Lethal Weapon area

mattcrombie

True Richard, but I can tell you guys now that the competition between Dreamworld and Movie World over the next few years is going to be hot. And I can also tell you that EVERYONE in this community is going to be happy with what Dreamworld and Movie World have up their sleves for the next 5 years.

Well isn't it? It is a roller-coaster, that scares the snot out of many. Just because its themed doesn't mean its not a thrill ride. If that gets classed as a family ride before it gets classed as a coaster then I'm not on this planet. I mean come on, since when has a backward drop not been thrilling? Or am I missing something here?

Im inclined to say its not a thrill ride in the traditional sense, its basically a wild mouse with extras, and while it is thrilling, it lacks the same intensity as a traditional "thrill ride". I think of it as a family coaster. I think if you compare things like LW and S:E and BW:SS to rides like TOT, GD and Cyclone you can see a clear link. But if you compare scooby with say cyclone or the claw then that link becomes less aparent. Also, the fact it is themed around scooby doo hurts it in terms of being comparable to the much more imposing names that the rides at DW have. Things like the claw and tower of terror have that definite feel, but "scooby doo spooky coaster" sounds a little bit kiddy and well, not scary, but spooky. If anything its comparable to Eureka at DW, and i dont consider that a true thrill ride. Basically for me, a thrill ride is a woodie, a looper, a hyper, or an intense flat ride. Most of these have full restraints too (except for hypers and woodies) which sort of makes them feel more like a thrill ride. Now i know there are exceptions to my argument, but thats how i feel. Oh wait, this thread was about a new ride at LW. Im hoping its a kung fu theme ride like what has been discussed before. That would be cool.

I believe the plan is to relocate the old Studio Administration building over the next 6 months to make way for the new ride that will go in there (behind Superman). Whilst I completely welcome a new thrill ride such as a big coaster, I think it will be time again for the park to explore another Family thrill ride. Personally I would like to see an advanced Rapid ride or "Atlantas" style water coaster going in. It suprises me MW is keen to build yet another ride in that area of the Park given they have plenty of room where they could build without so much hastle (like between Wild West and LW) The main reason I can think is to have all the noisy rides down the front away from the whinging neighbours out the back. Also i totally agree with others - the LW queue/ entry is a waste of time and space. It was originally intended to be so much more elaborate than it ended up (bloody budget cuts!)

I'd think more simply than that. Think of how much cheaper it is to build in an existing area of the park. To go out behind Scooby-Doo will require vast amounts of new infrastructure, and why not fill in underutilised areas first, before expanding into new territory? It doesn't make much sense to have guests walk 200m through an otherwise unused area to get to an attraction. Think of the visuals of having four major rides in such a small area. I see no reason to not include Scooby-Doo as a thrill ride. Come up with any definition you can to describe a thrill ride, and tell me Scooby-Doo doesn't fit it.

Interesting rumor. Hopefully they won't just remove the outdoor queue but the entire cinema pre-show too. As everyone has said, it's wasted space. This isn't the Half-Pipe from Sea World is it?
Interesting thought Adam - The R-C.com.au ride databass does say that there might be a last minute decision were the half pipe will go to a different park. Well, that's my two-cents. CoasterBoy6 Edited by Coaster Boy 6

I agree it would look great on the skyline with all of those rides in the one area + it will be nice and easy to hop from one to the other. I guess the area at the back of Scooby would be better served for more family "adventure" style rides that go with the landscape and themes. I would like to see that area of the park opened up more though with not just new rides but new facilities too. the areas that could link up - LW to between Scooby and old maverick as well as the other side by the photo area at wild west. It would allow for better guest flow through the place MW needs a new (and good) restaurant. A mexican restaurant was originally planned next to Wild West but that was scrapped at last mninute. With so many attractions down the front packed in, the back area will be lacking content and no doubt ppl!

It suprises me MW is keen to build yet another ride in that area of the Park given they have plenty of room where they could build without so much hastle (like between Wild West and LW) The main reason I can think is to have all the noisy rides down the front away from the whinging neighbours out the back.
I agree it would look great on the skyline with all of those rides in the one area + it will be nice and easy to hop from one to the other. I guess the area at the back of Scooby would be better served for more family "adventure" style rides that go with the landscape and themes.
You raise good points Mickey. Even though it would look great on the skline I think Batwing and this new ride near LW should be the last to go there. Because: 1. As Mickey said already, MW will lose people going in to the "adventure" area, which I think is a shame as it is one of the best landscaped and themed areas of the park. 2. Think of the congestion! All those people hanging around in the one spot would really be a nightmare. It is a shame about the whinging neighbours... :angry: If they did't want the noise why did they move there in the first place?! This si just like the NSW Luna Park scenario where all those neighbours complained about the noise. It is more understandable in Sydney as there is limited housing, though. I think they should put at least one new attraction, not near the looney tunes village, but towards areas lik WWF, police academy stunt show or the SSSC, which are may not be the most thrilling areas of the park, but still are fun. By the way, I do think of Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster as a thrill ride. :D

Thanks for the words Swanny, I'm glad you agree. Regarding the neighbours, unfortunately they were there first however the area was always zoned "future theme park" before they moved in so they new what they were in for really!! The Park has taken a lot of steps over the years to keep them happy (like hosing down the stage of the Police Academy show and giving them free passes to shut them up!!) Anyways, after 16 years of being open we are now seeing new generations of people moving to that area - no one lives for ever so I guess the whinging has toned down from how it use to be.. After Batwing opens, they should leave that area alone for the time being... UNLESS they already have something else planned for the back of the Park to open around the same time.... If not before! My sources tell me the ill-fated Maverick show venue is finally in for something bigger than that dreadful show with a great set ever promised... Stay tuned! PPS.. Agreed. Scooby is a Thrill ride, if not a Family Thrill ride:)