Discovery Channel Expedition Everest Special

nev

Hey guys Just saw an ad on Discovery Channel for an hour long special on the creation, construction and technology of Expedition Everest. It's going to be on Monday 13th November, I think the time said 11pm but make sure you check your local guide to confirm it. The promo for it looked really good and included interviews with imagineers, etc. Thought I'd throw a heads up on here.

Are we talking about Mount Everest?
ROFL! No, I'm suprised you didn't know but I guess not everyone follows the theme park industry overseas... Yeh, google is god! :P It's definately open and cost a damn lot of money to build! However, lots of people are saying that it didn't live up to expectations of being the 'Thrill Ride of the Year'. It is still up there high in most people's list of favourite coasters, definately! Anyway, would anyone mind taping it for me and posting it somewhere as I haven't got cable? Thanks!

Haha!! I wouldn't call it the 'Thrill Ride of the Year' but it's deffinatly a WICKED ride!! I was at Animal Kingdom in October and went on Everest over and over again. Its pretty damn awesome!! Alos, I think that documentary is on YouTube in parts (I think there is 5 parts) , so you can always watch it there if it can't be taped for you or whatever.

Edited by tom

ROFL! No, I'm suprised you didn't know but I guess not everyone follows the theme park industry overseas... Yeh, google is god! :P It's definately open and cost a damn lot of money to build! However, lots of people are saying that it didn't live up to expectations of being the 'Thrill Ride of the Year'. It is still up there high in most people's list of favourite coasters, definately! Anyway, would anyone mind taping it for me and posting it somewhere as I haven't got cable? Thanks!
I don't follow theme parks from other countries.

Hey I found them on Youtube for those people who dont have Cabel. Its a very good program. I checked it out. Very intresting... here are the links Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2saoulyB9TM Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3py4e9sZRQ Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbaij34RlyM Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDy5cSXHlXI Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ocIQGODp8 You should watch it. They go to so much trouble to make it so real and a great ride...i was suprised... I love Disney Rides.

Ok so this is something EVERYONE should watch because it really sums up the entire Disney experience. Everything from the fact that they sent the imagineers to Tibet to get ideas and purchase props through to the complete re-design of the anti-rollback system on the lifthill to avoid the clicking noise is just amazing. Aside from being a stunning ride from every point of view, what this program does is show how everyone is so excited to be a part of the project, how everyone is committed to the story the whole way through and just how much of a team effort it really is. You've really got to wonder what other parks think when they watch something like this, it really does leave every other theme park company for dead. This is a must watch!

Thanks for the heads up guys. But, unfortunately, I don't have cable and I can't be bothered to watch it on YouTube. However, this is the really good part!! :D, my uncle has cable and could probably tape it for me. Anyway, it should be really good. I loved the doco on Kingda Ka that the Discovery Channel showed a while ago, so this should be as good, or, even better than the KK doco. And, thanks again! CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

Why wouldnt you just watch it on youtube, to save the hassle for your uncle to record it. Its not that hard, I even supplyed the links.
I would love to watch them on Youtube! It's just that the particular area that I live in has problems with getting broadband. And the only way to get it is to go Wireles (costs about $40 month for 200mb!!!!) or get a satelite. Oh, and the dial-up coverage is crap as well. Well, it's basically even slower than normal dial-up (AND THAT'S SLOW). I just don't have the patience to wait for something to load for hours and then not being able to save it to my computer. Oh, and I don't live in the country. I live about 20mins from Melbourne, it's just the stupid area that I'm in!!!!! :angry: Anyway, now you know what situation I'm in, so now we can all enjoy the doco. :) CoasterBoy6 - stupid dail-up company!!!!!!!!! :angry:<_< Edited by Coaster Boy 6

I would love to watch them on Youtube! It's just that the particular area that I live in has problems with getting broadband. And the only way to get it is to go Wireles (costs about $40 month for 200mb!!!!) or get a satelite. Oh, and the dial-up coverage is crap as well. Well, it's basically even slower than normal dial-up (AND THAT'S SLOW). I just don't have the patience to wait for something to load for hours and then not being able to save it to my computer. Oh, and I don't live in the country. I live about 20mins from Melbourne, it's just the stupid area that I'm in!!!!! :angry: Anyway, now you know what situation I'm in, so now we can all enjoy the doco. :) CoasterBoy6 - stupid dail-up company!!!!!!!!! :angry:<_<
Do you live in one of those estates? Eg. Caroline Springs or the one in Craggieburn?

Why wouldnt you just watch it on youtube, to save the hassle for your uncle to record it. Its not that hard, I even supplyed the links.
Because the viewer might own a 1m wide plasma with good speakers (not me though) and might want to enjoy the program on that rather than the small, blurry youtube screen. Oh, and maybe they dont want to break copyright laws either?

Yeh, Dreamworld Rulz. I live next to Caroline Springs, but unfortunately Gazza, I don't have a 1m wide plasma screen and I don't have a really cool speaker system B). Pfft, who cares about copyright laws these days. Everyone, i mean everyone, burns DVD's today. That's breaking copyright, isn't it. CoasterBoy6

Edited by Coaster Boy 6

Yeh, Dreamworld Rulz. I live next to Caroline Springs, but unfortunately Gazza, I don't have a 1m wide plasma screen and I don't have a really cool speaker system B). Pfft, who cares about copyright laws these days. Everyone, i mean everyone, burns DVD's today. That's breaking copyright, isn't it. CoasterBoy6
WOW your only down the road from me. Do you go to Highpoint Shopping Centre regulary?

Just to let you guys kow..you CAN save youtube videos.. You just have to go to www.keepvid.com, you copy/paste the youtube link of the video you're interested in, then you select the link that will be given to you by keepvid.com and you either choose to watch it or save it on your computer. The only thing that you have to do is to call it blablabla.flv and download a codec that will allow you to read flv files.