Lethal Weapon area

mattcrombie

I'm disagreeing with what people are saying about the river ride. Its great, well, sort of, I think the ride needs to be closed down and have all the animatronics fixed or replaced. Last time I went, they were out of wack, like, the sensors detected the boat but the animatronics took forever to work, could it be hyrolics and that seizing up? Anyway back to the ride, there wouldn't be enough room in that area to even fit a roller coaster station... would there? I think a flat ride would be great, and I personally think Movie World should have a backlot tour like all the universal studios and that, it is a movie park? I would looove to see a massive roller-coaster at movie world, keyword there is... MASSIVE.

A masive roller-coaster would be great! and i rember reading in a form here not long ago, about the idea of putting a roller coaster in themed around the highway chase in the matrix. they were saying it should be a roller coaster that was just recently built over seas but i forgot what type but i think that would be a good idea! and then they could get rid of that stupid matrix exhibit! :P but i was looking at the map of MW and the space behind SE isn't that big beacuse there is a studio! so maybe it would be a good idea to put a studio tour like you said ^ up there ^ B)

Yeah I know they wont, I'm just saying, would love to see one in an aussie park. I dont even think dreamworld would get one :( Yeah I agree Dom, the Matrix exhibit is boring and lame. I think a nice flatty or coaster would be good. I also think that the wild west area needs another themed ride. Sorry back onto topic there, what kind of ride of would fit in that que area? Annd as for theming, I wouldnt go for a LW theme because the movie was made a while ago, but keeping it into theme with the china town would be alright.

Edited by mickey_079

but i can't think of any other warner brothers movie that is set or has a part set in asia! besides the last samuri (but that is japanese and the movie is old now!)
Yeah i suppose. Oh ahh... dangy I'm gunna have to think now :P lol nope I can't think of any. But it doesnt have to be warner, well it does but, what I'm saying is, Universal studios is getting rid of their back to the future ride and replacing it with a simpsons ride... the simspons is a fox company... not universal, so I dont understand there. Just like shrek, shrek is dreamworks, or is dreamworkds part of WB. But that doesn't make sense either, universal also has the EXACT same shrek 4D, yes, I am mean the exact, from seating, to movie and even the area with the 3 pigs and the dungeon cam. So if its Dreamworks, how do 2 totally different filming corporation and theme parks get the same thing? :huh:

Dreamworks is a Paramount company which is a Time Warner Company. lol... I think it will be a flat ride - even if you tore out all those buildings it still isn't much space. Though this isn't a bad thing. I used to HATE Movie World but now it's getting better and better. Dreamworld is falling behind - they need a new ride, a big one. SOON.

Edited by myk

Dreamworks is a Paramount company which is a Time Warner Company. lol... I think it will be a flat ride - even if you tore out all those buildings it still isn't much space. Though this isn't a bad thing. I used to HATE Movie World but now it's getting better and better. Dreamworld is falling behind - they need a new ride, a big one. SOON.
Yeah a Tilt Coaster. :D

Movie companies are not to concerned who pays for the right to use their intellectual properties, just how those properties are used. Plus big blockbuster movies like Superman Returns, Shrek 2, Batman Begins and the like are more commonaly funded by more then just one film corparation. It is not unusaul to see the major film companies banding together to produce blockbusters or even monumental trilogies. I work in the gaming industry and we are seeing a similar trend. The games for Pirates of the Carribean 2 for instance were developed by two different publishers, THQ produced the PSP and DS versions while Ubisoft produced the PS2 and PC version. Now that Warner Brothers, Wet n Wild and Seaworld plus the rest are not solely owned by Warners Brothers i wouldn't be suprised if we see a more diverse use of movie theming along the lines of previously partnered film corparations.

rightio back on topic. What do you think the ride will be themed to? and do you think that will change theming around the area? ANNND, if a ride is built there, how long will the leathal weapon be closed for?
If they build a new ride in that area I don't think they would have to close down lethal wepon for anytime. They would probally just make a temarary intrance somewere like i don't think they shut down batman adventure '2' (they should just get rid of the 2) while they are making Bat Wing.

Or, they could just use the existing exit somehow. Just an idea...
Yeah I was thinking that myself but... were do you exit? lol. I honestly think the ride will be down until they can make a temporary queue thats not to close to construction. What are other peoples thoughts or ideas? Edited by mickey_079

It's quite interesting that we've had such a huge discussion about this attraction when it's still such a long way off. I wouldn't be surprised if the park itself hasn't finalised their plans for the new ride. I think it's great though that so many ex-Dreamworld fanboys are now beginning to wake up and smell the delicious greatness of Movie World.

you exit through the shop don't you so i don't think that would be practicle! there might be alot of broken things! :P
Yeah but Dom, you have to remember there is a small path the leads from the ride station to the gift shop were the on-ride photos are, you couldnt possible fit peole going on the ride and exiting the ride, there would be so much mayheme and confusion. I dont mind if they close the ride down, give them some spare time on there hands the change the trains or parts and try and make it smoother. Hey I have a question... why dont they use the same type of restraints as the batman ride? There so similar, last time i went on it, it had heaps of soft padding in the restraints so if you banged you head, it was a soft impact :D Edited by mickey_079