Wet N Wild Future

mattcrombie

With the soon opening of White Water World. Wet N Wild have decided to act and look to there future against White Water World. Over the next 3 years Wet n Wild will add new slides to compete with White Water World and to win customers. These will be new state of the art slides to draw customers over. Wet N Wild may have the advantage to hold more crowds with the size of there park, than White Water World being a lot smaller in size. Some of these New Attractions for Wet N Wild are set to be BIG and Exciting. Time will tell...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of guessed that was going to happen, im guessing that there will be some sort of uphill slide (but they might do a pair installation because of the crowds and to push that "Biggest 'n' Best" Message) Im also predicting a bowl attraction of some sort, but maybe not a Beheomoth bowl. And maybe a park here will finally put in some of those "Turbo Tunnel" Type things.....

Turbo Tunnel: http://www.proslide.com/sub.php?mainRideID=7&rideID=15 The great thing about the park continuing to expand is it'll ultimately make the park a better place. We're not going to see attendance skyrocket like it has in the past as a result of WhiteWater World, so future additions will only serve to shorten queues and give guests more to do. It's the obvious card to play by Wet'n'Wild. WhiteWater World is boxed in by the park. Aside from that small parcel of land where Thunderbolt was, there's really nowhere for it to go. Long-term Wet'n'Wild will always have the edge, which is why WhiteWater World was only designed to cut into the market, not take over as market leader.

Wow that turbo tunnel looks awesome. I dont think www will get the edge over wnw at the moment they will with the australian first rides but unless they have invisible land none of us can see they really can't expand as Richard already said. It's great for us (the general public) to have two choices of water parks now and I don't think wnw would have installed new water slides in 3 or so years if www wasn't there because it was a long time between the h20 zone wasn't it?

I don't think wnw would have installed new water slides in 3 or so years if www wasn't there because it was a long time between the h20 zone wasn't it?
Yes exactly and just looking at H20 Zone you can tell it was a bit of a desperate, last minute decision to add the area. As has been mentioned before, Wet 'n' Wild should have staggered the attractions and added something every year over the last few years and put a bit more thought and development into it. As they failed to do this, I will be happy to see WWW cut into WnW's market. They deserve it really

Off the topic one more time, they could use the wood for theming or anything and sell the wood which would make back the money from hiring construction equiptment, Now back on topic I think wet'n'wild should be worrying because it seems the majority of the members on roller-coaster.com.au would rather go too WWW rather than wet'n'wild which is true.

Edited by aidan

I would rather go to WWW, just to see how it is. If I prefer WNW (which I probably will) I would return to visiting WNW. If I were to return to WWW a second time if I didn't like it, it would be likely because I would buy the orld pass for value. I think WNW would suit my liking because, as they have pointed out, it is the biggest'n'best.

I would rather go to WWW, just to see how it is. If I prefer WNW (which I probably will) I would return to visiting WNW. If I were to return to WWW a second time if I didn't like it, it would be likely because I would buy the orld pass for value. I think WNW would suit my liking because, as they have pointed out, it is the biggest'n'best.
It might be the biggest but will it be the BEST?

Well WnW's slides are really not that old when you think about it - practically everything has been replaced in there over the years. Remember the crappy speed slide that hurt the f*ck out of your back?? The new one is much better. WnW has ALOT going for it - it's sheer size alone is certainly an advantage over the competition in the long term. For one, can you imagine the difference in customer satisfaction in the short term? One Park is going to have crazy lines and the other has enough rides to keep the numbers relatively content. If I were working in DW management I would be thinking very seriously about hiring experienced water Park Managers (if not existing WNW ones) or they just won't know how to handle the crowds.. I still don't know where DW/WWW is going to Park everyone that drives there these Xmas holidays

They sure have! In recent years after adding a new attraction, the existing car Park has spilled over on to the grass - and even on Xmas Hols when there's been nothing majorly new. Now that a section of the old Car Park is gone, the only way to improve the existing one is to do a multi-stack car Park. Too late for this year but I'm sure they have a contingency

The next time I visit a water park it'll definitely be WhiteWater World. I'm yet to visit Wet 'n' Wild with the H2O Zone and Tornado additions but I still believe going to a whole new park—with some of the coolest water rides in the world—is better than going to a park where I've ridden many of the rides. I'm a huge fan of the vibrant and exciting colours. It doesn't matter if they don't go well together; it's simply invigoratingly fabulous.

Now that a section of the old Car Park is gone, the only way to improve the existing one is to do a multi-stack car Park. Too late for this year but I'm sure they have a contingency
What a shame! A multi-stack carpark won't look very good...When I drive up to DW I don't want to see a concrete tower.