how the giant tipping buckets work?

zane

hey dose any 1 know how the giant tipping bucket works in the new nick water playground? and also the lil cone ones. (they totally copied off wet n wild)
Yes, They are basically mounted in a way to prevent them from being 100% vertical when they are filling up with water so that when they are almost full the weight of them being off centre tips the whole bucket out. I also suspect that blocks of Stainless Steel could be attached inside to assist in counterweighting them.

Yes, They are basically mounted in a way to prevent them from being 100% vertical when they are filling up with water so that when they are almost full the weight of them being off centre tips the whole bucket out. I also suspect that blocks of Stainless Steel could be attached inside to assist in counterweighting them.
why are the lil 1s cones? dose any 1 know who makes em? (i think proslide do, but not shur, who make wet n wilds one?)

If WhiteWater World copied Wet 'n' Wild, then Wet 'n' Wild copied every other water park in the world. As for the little cones, I think they simply catch water that has spilled from the (big) bucket. Gravity would then cause the cones to tip over once they are carrying enough water/weight.

Edited by Adam

Both the Wet'n'Wild and WhiteWater World ones are built by WhiteWater West. Wet'n'Wild's is the second from the top model while WhiteWater World's is the top of the line. As far as copying off Wet'n'Wild, these attractions have become standard in the water park world. There aren't too many parks out there which haven't got these attractions.

In trying to find the name of the makers of the buckets, I came across another company that make them a nearly identical product, though seemingly more flexible in design, Koala Play group (as you can imagine with a name like that, the company is based out of the USA :? ). They have a couple interesting concepts, like adding the smaller tipping objects to water slides and lazy rivers. Worth a look for sure.

I'm pretty sure, like most water parks, WhiteWater World will have a complex array of pipes and filters that will facilitate the filling of the pools and slides. It will simply be a matter of them flicking on the switch (although obviously the system will be in a special mode for the initial fill). Once the water has been used, i.e. gone down a slide or been successfully deployed as a wave in the wave pool, it'll be sent back to the filtering plant so it can be recycled. Does anyone know how much water water parks draw on an average day? I’m sure an efficient park wouldn’t use that much more than any other theme park. Although I’m sure on hot days they would lose a fair amount to evaporation. I guess it would also depend on the efficiency of the attractions; leaks, ‘splashage’ and other escapes would drive water usage up a fair amount. I think it's a definite that WhiteWater World will see many additions in the coming years. Although many, I'm sure, will simply be carnival rides placed next to the water slides.

i wana make one at home what will i start with? iv'e got a old tin bucket i can use and i found a small metal pole to attach the bucket ive got a pool of water and the pump ready and also the hose but dont know how to put it all in place i think i need a weight to one side of the bottom so it tips one side only (in the pool) and what is the reall name for these things? if you serch "tipping bucket" it dont come up with much?

dose any 1 know how the giant tipping bucket works in the new nick water playground?
Ok, first get a cup and sit it on the edge of a table so half the bottom is off the side, but no so much that the cup falls off. Now, get a jug and tip water quickly in and see what happens, they basically work by that principle. (maybe do this experiment outside, for example on the front steps) No offence mate, but i thought it was pretty obvious how tipping buckets work, they are on a pivot and overbalance when they are too full. As for the little cone ones, its the same principle again, they just re-calculate where the pivot needs to go so the bucket will tip.
Talking about Whitewater World, How will they fill all the pools up? And, Will they continually add new slides to WhiteWater World like Wet 'n' Wild does?
To fill the pools up the filtration system has a direct mains connection, so all they do is open up a valve and water flows into the system. I know in our pool it is kept topped up by a little chamber that is beside the pool and in the ground, it is connected to the pool by a thin pipe that is at water level. When the pool gets too low there is a float in the chamber that drops a little bit, opening a valve so water can flow in, until it is high enought, so the float goes up and the valve is shut off (its exactly the same as the thing that makes the cistern fill after you flush the toilet) Oh, and i would imagine WWW would add new rides, what sort of theme park doesnt?
if you serch "tipping bucket" it dont come up with much?
Was that a rhetorical question?