Dracula's new 2007 Haunted House Attraction

mattcrombie

On Gold Coast news tonight there was a interview with Dracula's owner John Newman saying how the Dracula's store in Surfers Paradise has closed and relocated while it undergoes major construction. It showed some artwork of the new Haunted House, with a similar entrance to Luna Park mouth but a Vampire and will consist of a Haunted Ghost train/coaster ride inside. It apprently will be made over 4 levels and will have state of the art effects, illusions, and everything to scare everyone. Its not for the the faint hearted and not for young familys John mentioned. Its expected to open this time next year he said. All being made and produced in Queensland. they took 3 years to source and design the ride. B)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is to, sorry, I didn't read the thread through properly. DO IT! Seriously, best money spent ever, I was angry when I went, and at the end of the night I was so cheerful. Lol, its hilarious, you'll laugh at everything. Lol, and everyone is so rude that its funny. No cabaret resturant in aust. could bet it. Lol, that train footage cracks me up all the time. Definately go do it, you will be disapointed if you dont.

Edited by mickey_079

Sara Pax, Dreamworld :P Loooove Dracs! they def need more room though..saw bloodlust, good show. Thatghost train is better than the one at melb..its all funky colours and you get like glasses to 'enhance' the colours. My cousins wife almost wet herself near the end with the chain saw haha.

Sara Pax, Dreamworld :P Loooove Dracs! they def need more room though..saw bloodlust, good show. Thatghost train is better than the one at melb..its all funky colours and you get like glasses to 'enhance' the colours. My cousins wife almost wet herself near the end with the chain saw haha.
That's her. She's a classic.

Sounds cool. So it'll be a stand-alone haunted house attraction? Hopefully it'll be as exciting as this damn-scary place. If it's going to be an actual coaster surely it would've been better to go international and source a proper manufacturer. There would be significant efficiency gains (economics of scale and production methods etc.). I guess it just wasn't in their budget. Here's thinking a locally designed coaster will be the roughest thing out. The effects and haunted aspect to it sounds very cool though.

I was wondering the same thing too, they have spent 3 years organizing the ride, but how does the money they saved compare with what they could have made by having the ride open to visitors sooner and making a profit minus whatever extra it cost to go with a normal manufacturer?

Edited by Gazza

Australian designed from the same people who brought you Orphan Rocker! ;) I agree with the consensus though, an actual ride manufacture would probably have been the way to go, but whatever, I'm sure it'll come up tops. Plus for the most part Australian designs have come out pretty good without a real ride company invovled, (Eureka, Bermuda, Vikings and Looney Tunes come to mind) so there is hope there. Good luck to them, they've been something of a staple of the Gold Coast for a while now, so its good to see them expanding.

I've finally taken the time to research this project and I have some new details to report. Expect a full article on Roller-Coaster.com.au to be published in the coming days with a complete overview of the attraction (including the technologies and effects being used) with concept art and details on when it will be opening. It was reported here that the attraction will feature an indoor coaster. This isn't actually true. The attraction will be a five storey 'walk-thru' experience (which I think makes it far scarier and more exciting). It was also reported here that they have produced everything in Queensland, this isn't true either. Many effects are being imported from the big players in Florida that attended the latest IAAPA convention. The attraction will utilise state-of-the-art technology in both safety (visitor tracking) and special effects. More to follow soon.

I got 2 pics today of the construction. There is nothing in there as they have taken the old building down. I will try and keep you guys informed and updated with pics. looking foward to that update Adam. Here we are. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/338/dsc01897px4.jpg http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9656/dsc01895lp9.jpg

On a totally unrelated note, looks like they finished painting the Holiday Inn Hotel. I was staying at the Chevron, on the 28th floor, and every day I saw they did quite little in terms of the painting. But I feel they should have left where the white is now Peachy, as 1 White will get old and dirty looking in the not too distant future, and the Purple and Peachy looked quite good together. But on a sort of related note, with the Dracula's, how hard is it to get back into the Cavill Avenue area after the show? Do surfside offer a few bus services back into Surfers after the show has finished, or is it more of a case of "Catch a Cab or Walk" situation? I don't mind the walking, quite like the walk from Broadbeach to Surfers, but at 11:00 PM at night, I don't think it would be that pleasant

Edited by T-bone

On a totally unrelated note, looks like they finished painting the Holiday Inn Hotel. I was staying at the Chevron, on the 28th floor, and every day I saw they did quite little in terms of the painting. But I feel they should have left where the white is now Peachy, as 1 White will get old and dirty looking in the not too distant future, and the Purple and Peachy looked quite good together. But on a sort of related note, with the Dracula's, how hard is it to get back into the Cavill Avenue area after the show? Do surfside offer a few bus services back into Surfers after the show has finished, or is it more of a case of "Catch a Cab or Walk" situation? I don't mind the walking, quite like the walk from Broadbeach to Surfers, but at 11:00 PM at night, I don't think it would be that pleasant
Surfside buses running up and down the highway 24hrs a day 7 days a week. But they run every hour till about 1 am then like every 90 mins

Just a short question, I'll probably sound blonde :P ! But, where is this attraction going? Is it taking over the ghost train ride at the Draculars Resturant in Broadbeach, or is it going to be placed in that small haunted house thing that is already in Surfers Paradise? Anyway, the haunted house sounds fantastic. I'll be sure to give it a visit next year! Oh, and when do you think it will open? I'm hopeing end of August, start of September. :D P.S: has anybody been in that small haunted house thingy in Surfers, I've always wondered what was in there? :huh: CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

Dracula's Haunted House will be a stand-alone attraction located on Surfers Paradise Boulevard in Surfers Paradise. I'd say the opening would depend on how construction goes. The company has already purchased many of the effects and props that will make up the attraction but obviously there is a significant amount of interior work that must be completed.