WWF Stuck On Lift

Dylaan

My bestie went to Movie World yesterday. She said that on WWF they were half-way up the main lift when it got stuck and they were asked to get out and were lead to an exit. Firstly, how often does this happen? Secondly, what is the procedure for evac from the main lift? Thirdly, what could cause this to happen apart from maybe a power failure? Thanks guys!

The most basic response for this kind of situation would be for a staff member to locate the position of the stopped vehicles and manually release the restraints. The riders would then be led to the nearest exit. This procedure would change though if there was any sort of injury or danger present. There are almost a million reasons why this could happen on the attraction. In any kind of serious mechanical or electrical failure, dangerous weather conditions (a tree falling into the “river”), or severe guest misbehaviour the default response would be to shutdown the entire ride (most modern rides will automatically halt if something is inconsistent). There is no reason to suggest that the problem was actually caused by the lift hill itself. Late last year I remember it becoming a rather common occurrence. I think three out of three times I visited there was some sort of problem with Wild West Falls.

Awhile ago I was on the lift hill going up to the main drop and it stopped..scared the living daylights out of me I was looking around for a worker asking my brother "what happend what happend" when we started again..turned out we were too close to the flume in front of us. They had also stopped the ride while we were in the line up before hand for that same reason..I remember the worker saying they had more flumes out because it was hot so they were getting too close to each other. Also been about to get on the first hill as you go into the back drop when it stopped..for the same reason. First time you get a little scared because you you sit there enjoying yourself and than all of a sudden theres a jolt and than you just stop..a million thing's run through your mind.

Once going up the first lift the boat hit the side and hit the lever for the retraint bars and they all lifted up, we were freaking out...
I'd love to see that one! :P Did it stop or did you just pull them back down?
Everyone seems to have been stuck on WWF once in there life.
I've never been stuck on the lift but then again I've only been on it six times...

The great thing about that is the restraints are completely redundant. There isn't a snowflakes chance in hell in falling out of that ride even with no restraints. Having said that, they aren't completely without merit; they stops people from jumping out of the ride when they shouldn't be, which has happened on Splash Mountain, and more recently on the flume ride at Liesberg.

I'd love to see that one! :P Did it stop or did you just pull them back down? I've never been stuck on the lift but then again I've only been on it six times...
We just pulled them back down, but it was really weird that it happened and sort of cool, the ride just kept on going.

If you ever stop momentarily on either of the lifts, it's because of the ride's block systems. There are conveyor belt sections at the base of both lifts that will stop you if you are too close to the boat in front (which could happen if your boat is heavier etc.). Sometimes, especially on the final lift, this isn't enough. Because on this lift can have multiple boats on it at once (unlike on coasters, where the lift hill is a single block in itself), they sometimes need to stop you for a few seconds midway up to space the boat ahead.

If you ever stop momentarily on either of the lifts, it's because of the ride's block systems. There are conveyor belt sections at the base of both lifts that will stop you if you are too close to the boat in front (which could happen if your boat is heavier etc.). Sometimes, especially on the final lift, this isn't enough. Because on this lift can have multiple boats on it at once (unlike on coasters, where the lift hill is a single block in itself), they sometimes need to stop you for a few seconds midway up to space the boat ahead.
Yep that's happended a few times.

My bestie went to Movie World yesterday. She said that on WWF they were half-way up the main lift when it got stuck and they were asked to get out and were lead to an exit. Firstly, how often does this happen? Secondly, what is the procedure for evac from the main lift? Thirdly, what could cause this to happen apart from maybe a power failure? Thanks guys!
I was there the same day and happened to be on the ride at the time. First of all, they did NOT tell the people to get out of the boats and walk out of the exits, they told us to remain seated, and 2nd, the restraints didn't unlock, and they kept repeating to us of the loud speakers through out the whole ride, stay calm and DO NOT exit the boat. Also, it wasn't only one boat that got stuck, and it was BOTH lift hills that got stuck, and they also said to us that this happens all the time and the ride is not broken down. The ride was stuck for exactly 3 minutes 30 seconds, then over the loud speaker they said, Thankyou and enjoy the rest of ride before the ride started up again. I don't know what was going.

Well I'm just going on what she said, that's all. I'm talking to them now and they said they got out without asking which I don't believe. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.
Oh my sorry, did you think I was attacking you? No sorry I didn't mean it to seem like that. May I ask how they got out? Like did the operator come to them because I don't think you can reach the release pedal for the restraints once in the boat.