over riding wnw's tornado though especially since www have thier own tornado. I know if www was open when I go next month I'd skip wnw and go to www instead and the only reason I'm going to wnw is to ride the Tornado so once www opens I think alot of people will choose it over wnw for that reason. I just hope they choose a better ground than wnw have.