MOVIEWORLD ANNUAL PASS $79

kennykoala

Guys movieworld is advertising on there site $79 annual pass, if u buy online B4 the 01 december 06) now thats a crazy price! R they really struggling that bad to offer and annual pass at a $17 upgarde on std admission? wetnwild however r not advertising the $99 annual pass that i seen advertised on T.V

Yeah that's a very good price. I think I paid about $85 for one nearly five years ago (with a discount), and that was before they had Scooby-Doo even, so this is awesome value. To all those people who think that Dreamworld's $185 pass is good value, what do they have to say about this Movie World offer, at less than half the price? It's great to see WVTP giving locals a fair offer. Given how successfully the similar offer went at Sea World, I'd expect this to go through the roof given that WBMW has had many more recent additions than SW. They realise, unlike Dreamworld, that annual passes aren't about the ticket price, they're about encouraging repeat in-park spending. If you got both a Dreamworld and Movie World pass you'd need to spend over $700 in each park before Dreamworld's 15% discount gives them the edge in price. Here we have a significantly cheaper pass in a park with newer and better attractions (and more on the way) and better capacity on nearly all rides. To me the choice seems obvious.

I seriously don't see why people would bother to renew their Dreamworld annual passes when we've got such an attractive deal down the road at a far superior park. Movie World actually does offer discounts at various restaurants in the park. I think there's like 10 or 15 per cent off at Rick's Cafe Americain. They don't do a great job of marketing it though.

I seriously don't see why people would bother to renew their Dreamworld annual passes when we've got such an attractive deal down the road at a far superior park. Movie World actually does offer discounts at various restaurants in the park. I think there's like 10 or 15 per cent off at Rick's Cafe Americain. They don't do a great job of marketing it though.
# 10% discount* on any purchase at the Warner Bros. Department Store (excluding discounted items). # 10% discount* at Rick's Café Americain. Yeah but it costs you i think $15.00 to eat. DW has 15% off in every store and you even get the discount on mobile drink/hotdog/sno cone vendors as well. Even in the Big Brother shop.

• 1 month later...
# 10% discount* on any purchase at the Warner Bros. Department Store (excluding discounted items). # 10% discount* at Rick's Café Americain. Yeah but it costs you i think $15.00 to eat. DW has 15% off in every store and you even get the discount on mobile drink/hotdog/sno cone vendors as well. Even in the Big Brother shop.
I think though the fact the MW pass is so much cheaper that the money you would save using the wider DW discounts would not equal that price difference.

I think it's a personal thing too. I personally prefer DW to MW. The only discount you get in terms of food is at Rick's, you can only buy stuff at the WB store with a discount..which is just utter crap imo. You SHOuLD be able to get discount on all in park food..it cost you enough to buy it after all and sometimes the WB store doesn't have the stuff you wan't and the other store (looney tunes) does but if you want to save a few $ then you can't go to looney tunes and get it. They don't do a good job at marketing the discounts though, I went and got my mum a shirt from the LT store and only after I went to pay for it the lady said I couldn't use my annual pass there, only at the WB store. At least DW tell you when you buy the pass that you get all these cool discounts; MW don't do jack.

• 2 weeks later...
To all those people who think that Dreamworld's $185 pass is good value, what do they have to say about this Movie World offer, at less than half the price?
Well I bought a dreamworld max action pass with a 10% discount on the 5th of december and I still would rather have that for $185 then buy a MW one for $79, because I prefer DW's rides and I think MV would get boring eventually, DW has more variety and entry to WWW as well. And the best thing is big brother is there as well :D

Well I bought a dreamworld max action pass with a 10% discount on the 5th of december and I still would rather have that for $185 then buy a MW one for $79, because I prefer DW's rides and I think MV would get boring eventually, DW has more variety and entry to WWW as well. And the best thing is big brother is there as well :D
My view exactly only without the Big Brother stuff lol. When we went to MW we were there from 11am until 1:30pm and left, we did all of the rides (cept the kids of course) in that space of time and decided to just go to pacific fair and do some shopping. Edited by lisalila

Well, even so you have a pass for both parks.And while the MW marketing dept would probably love it if their customers thought MW was the best, the accounting dept probably doesnt care because they have your money anyway. Still, i think the $79 pass is better value regardless. If you are planning to at least once during the year then you might as well get it since its only a few dollars on top of a single day admission, and then you get all the entertainment value out of it and can do as DW_Rulz does and do a half and half thing on a given day. Even if you did get sick of the park by then you might have gone 3 or four times so it would have still been worth the outlay.

How long is this crazy $79 thing going to last? As I have said before it is not good for the long term future of parks with heavy discounting like this. I'm just glad DW has not become involved with the price wars
I don't think it's crazy. And as Gazza said MW has your money & that's what counts. I got my 1st MW pass when they had some special. I think it was buy a 1 day admission and for $15 extra upgrade to the star pass (Oct 2004) Since then i've been getting the pass. I find the passes (DW & MW) are worth their value espcially DW with the 15% off and as i stated earlier i go park hopping. You do get sick of the park after a while. That's why i go park hopping it's also great when i leave coz my flight is usually 7pm or later so it gives me a chance to visit the parks one last time before heading home. :(

Yeah the price isn't crazy, since when is a discount considered crazy any how? Australia is in a time where money is tight so any saving you can get from a theme park is a blessing especially if you have a family and considering most of you think the parks are about families now don't you think $79 is a good thing? I'm sure there are a lot of families who got the passes for this price, in fact when I was there last month there was 4 families of 4/5 kids/teens and 2/3 adults getting the MW pass..that's a huge saving right there. The prices are back to normal now though.

Edited by lisalila

Its sort of crazy because they were underselling themselves, giving people a years access to your park for $79 seems a bit too low (from a sellers perspecitve). Of course, its great from a buyers perspective since its such a bargain but I dont think they needed to drop it by that much to get more people buying it. Also, I wouldn't say that Australia is in a situation where "money is tight", inflation has been pretty high lately, and while some supply side factors have come into play (drought, expensive petrol etc) a great portion of the problem could be blamed on there being too much money in the economy (excessive lending IMO is one reason).

Edited by Gazza

I'm with Gazza and GoGoBoy on this one (bout time we all agreed again ;) ). I don't think when attendance is up and you have a new attraction it is the right time to offer a cheap pass. If people are going to visit, its when you have a new attraction, and MW have 3 good new attractions within the past year and a half. Now is not the time when you give the gate away.