the bush beast before it went to hell

Kakie

does anyone remember the day when the bb was nice and smooth, fast, airtime packed, and SCARY. I remember riding it for the first time in early 96 (like the 1st of january) and cresting the hill, i looked to my left and saw the wooden rails bending for the drop so i closed my eyes and SCREAMED, i was nearly flung out of the thing so i avoided it for many years then i rode it again and it sucked, now all my friends love it cause they don't know good coasters and i HATE it.

I'm w/you...TBB was once a fun rollercoater to ride, but now it just shakes & rattles around that darn track. Is it the way it's settled over the years or is it the carriages or...would re tracking really help this sorry coaster. It's a real shame that a city the size of Sydney has only this as it's " top" coaster experience huh? :rolleyes:

How about something built especially for WL???...Now THAT would be a real concept huh? I went on a coaster in Santa Cruz a few weeks ago that was built in the 1930's now...admittedly it had been renoveated or what ever they do, but it was fast, thrilling & a great coaster, guess they don't build them like that anymore :D It's called the Giant Dipper & was only about half the size of TBB but it certainly made up for it with the fantastic air time & it didn't shake the fillings out of your teeth either like TBB does.

what are u all going on about the bush beast is great i love it, i mean the first drop is a hell razer even though i put my hands up but i love the whole lot, its fast still and its still the best and the only wooden roller coaster in australia! so we shouldnt complain as we are lucky to have a wooden roller coaster next to us, its different from the rest and a much different experience.

Kakie, I'm totally scared of your avatar. I hated that movie!!
LMAO, can u imagine her standing outside your window at night, scraping on the glass, waiting for you to open the door, to 'let her in'. Well apart from scaring myself i think the bush beast was a great coaster, its just wonderland don't know how to maintain the ride. Is it still closed?

• 1 month later...