URL of theme park news parody site

GoGoBoy

Does anyone know the address of that extremely funny site which takes the piss out of Aussie theme parks and fansites? I was looking at it the other day and tried to do a search but have lost it again. I think someone mentioned it on here recently. It is presented as a sort of news report on the latest happenings on theme park forums and fansites... totally hysterical

I love the way he(?) pays out all those numerous Aussie theme park 'sites' that promise so much yet deliver so little. What is it about this industry that tempts so many people to set up these fansites which are supposedly going to have the "ultimate theme park content, the latest news and thousands of pictures/videos/media" and yet only 1 or 2 of them actually follow through (well roller-coaster.com.au being the main one and I suppose also Ozcoaster because at least it doesn't promise to be anything it's not and has some good updates at times). The rest of them are basically just non-updated splash pages with the obligatory low-active forums attached

Thats true, and one quote on the subject that I happen to adore:

...the country with more coaster websites than coaster enthusiasts will be welcoming DreamNeva, a website which will revolutionise the tourism industry (by tourism industry, we mean 79 coaster nerds who post on online message boards), and simultaneously, bring cease fire to the war in Iraq.

I love the way he(?) pays out all those numerous Aussie theme park 'sites' that promise so much yet deliver so little. What is it about this industry that tempts so many people to set up these fansites which are supposedly going to have the "ultimate theme park content, the latest news and thousands of pictures/videos/media" and yet only 1 or 2 of them actually follow through (well roller-coaster.com.au being the main one and I suppose also Ozcoaster because at least it doesn't promise to be anything it's not and has some good updates at times). The rest of them are basically just non-updated splash pages with the obligatory low-active forums attached
I know what you mean, I like Ozcoaster though, it never intends to be the biggest or most revolutionary, its basically just a laid back site for Ian to show off his work really, nice little site though.

I'm sure everyone would agree that Ozcoaster is a good site, Ian does great updates on Australian stuff (the Rock my world is well worth a look if you haven't already) as well as looking at overseas parks. Plus Ian does his own thing, comes up with his own ideas and doesn't just rip off this site, he's got a different site with a different feel to it.

There are a few other Aussie sites around (not many though) that try and do their own thing, and don't try to offer stuff they cant give. "Australian Amusement Fanatics", and "ThrillHistory.com" are two which should be named for offering something different, and unique, which really is what is needed in this society.

Edited by T-bone

Speaking of theme park sites which promise a lot but deliver very little, http://australianamusementlowdown.blogspot.com has just added a new very funny/interesting article regarding Zencoaster. It points out that Zencoaster has started to delete users posts to hide the fact that they had promised a 'massive' site launch by the weekend. The article on AAL mentions that this all started on Sunday however it is something I have noticed Zencoaster has been doing for a while. I have seen countless promises of various photo updates over the last couple of months and have checked back on the specific date to find no update with all references and related posts deleted. Quite funny and some good investigative journalism once again on the part of AAL

Edited by GoGoBoy

The infamous 'Mark' is the owner of that site... (AAL) I can't believe I didn't realise that earlier! Who remembers the 'YourWorld' stunt he tried to pull? Anyway, ATM I'm not liking him, due to the fact he started laying into Tony about the whole site-launch thing and the fact he's 'jealous' I'm part of the ZC Moderation Team. :P

Well sorry but it is a fact that Zencoaster promises a new update (or in this case a launch) just about every single week and it basically never actually happens. It is also a fact that in each one of these cases Tony would then delete any users posts that referred to the promised update. I'm not going to get into a discussion about this as I know Tony has his various excuses but all I'm saying is that AAL was reporting a fact. And besides that it's very funny. By the way, I doubt the person behind AAL would be jealous of someone being a ZC 'moderator'. The guy can write damn fine park related articles and I'm sure any site would love to have him on board as part of their editorial team. The writing is pretty much professional standard and a heck of a lot better than most of the articles on fan sites out there (R-C.com.au ofcourse excluded)

Edited by GoGoBoy

In regards to the ' YourWorld ' Post, that was not 'Mark' that was the Infamous 'Kyle', who also was made famous for his other posts such as "Is the Vortex Speeding up" and "The Bouncer Ride". So in the future, instead of accusing Mark, do your research, as I am sure I would hate to be accused of making such bogus things as that :)

Edited by Spotty

My bad, I remembered reading an article on AAL about all those bogus posts so it didn't make complete sense to me... I guess at the time I wasn't thinking much about what I was saying, lots of things on my mind. :P Sorry mark. Still, like I said before if someone chooses not to deliver something they promised, they probably have their own reasons! We do all of this theme-park business, (Well at least most of us do), in our own spare time. If something comes up, it has to wait. It's not a commitment to the public coaster community, and again I'll say it, why does everyone take it so seriously when someone doesn't stick to their word?

Its because he is constantly saying it WILL be up by such and such a date instead of SHOULD be up by such and such a date. Sorry Tony, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you should NEVER say anything WILL be done by a certain time, you should say it SHOULD be done by such and such a date, but we will let you know (when we can) if there is going to be a delay in the update/launch/whatever.

Alright kids, lets not turn this into one of those "this site Vs that site" convos, it doesn't need to spill over on these forums. I'm a fan of AAL and stop by for a read once every couple of days. I also have nothing against ZC. As far as the site not being up on time thing goes, I'll accept the reply that "stuff happens".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was just reading this thread and thought I would clear up one of the unresolved questions. :) The Theme Park Master and Kyle were indeed the same person. The YourWorld thread is pretty damn hilarious. In one of the posts, The Theme Park Master tells Kyle his true feelings: "Now, I have really never liked you, and I'm telling you now, I probably never will.".