New Parks in NSW?

Wazza1

I just came across this job ad on the Internet. Anyone know anything about it? Civil Engineers wanted for Theme Park Construction West Sydney Competitive Salary + Bonus Scheme With a culture dedicated to its staff, this multi-award winning construction icon bases its success on positive working environments. Structured performance appraisals & guided training are complimented by weekly team functions, corporate discounts, and further education contributions. With some of Australia's most prized icons in their portfolio, and an evolving company profile this company has established itself for expansion into Asia and beyond. With the construction of a $340M theme park about to undergo construction in Sydney's West, and the development of another $260M park to be constructed in Southern NSW, our client is looking to take on a number of construction site engineers. The role will have you assisting in the preparation and implementation of Project Management Plan/s, reporting through on project progress, coordinating and monitoring work of construction team, and advising the Project Engineer of any discrepancies found on site. To be considered for the job you will possess: Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering; At the very least 6 years Australian experience construction; Proven success with project management; A strong affiliation with the institute of engineers Australia; Perceptive analytical skills with a desire to manage various projects simultaneously; Sociable character with an capacity to communicate effectively in a fast paced environment;

Great find! Well, this is most definitely true, verifiable at the Robert Walters website: http://www.robertwalters.com.au/en-aus/vac...acancyId=197959 The definition of theme park can be pretty loose in this country. In the past it has included just about any style of tourist attraction. Having gotten this comment out of the way up front, this is one of the most promising pieces of news to come out in recent years. $340 million is an incredible figure that could see a park that outdoes any of the Gold Coast parks and then some. Likewise with $260 million anything can be achieved. I've searched every online avenue I can think of with limited results. I'll see what I can drum up in coming days. Anyone who lives in West Sydney or Southern NSW I'd recommend contacting your local council to enquire about any theme park projects going ahead. Depending on where they are in these projects, there will definitely be something out there available such as planning permits etc., and it should be publicly accessible. West Sydney Theme Park: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/park.php?pid=57 Southern NSW Theme Park: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/park.php?pid=58

A very interesting find. I find it very strange that there has been no publicity or no one here, until now, has found anything about this before. Yes there has been spectulation of Disney at Homebush and Wonderland re-opening (that's a load of crap as we all know). I remember there was something around the time of Wonderland closing about the potential for a park on the old radio services land thats around the intersection of the Great Western Highway and Doonside Road. I've just had a quick look, probably in the same places as Richard did and was unable to find anything about it "The Bus is now leaving for B.H.P Radio Towers, South Australia"

The Goulburn Pictura "theme park" sounds like it may fit the bill for the second $260 million park. Hong Kong Disneyland was USD$1.8 billion all up - about AUD$2.4 billion by today's exchange. This is abnormally high for a park of its size because there were numerous construction hurdles such as the fact that it is built on reclaimed land and the construction of a 12ha lake for irrigation. $340 million would without a doubt result in a park of greater size and higher standard than our Gold Coast parks. It's by no means a small sum. If Dreamworld were built today from scratch, using today's dollar value, it would have nearly $100 million left over at the end of construction. This gives you an idea of what this amount would be capable of.

This is incredible news if it's correct. I certainly hope the Sydney one ends up being a true theme park and not some kind of bizarre business park as the one in Goulburn was planned to be. They certainly shouldn't be using the words theme park if this is the case. Anyway it sounds promising and is exactly what Sydney and NSW needs right now. It would once again give the people of NSW a bit of choice so that they don't end up spending all their leisure money visiting a below average park just because it's the only thing there is

The Global Language Monitor has estimated that there are over 1,000,000 words in the English language. That means there are over 999,998 words that are not "theme" or "park". It's an injustice to every theme park in the world to simply call a golf resort a theme park. If the $260 million dollar 'theme park' is indeed a golf resort then it's not looking good for the other $340 million dollar park. :o

Well here is the response from the agency, I have heard before of these agencies placing "fake" ads before just to canvas the current market. Unfortunately it seems that this is what this was. Thankyou for the response. Unfortunately that job was shelved and was never actually approved to go ahead. It is an old advertisement and was placed as an initial feeler for the market. As a result the ad has been withdrawn. Kind regards, Chris Jurd

Yes golf is that popular. Thousands of tourists come to Australia every year just to play golf. Look at how much money Greg Norman has made from golf, and hardly any of it was from playing. With todays technology for water conservation that golf courses have to use I would say that a theme park would use far much more water than any golf course would in a day, week or year. It's a shame if the response Supersleuth got is correct. The ad is still on the site so that seems a bit strange. "The Bus is now leaving for Pinkawillinie Water Conservation Reserve, South Australia"

That sucks. They shouldn't be allowed to do that! Also, Arn't we in the grip of Australia's worst drought on record? If so, I strongly feel they should NOT approve golf course's to go ahead. After all golf course's run off grass, and grass will only grow from water.
I was surprised they were going to put a golf resort in Goulburn. Because, as Chaos-Maniac said, golf courses require alot of water for maintenance, and and the thing is-Goulburn has run out of water! They have to get bottled water carted in on trucks. They can't water playing fields or anything! Whoever thinks they put a golf course there is a tad silly :P.