Eureka Mountain Mine Ride Maintenance

Drewboy

Most would attribute that to Disney's 'dark period' of cost cutting and mismanagement through the 1990s and early 2000s under the helm of Michael Eisner. A number of things at Disney went somewhat pear-shaped (by Disney standards) but it appears that the 50th anniversary celebrations were a turnaround in many ways for the park, company and managerial environment. So that then begs the question, is this Dreamworld's dark period? And perhaps more importantly, is there light at the end of the tunnel? As for Eureka Mountain, just about every possible conceivable situation has been discussed to death on the prior pages of this topic. I've got nothing more to add that hasn't been said countless times already.

We can only hope this is Dreamworlds Dark Period. Surely it can only go up. I know recently there have been some investigations going on in park in regards to theming etc and how it can be improved/repaired. Hopefully this leads to some action and doesnt go the way of the last set of investigations. Although, the plans for this year (from what I've heard) are only small, leaving a bit of money lying around to hopefully pick up their act. Fingers Crossed!

Just on Dreamworld upgrades and whatnot (semi relevant). When I was at the park on Friday, I overheard some dude (who looked pretty professional) taking some people around the park, who was at the time walking under the Tower of Terror, heading to Main Street (near the Rail Station) and he said something along the lines of "thats also about to get a major upgrade"). Now I am not quite sure what "That" is, or what a "Major Upgrade" is. For all we know, it could be anything from the ticket design, to an existing area in the park. And what a "Major upgrade" is to MLT, well we will never really know. So, with that in mind, lets just see what happens.

AGREED and also as to whats beeing said about whats meant to be a new ride they could just scrap that idea for probally just a year or 2 and just plain spend a couple of mil and/or just schedule a 1 day or so closedown of the park about 3 months proior or so just to TOATALLY fix up the park or so and try to make it al perfect again or so who agrees with me ????????????????????????????????????????huhuhuh????????????????? :blink::rolleyes::unsure::P

• 2 months later...

Hmmm... thats very odd. Thunder River was working fine on Wednesday when I went. On another note AVOID Dreamworld right now! The queues were horrible on Wednesday. Giant drop had filled all the switchbacks and was down to the log ride. Wipeout and Claw were overflowing, same with Tower, Motocoaster and Cyclone. I think the most shocking thing was the Reef Diver queue was filled to the brim also!

Dreamworld had some serious power supply issues yesterday thanks to Energex grid issues.. so there was mayhem all morning. Then soon after, Thunder river burned out the conveyor motor. hence waiting to be fixed. And yeah, attendace has been huge. A rediculous number on wednesday.

Really, record attendance? What was so special about Wednesday? Its sort of a double edged sword with those sorts of numbers, no doubt it means a lot of money, but I can imagine a large number of guests would had a pretty crappy day given the long lines amplified by already low capacity rides. Was the park anticipating this? Did they have full staffing on? Out of interest, what were the other lines like. I can just picture Motocoaster being an absolute train wreck with the queue out into the old captain Sturt wating area. By Spottys description GD sounded like an epic fail. Also out of interest, how did WWW fare? I probably would have just defected to there.

10,076 at final count. Another 14 people and they would have had to have closed the gates.
I wonder how they arrived at 10090 as the park capacity, and not 10100 or 10000 flat. Hey, something else I noticed, isn't it really curious how the 'factors beyond their control' that cause GD to run at reduced capacity always seem to affect the eastern side, and they always seem to happen on quiet days :rolleyes: To put this all into perspective though, DW just achived one quarter of Disneylands average daily attendance. Yay. Edited by Gazza

Also out of interest, how did WWW fare?
When Dan and I went over to WWW after 3, EVERY slide we walked right onto and every slide was in operation, apart from the left little ripper. Thursday was also a busy day for Movieworld and Dreamworld. When at Movieworld on Thursday, Wet n Wild didn't seem too busy, and every time I looked, surf rider didn't seem to be running. Dreamworld was horrible on Wednesday, waited about 20 minutes for a meal, and that was when the line's were short. How many rides did we do Dan, 4 or 5?

Sorry, forgot about BB studios being open, so they can go up to 11000. When the house is open it allows 13000. Normal capacity though, as far as im aware is 10000, though it takes a while for them to realise, so it usually gets to about 10100. But thats like 2 hour waits for tower and drop, motocoaster is rediculous, Claw and wipeout are just over an hour, if running to capacity. Its full on.

Hey, something else I noticed, isn't it really curious how the 'factors beyond their control' that cause GD to run at reduced capacity always seem to affect the eastern side, and they always seem to happen on quiet days
Its a staffing thing. The more senior operator at drop is always on the west side as it houses the main control panel, so when they only have one operator down there, it has to be on the west side, therefore reduced capacity.

First time post. I was at dreamworld for the first time ever on the 26th/7th of June. I obviously have never riden the Eureka Mountain Ride and i was disapointed to have never got the oportunity, it looks like a lot of fun. On the friday we were there, it was crazy busy for outside holidays. I guess most kids just wag the last day of school now days. The TOT line was REDICULOUS!! btw, motocoaster was crap. :P

I heard lately that dreamworld's been killing movie world with attendance numbers, with no stunt show and not as many rides as dreamworld, dreamworld been packed, while movieworld'd hardly seen a crowd!!! I went to movie world on a thursday a little while ago. Dead as a duck, most rides were basically walk on's no line to them at all, they had even shut down half the food stalls!!! It was also such a shame the trees had been cut down, they added so much atmosphere and really did gice it that magical feeling!!! While the next day, friday, i was at dreamworld, you couldn't move, it was packed!!! In fact it was the same day as the_muffler was there by the sounds, but I was on school holidays, had already been off for a week!!! Joys of being at a private school!!!

Depends on when you gauge it, my last trip to Dreamworld (towards the end of last month) it was what I would consider pretty quiet (Thunder Rive a a walk on, motocoaster only having a queue within the station bit etc), MW has been quiet too, though when I popped in for half an hour at the end of the day (a bit over a week ago) SDSC had 50 minutes on the sign, and Superman was running two trains (so they must have had decent numbers to warrant that). I think a bit of fatigue with MWs attendance would be setting in, with Batwing being the last large addition, though hopefully the new show will be a big draw.

Edited by Gazza

How would Pamela's appearance make any difference? She would have been under such tight security and probably brought to Dreamworld in the very early hours of the morning. Also attendance on weekdays outside of holidays is very hard to estimate. Due to the fact school groups etc could be attending. Mondays and Fridays are normally the busiest weekdays for the parks. Attendance could range from 1500 to 8000. It just really depends.

For anyone whos interested.. Thunder River will be down for approximately 15 days while they repair it. Gold rush country is officially dead quiet again, even with huge amounts of people in the park. Also, in regards to normal dreamworld attendance, id be aiming for later in the week to visit, so thursday or friday, less tour groups in. Also, Weekends are generally a little quieter than early week.. saturday more than sunday. If thats useful to you.