Spinning Rides

Jamberoo Fan

Gazza you have to remember, some people get different feelings or experiences from different rides. It may be the motion that could get to him, you have to remember, motion sickness comes from a slow steady moving thing, not a fast wild thing with massive g-force. Every ride has a different effect on people.
Hey, i got sick on the little kiddie rides at Nick Central two years ago.

I was feeling preety bad after I rode the Reef Diver 4 Times and then ended up riding the claw 2 times. The Reef Diver is what did it for me but the Claw topped it off. :P P.S: Me and my bro were trying to beat the: Most consecutive rides on spinning rides. As you can tell we only got 6 before I started to feal sick!! :wacko: CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

My friends and I did reef diver, wipeout and claw all right after each other..we spent the rest of the day feeling really sick and didn't want to ride any more spinning rides or even drink or eat. We ended up laying down on the chairs near the wipeout for 20 minutes trying to recoup.

My bro rode reef diver only once last time we went to DW and he was out for pretty much the rest of the day. I used to be able to handle spinning rides when I was younger, but now I'm not so good. Things like the claw are OK because they don't spin too much, though. It's just when there is excessive spinning. I remember Richard saying in a thread once that if you want to go on a spinning ride you can just spin on your computer chair at home :D and he is exactly right. It's a shame that most carnvial rides and rides at LPS are like that, one of the resaons why I don't very much like LPS.

I went with some friends and we went on the cyclone twice without getting out because people were still entering the park, then we went on the wipeout twice (same deal) then the reef diver and ufo ride which I forgot the name too. After all that a few of us were sick in the nice gardens which were not so nice afterwards.

As you see Gazza from the comments above, slow or fast, thrilling or family, everyride has a different effect on people causing them to be sick, everyone has different tollernce level, and their brain can play tricks on them, doesn't matter if the ride spins really slow, you have to put into acount the wind, the height, if the carriage is rocking and noise level. As for spinning rides... I LOVE EM! lol apart from when you get sick. The reef diver did nothing to me, gravitron hurts me head, but I guess thats what you get when trying to do sit ups :P I remember a spinning ride at the local show, it is pretty tame, but I went on it 4 times in a row and was so sick that I couldn't stand, blegh. The claw makes me sick if I ride it to much, but I think its most because of the g-force when you pass through the station, for some reason I can really feel the g's on the claw, were as the S.E im just like woooooh... look at the newbies, hehe. The zipper I dont like for a spinning ride though.

• 1 month later...

The reef diver is evil! Mind you it was the Enterprise back when I last went on it... I remember my friend and I leaving our group of friends and doing a dash to the nearest toilet facility because we both felt like we were about to lose our breakfast from the damn thing :P Spinning rides have never worked for me, hence why I have never had the guts (literally) to go on the Gravitron!!

haha my sis n i went on reef diver and she was balling with tears running down her face screamin mum!!!!! lol oh and i went on the ufo thing and i was upside down whilst it was spinning and i didnt get right way up in time and i fell on my head OUCH!!!! but i dont usually have any problems with any ride ive never felt sick on anything that i can remember except for the vomatron at surfers! lol

Talk about a bunch of Wooses. I find the Enterprise style of ride to be as tame as anything, especially when you compare it to rides such as the UFO at Luna Park Sydney (and even then, it's a pretty tame ride aswell).
The enterprise/reef diver is tame as a ride itself; the problem is the people who ride it, they either feel sick or they love it and re-ride it. I love the Enterprise, the one at LPM goes higher than Reef Diver and it actually suspends you in a full circle with no restraints, always great sitting forward and looking around..gives a good head rush. The Claw is a good one to re-do, just don't do it twice and then go and do the wipeout straight after lol (and I mean straight after..going from the claw to straight on the wipeout without lining up)..we almost passed out on it.